Iowa Headshops?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by WNB, Sep 13, 2003.

1. WNB

WNB Seasoned Activist

Anyone even know of any headshops in Iowa? I moved here about 3 weeks ago, and found a few places to get weed. Problem is, I can't find anywhere to get a pipe. All I brought from home is a bad stone pipe, and some ziggys. The one headshop in my town doesn't even sell pipes, thanks to Ashcroft.

So help me out! Does anyone know of any Des Moines area headshops? Or even Iowa City headshops?

2. hauptmann

hauptmann Seasoned Activist

Then why are you calling it a headshop?

3. WNB

WNB Seasoned Activist

Re: Re: Iowa Headshops?

Yea, turbo posting is bad...why are you even posting on this thread when you have nothing productive to say :mad:?

I'm calling it a headshop because it sells rolling papers, incense, stoner clothes, hemp, and pretty much everything else sold by headshops. That is, except pipes.

4. Coolguy

Coolguy New Member

Searched google. Couldn't find any headshops in your area cept one that was closed down.

5. Feorge Gorman

Feorge Gorman New Member

We moved from the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area...

...almost exactly 4 years ago!

While we were there pipes/smoking paraphernalia were FORBIDDEN to sell!

Everyone I knew hadda make a trip to Minnesota to get theirs!

There are boutiques where you can buy posters and incense and stuff. But we had to learn to enjoy a good joint instead of packing a bowl. ;)

pOOn :cool:

6. scruf

scruf New Member

theres one in cedar falls on the hill. It's a middle aged womans salon, but she has a section of pipes and other stuff in there. Theres also one about 20min away from there, but a very small selection. I'd reccomend driving to mankato, mn and stopping by pure pleasures, or else minneapolis and hitting up sex world.

7. zoltron

zoltron Banned

I never realized that...

I never thought about anything like that:D Being from Chicago, we always assumed a head-shop was their store to buy some head of cattle...put that in your pipe & smoke it.;) :D :chokin:

8. HighInAmes

HighInAmes New Member

Check your PMs

Hey dude. Check your PMs.

9. jd69108

jd69108 New Member

There are some headshops in Iowa City... there's The Den by the pedmall downtown... I believe there's a least one more in downtown Iowa City... I haven't really checked out the scene in a few months because I'm out in Colorado for school now... I do have a lot of friends going to school at Univ of Iowa so I know the scene fairly well

10. its worth the drive

hi~
    I live just across the river in the quad cities and the best place around for glass is clinton. A place called PHEONIX, it is just off the fulton/clinton bridge. And if you don't mind short road trips, just into Wisconsin are several cheap and superb glass shops. I hope that helps.. 1 luv :bong:

11. The Godfather

The Godfather New Member

Theres a shop in Dubuque called moondog. Just a small selection of pipes and papers, it's more of a record store.

12. biz-one

biz-one New Member

Theres a headshop in des moines called "daydreams"
    its by Drake university... i think its a little bit east of there, im not sure, its been a long time since ive been there. its hard to miss though, just look around. its got a huge ass sun with sunglasses in the window.

and yeah, im new to this forum. whaddup yall?

13. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

Debuque has one..It's pretty small, but still sells the stuff..If you have a credit card, find a glass blower online and order from there...Pipes and what not are alot cheaper online...

14. TheInstitution

TheInstitution New Member

if you ever head west to Sioux City there's a headshop called Grateful goods with a nice selection

15. euforia420

euforia420 New Member

Theres an awesome new shop open downtown right by BoJames called the Inzone, awesome hookah selection.

16. tokinsmoke

tokinsmoke New Member

In Zone is pretty tight. It's got decent stuff and at decent prices.