I tried to study while stoned and... I got a 48

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by MonarchX, Nov 28, 2007.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

My exam average was about 92 in my accounting college class and I tried to check out the whole myth about being stoned and studying.

Well it doesn't work!

2. titty

titty New Member

I almost always got 90 or above on tests while stoned, I seemed to do worse while I wasn't stoned sometimes to (this was in economics though, I'm sure it'd be different depending on the class)

3. Darque Pervert

Darque Pervert Jive Honkey

It doesn't work for YOU.
    Studying, like anything requires discipline & focus. Some people can apply the required discipline and focus while high. Some can't. I think you're in the latter group that can't. :shrug:

Again, I thought you were giving it up...
    Jus think, Monarch. If you'd kept to your word, your GPA would be better! I wonder how a failing mark would affect your scholarship eligibility that you're so concerned about in other posts. :rolleyes:

4. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

If being high made one get bad grades, I never would have survived college. On the contrary, I did pretty damn good. Just remember, if you STUDY high, you have to TAKE THE TEST high......but I was high all the time, so such wisdom was rather irrelavent to me. However, rest assured, studying high doesn't make you fail tests....not knowing the subject matter makes you fail tests

5. ADIDAS

ADIDAS Represent. KY

I believe what TM is talking about is called "state associated learning", which just means that if youve acquired a skill high, you usually need to be in the same state of mind to recall that info as well.

While I never went to school high, I know that I cannot do the simplest math equation while ripped. Im fine with any other subject (and Im fine with math sober), but I end up thinking too hard about math problems and end up doing a circle in my head and forgetting everything hahah.

2 people like this.
  6. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

That happened before I quit (like a month ago).

7. green medicine

green medicine New Member

Subjects like English, History, or Philosophy I could study/test high.
    Math and Accounting would be an entirely different issue. "Say Professor, can I have four hours to take this test?" :laugh:

When I'd take a test high in college it was more to just get a little high to take an edge off the nerves, than it was to be blazed.

8. Knobley

Knobley New Member

I took my chem midterm this year really high. Accidentally, in fact. It was about 4 PM on a Saturday, with a friend. "Hey, lets smoke a few bowls!" we decide. Around 6 PM I realize "Oh shit I have my test in an hour."

Got an 88. Hell yes.

9. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

I can't get over this grade... I was going to make all As....

I almost cried the other night. I set such high standards for myself. My GPA is suffering at 3.7 as it is.

10. steakii

steakii New Member

Dude if you smoking and studying is making you cry you shouldnt do it. I guess your not going to quit like you said a few weeks ago, but just dont study while high. It just doesnt work for you.

Also, a 3.7 GPA is not suffering at all. If i had a 3.7 GPA i would jump for joy. Stop worry so much a calm down

11. FakeBoobsRule

FakeBoobsRule Nice legs are a must (LC)

That is exactly right Adidas, you beat me to it. Except I think the term is called State Dependent Learning. It doesn't always have to do with being high, it can have to do with emotions or physical states too. But there is a lot of literature and research on how if you study and learn something while high, recalling this information or skills can require you to be in the same state as when you learned them.

12. vern

vern Sr. Member

I wrote a college essay high and got 97/100 on it (only after some sober grammar revisions!). I think it depends on the person, subject...all that stuff.

13. mars

mars New Member

I wrote an editorial for my journalism class right after smoking and even got a little bit of extra credit from it for doing so well :laugh:.

I'm not saying it was hard to write, just that if you focus you can still function (in my experience)