I found an ipod touch, but it's disabled. :(

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Zeroxtreem, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

Under normal circumstances I would return it, but it was dropped in a playground by a bunch of people who thought smoking and leaving cigarettes on a playground was cool. :D

I have tried guessing it but nothing works.

Tbh, I kind of wanted one.

I can't un-disable it, though. (its password protected)

Anyone got any ideas?

It's a 1st generation iPod Touch 8gb if it matters.
  2. jonolikesbuster

jonolikesbuster New Member

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Just saying, I would try to find out whose it is and return it. If you dropped an expensive electronic gadget you would want someone to do the same thing. Seeing as it's password protected it would be easy to tell whose iPod it really was.
    2 people like this.
  3. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

I wouldn't have lost it in the first place, but a name doesn't really help me because I live in a major vacationers spot...if the guy even knew which state he left it in there is no where I could take it to so he MIGHT even get it. I've been a pretty nice guy lately and I've always wanted one, so why not? I always try and return things..for once maybe I won't put a lot of effort into it this time. Ps I got past the code and I'm on it now :D
  4. Monster

Monster New Member

hey i know how to unlock it.

plug it into your computer (you need a usb cable, im assuming you already have one) and then hold down the power button (top of ipod) and slide to power off. Then hold the power button and home button (has a square on it) for 10 seconds until you see an apple logo (!!EDIT!!)then release the power button and continue to hold the home button for 5 seconds and then you will see an itunes logo and arrow. Next, your computer should recognize it and itunes will now show the ipod. Last, press restore in iTunes. Make sure the ipod is plugged in to your computer or it will not go into DFU mode.

If you have any questions message back
    2 people like this.
  5. redeft

redeft New Member

Return it. It's the better thing to do and it may just change the owners ideas on whats right and wrong, ex....like not dropping there butts on the grown.

Sry I sound like my grandfather, he was a pastor at our church.
  6. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

It's fine dude, you're only trying to help me, I understand. But while everyone says "you should return it" I'm thinking keep it. I don't see why I shouldn't. If he was stupid enough to just leave it there (I'm aware he lost it and obviously didn't just leave it there) then it's his own fault. I've had my regular iPod for about 3 and a half years and I still haven't lost it. Maybe this will make him take better care of his shit. :p
  7. Guru

Guru Sr. Member

Keep it! How would you return it anyway if you dont know who's it is?
  8. redeft

redeft New Member

What if was you?
  9. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

Then it'd suck because I know I'd never find it.

But I don't lose expensive things...so... :(
    2 people like this.
  10. bloodshed

bloodshed New Member

Your not going to get it unlocked. So your better off returning.
  11. hipe

hipe Subscriber

at least put up an ad, if you dont get replies, keep it. if you do, ask what the code was to make sure it was theirs.
  12. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

I already have unlocked it.
  13. Monster

Monster New Member

Well i just told him how so.. a little too late for that.
  14. bloodshed

bloodshed New Member

Well that's great, you have a free itouch. The sad part is, I honestly don't think you have any concious about this, I don't think you've thought it through enough but hey, you have your eye on the prize and nothing else matters, right? All the power to you if you lose something expensive and the person who finds it decides to pull what you're doing off

Just my thoughts
  15. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

Excuse me if I don't spend my time going around doing everything I can, wasting my time, because someone irresponsible lost their expensive crap.
  16. redeft

redeft New Member

:yinyang:It's your morals man!!:yinyang:
  17. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

My morals don't state I have to take time out of my day to help someone else find something they lost who I have no emotional connection to whatsoever.

If I actually see "I'm Looking For" signs around where I live then I'll pursue it. I'm not going to be the one who looks all over for someone who may not even be looking for it.
  18. Monster

Monster New Member

in my opinion i think you should just keep it. The chances of finding the person that lost it is pretty small and there are other greedy people out there who will claim it when it wasnt theirs.
  19. bloodshed

bloodshed New Member

How is someone irresponsible when they merely forget something, no one is perfect. But what ever, when that "irrisponsible" person is you then don't expect to ever see what you lost again. It comes back to bite you in the ass later on in life, trust me
  20. nlancerstar50

nlancerstar50 New Member

dude, fuckin keep it ok.. yea morals and the right thing but listen, you don't know who he is, where he lives, any information to get it to him, plus if u put an ad in the paper then either everyone or no one will reply, plus do you really wanna spend money shipping it to him, oh and on the flip side if the dude was leavin lit ciggs on the playground then he shouldn't be rewarded with his cigg smelling ipod that he also left at the place