Is resin bad for you?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by highallthetime, Jun 30, 2003.

1. What's resin actually made up of? I heard it's melted weed or somethin but I don't know. I'd figure it would be mostly carbon and who knows what else. Some people find it disgusting to smoke (not me). Well, any thoughts?

2. MrIMStoned

MrIMStoned |BIG BROTHER|

I live in Glencoe, if you know where that is.

Anywho, resin isnt bad for you and if it is you should stop smokin weed because it's covered in it.

3. MyMommyBurnsMe

MyMommyBurnsMe New Member

resin is bad for you, but so is weed, does it matter?

4. Jaycrills

Jaycrills New Member

Of course it's bad for you, anything you burn and inhale is going to be bad for you.

5. Well is it worse for you than weed? And what exactly is it??

BTW I know where Glencoe is.

6. Jaycrills

Jaycrills New Member

7. WNB

WNB Seasoned Activist

Resin has ALOT more tar than weed does, and also needs to be burned much hotter than weed.

So yes, it is extremely bad for you...but I don't imagine smoking it every once in a while when you run out of weed is such a bad thing.

8. Herb Ninja

Herb Ninja Seasoned Activist

Answers this question. :)

I assume it to be worse then cannabis as your ash accumlates along with the resin making a blackened accumulation of nasty things left behind burned cannabis.

9. EeJay

EeJay Senior Member

It also has a lot more cannabinoids than weed does, and I believe the tar:cannabinoid ratio isn't much different to weed at all.

10. Barker

Barker Cunt.

That is why us europeans mix our hash and soapbar(shítty hash)
    with tobacco

Im so glad i'm able to get hold of nice skunky buds now

:cool:

11. Wise

Wise New Member

I take resin hits sometimes. It gets you pretty high.

12. Ilúvatar

Ilúvatar Where is my mind?

highallthetime, What do you mean by resin? I'm confused if you mean the resin that accumulates in the pipe chamber, or hash.

13. I'm talkin about the sticky shyt that builds up after smoking a lot of weed. My buddies said that it was tar with thc stuck to it or somethin but I don't know if that's right.

14. vaya

vaya Activist

Think about it logically:

Since THC when burned or vaporized is sticky, some of it inevitably sticks to the sides of a chamber or bowl. Thus, ash, tar, unburned carbon from the lighter flame, and other such nastiness is stuck to it, creating the black gooey sh(t you see in your bowl.

Whether or not its worse for you than is weed, is another question, that I unfortunately cannot accurately answer.

15. SJK420

SJK420 New Member

Mmmmmmmmm! good old ball of resin

16. richpull10

richpull10 Banned

Hashish is resinous materials on the marijuana plant that are pressed into blocks and then you smoke it. Hash is much more powerful then marijuana but it is also difficult to make and some people dont like being that zonked out. I prefer blueberry strains of weed, strong stuff but you are coherent after you smoke it.

17. ManMulcahey

ManMulcahey Wilson, King of Prussia

I think the resin from inside your bowl would be the worst for you, its all ash from cashed bowls and what not. But i dont know...

18. FadedToBlack

FadedToBlack New Member

I love resin. It's the tar produced from burning weed. It gets you really high, and it's almost like free weed.:p

19. Herbalistic3

Herbalistic3 New Member

Smoking resin is only a desprate attempt to get high. I got high from it before, and its not all that great of a high. Plus it tastes like ash/ass.

Also if you clean a bowl that you have had in your pocket theres a good chance that hair and lint are going to stick to the resin. Smokin lint? Yuck! :puker:

20. Dalamar49

Dalamar49 New Member

I don't get high from smoking resin. I rather keep that crap out of my lungs so I eat it instead. I haven't noticed an effect from that either, but I don't like throwing away anything that might have a use.

"Waste not want not."