Is kush sativa or indica?

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by Acedeuceblazer, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Acedeuceblazer

Acedeuceblazer New Member

I'm pretty sure it's indica because of pictures and that it's best grown indoors, but some people are saying otherwise

and I know there's a good amount of different kushs, but like in general

2. Shellshock

Shellshock Subscriber

Kush's are Indica, or at least Indica dominant. They generally comprise of a very very strong body high. I'm getting a bit tired of Kush, it's got too much hype in my town. Every friggin day it's Purple Kush it seems. Not complaining, cause it's good bud, but some variety would be nice. I'm still looking for a good Sativa dealer.

3. Cosmic_Smoke

Cosmic_Smoke New Member

It is absolutely indica. Indica is the natural weed of places like europe and asia, and they grow in cool high elevations. Sativas grow more in places like africa where its hot. Kush is from afganistan where the weed is definitely indica. However most commercial kush strains are a hybrid, but still indica dominant.

4. hector

hector Sr. Member

2 people like this.
  5. StOnEr420

StOnEr420 New Member

Yeah dude I feel you. Same over here. I mean i can still get regs and heads but that shits wank . It's just old , smoked that for like 2 months last year then moved up.

6. wildcat420

wildcat420 New Member

all i find is indica now.

7. CrayzStoner

CrayzStoner New Member

Well I may be wrong but this is how I view it. Sativa strands give you an energetic long lasting high. Indicas are usually a heavy body high and may make you tired...which is why its used for patients who have body pains or insomnia.

While everyone else has said its indica, by definition of the types and the NUMEROUS amounts of time ive had og kush, electric kush, purple kush, and master kush....they all made me feel extremely awake and they had an amazing mood lifting effect.

The Sativa High :
    The sativa high is often characterized as uplifting and energetic . The effects of a sativa marijuana are mostly cerebral. They give a feeling of optimism and well - being, as well as providing a good measure of pain relief for certain symptoms. A few pure sativas are also very high in THC content. They are known to have a quite spacey, or hallucinogenic, effect. Sativas are a good choice for daytime smoking.

The Indica High :
    The indica highs are most often described as a pleasant body buzz. Indicas are great for relaxation, stress relief, and for an overall sense of calm and serenity. Marijuana indicas are also very effective for overall body pain relief, and often used in the treatment of insomnia. They are the late - evening choice of many smokers as an all - night sleep aid. A few pure indica strains are very potent in THC, and will cause the "couchlock" effect, enabling the smoker to simply sit still and enjoy the experience of the smoke.

I copied and pasted those ^

4 people like this.
  8. redfox30

redfox30 New Member

Usually referring to the Kush strain family which is named after it's birth place, the Hindu Kush region of the Himalayan Mountains in Afghanistan (ex. Hindu
    Kush, OG Kush, Master Kush, Bubba Kush, Purple Kush, etc). Kush is usually a Indica dominated strain.

9. AstroCoaster

AstroCoaster Sr. Member

Actually Kush is one of the earliest hybrids of Marijuana. I always thought Kush was 100% Indica untill today when I looked up some info on Erowid and checked out the leaf comparison Chart. Erowid Cannabis Vault : Leaf Images

10. Love4TheNugg

Love4TheNugg NorCal MushroomCloud

As far as I know Kush is Indica

11. Dark

Dark Fool on the Hill

I don't know why it states it as a hybrid, but I would disagree. I suppose it would depend on the particular strain of kush, but most are 100% indica, or close.
    A strain I currently have, Mazar Kush, supposedly from World of Seeds, World of Seeds Legend Collection Mazar Kush, is 100% indica. You could not get a 100% indica strain from kush if kush wasn't 100% indica to begin with.

2 people like this.
  12. Stay Negative

Stay Negative Sr. Member

I'm glad i'm from Cali,
    I always get a different strain each time
    i pick up.

13. AstroCoaster

AstroCoaster Sr. Member

Thanks Dark, but remember... we can't have those kind of "links" ... about "seeds" ... you've got to edit your post before a mod or someone does something to it. Anyway, thanks for your opinion on Kush being an Indica. I think that the people actually deal with these plants know a lot more about them anyway and I don't always know how reliable the information I read over on Erowid actually is because I think most of the "Trip Reports" are done by people that know how to write and don't actually get high. So besides that I question some of their info, but I had to bring it up because I saw it.

14. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

Most Kush is Indica dominant.
    However, one of the most renowned, OG Kush, is actually (or, at least typically) sativa dominant. It's an old cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush which is backspun onto Chem Dawg (a high intensity sativa).

It's important to keep in mind that, these days, most weed is a hybrid. To actually run across some weed that is 100% one way or another is extremely uncommon...

15. Dark

Dark Fool on the Hill

What makes you think we can't have links of seedbanks?
    If it's true, it's news to me

16. co0lk1ll

co0lk1ll New Member

EXACTLY.

17. Love4TheNugg

Same here, Its pretty damn rare that I get the same weed more than once or twice.

18. buddlydoright

buddlydoright New Member

wow man great post. Thanks for that copy and paste. I guess I smoke ALOT of indica then. I guess by those definitions I've only "really" had sativa a few times.

19. Love4TheNugg

Indica's are awesome dude, I think I get a pretty good mix. We just bought the last of the Blue Dream off my dealer, he went and got some bubba kush, but he's mainly waiting on some chronic Lemon Kush to finish curing.

Once it's done curing I'm def. gonna get some Lemon Kush.

20. Nickel_Pickle

Nickel_Pickle New Member

I prefer the Indica High. The Sativa high makes my heart race, and amps me up too much. I have to keep moving and I don't enjoy the high as much. Does anyone else experience this?