Is smoking in a hotel room safe?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by paki_eyez, Nov 29, 2008.

1. paki_eyez

paki_eyez New Member

Im very cautious when it comes to smoking. Im not one of those people who will just smoke anywhere. My prefrence is in my room, windows open, no one home. But alot of people I know say they smoke when they go to hotels. I dont find this logical because hotels usually have alot of people and sometimes the windows dont open. Anyone have a bad expierience while tokin in a hotel?:rolleyes:

2. _Jay

_Jay Sr. Member

You should be fine, lock the door, and maybe put a damp towel in front of it. I wouldn't worry about the smoke detectors, and crack the window if possible. I've done it many times, never had any problems.

3. Bhikku

Bhikku News Administrator

I've done it, no worries. I smoked off the balcony though. I was on a high floor and the sea breeze carried the smoke off easy. So I'm sure people could smell it, but you couldn't tell what direction it was coming from.

2 people like this.
  4. Darkflan

Darkflan Sr. Member

I've done it quite a few times. Buy a bottle of Febreeze to spray around after and put a wet towel under the door. Also request a smoking room if possible.

5. allenlovesgreen

allenlovesgreen Subscriber

I've done this many times, usually with my pipes. Just lock the door, go to the bathroom(lock the door again) turn the fan on and toke up =)
    If you do that then you should be fine.

6. homemadebubbler

homemadebubbler Always bubblin'

I would only do it if smoking anything was allowed in the room.
    I wouldn't feel safe toking in a nonsmoking room...

7. TheFamous1

TheFamous1 New Member

Febreeze + Towel at the bottom of the door and you're good. Crack a window and toke away.

If you really want to be cautious, sit by the window and blow the smoke out.

8. newcarcaviar

newcarcaviar Sr. Member

From personal experience...

A buddy and I road tripped across Canada for a few weeks last summer and we stayed in many a hotel room (camped/roomed 50/50). At the start I was naive and smoked in any room we were in, I just put a towel under the door. Then my buddy pointed out that maybe it's not the best move to be smoking in non-smoking rooms. If I had put 20 seconds of thought into it, I probably could have figured that out on my own... :facepalm:

After that, we only smoked in smoking rooms, never non-smoking, used only a pipe, never joints, put a towel under the door and blew out the window whenever possible. Actually, until writing this I never really thought of how much of a risk we were taking. Obviously we weren't completely dumb and took a lot of precautions, but in hindsight, there were some close calls that we averted then without realizing it.

I don't want to ramble on, but this thread also made me remember for the first time how I almost lost my treasured first pipe on that trip. After a session I'd left it in an empty pizza box while we went exploring Winnipeg since there was still a bit left in the bowl. We came back and I searched high and low for the pipe until I finally remembered that I'd left it in the pizza box. It would have been history if the maid had come by to empty our trash. Phew!

9. r4inbow2rhin0

r4inbow2rhin0 New Member

I've always been decently cautious about smoking in public places, especially now that I have been confronted by the man on two separate occasions. (got off the first time because I wasn't holding, possession of peraphernalia and a confiscated bowl the second time) But I've only really considered smoking in a hotel once, and my friends and I decided to go out to the car instead.

10. 29yeartoker

29yeartoker New Member

I never had any problems. I smoke cigs anyway so I always ask for a smoking room. I don't bother putting anything under the door or anything. To this point never a problem. Maybe it's luck I don't know.:shrug:

11. Kiefer Suthrlnd

Kiefer Suthrlnd New Member

the detectors would never go off from weed or tobacco..like others said towel the door if you're worried, and bring some air freshener with you. We also used to make the pot of coffee they give u after smoking, or cook a bag of popcorn if we were desperate.

You can smoke in the nonsmoking rooms just don't leave any trashes of ash..or burns. my worst experience was my parents checking on me and my friends to give us money..luckily they didnt say shit cuz the headie smell was lingering...

o and if youre smoking and the hotels fire alarm goes off...it prolly wasnt you so dont freak out (happened to me)

12. Wicked

Wicked Sr. Member

I have only had one instance where police were called for smoking marijuana in a hotel room, and that's because it was a hotel party that was organized by some younger guys that had their father book the room. I showed up with a couple of my friends as the police were pulling up, and apparently they had the hotel room door open and they were being disrespectful to the people in the rooms next to them by being loud and obnoxious.

So, as long as you're quiet and respect the people around you, you will be fine. If you get nervous, go into the bathroom and run the exhaust vent while you smoke.

13. str8dank

str8dank New Member

I've done it before i just put a wet towel under the door, cracked the window, put the do not disturb sign on the door, locked it and me and my friends smoked away. We checked out in the morning and were on our way.

14. air-wick

air-wick New Member

ive worked in 3 hotels. not once did i or anyone i worked with, call the cops for smoking weed in a room. if it happened to be coming from a nonsmoking room, id just send the bellman to let them know they cant smoke in a nonsmoking room or theyd get charged. also, smoking rooms would be your best bet since they tend to have a stale cigarette smell that you can smell through any weed youve smoked in the room.

theres probably several potheads working the front desk at any hotel you check in to.

if you're worried about any problems, you can always just steam up the bathroom and smoke

15. RT_Fufkin

RT_Fufkin New Member

Ok, here's the sure-fire way to smoke in any hotel room without getting busted.
    1) Take a towel from the bathroom and put it at the bottom of the main entrance to the door.
    2) Step into the bathroom, close the door and do the same with the towel to the bathroom door.
    3) Start the shower and make sure it's good and hot (you want lots of steam)
    4) If there's some kind of shower gel or soap, empty a bit into the running shower.
    5) Light up, and enjoy.
    5a) Added protection: Most hotels have a built-in hairdryer on the wall of the bathroom or one in the bathroom. If you want some extra insurance, (and I always do this) turn the blowdryer on and hold the back of it close to your mouth while you are smoking. The back end of the blowdryer will take the smoke and force it through the dryer and kind of disperses the smoke even more.

I've never been busted and I've done this dozens of times in non-smoking rooms.

Cheers

2 people like this.
  16. allenlovesgreen

allenlovesgreen Subscriber

Why not just get a smoking room? :doh:.

17. CasSteal

CasSteal New Member

I would reccomend smoking out of a bowl or bong,no joints or paper of anykind cuz the stinch sticks around wayyyyy longer than just the smell of weed.alone.pipes and bongs are the safest

18. VaporizorMariJ

VaporizorMariJ Sr. Member

Iv lived in hotel rooms for weeks and weeks, due to my job. Never once was I busted...

I recommend No Joints (They Stink)
    Towel the Door, Towel the Bathroom
    Choose Smoking Rooms if you can(altho I always did it in non smoking rooms)

If your absolutely paranoid... Stuff a toilet roll tube full of dryer sheets and blow through that (I used to do it as a kid in my room while my parents were sleeping upstairs and they never had any clue.)

19. Up In Smoke

Up In Smoke Guest

You're safe... as safe as you could be in a Hotel.

Reserve a Smokin Room. If you dont, and they suspect you were smoking (anything) they have the right to charge you for cleaning costs... Ive seen upwards of $300.

Crack a Window, Place a Towel under the Door. Smoke your hearts out.

If someone knocks on the door... dont answer, for all they know, no one is there.

If you are really paranoid, as it is acceptable to be.. just do everything I said, but add an extra few steps. Go into the bathroom, again, put a towel down, start the shower and tap and put it to maximum heat. Once it gets nice and steamy, light up your joint/pipe/vaporizer- Jamaican Hot Box.

a nice addition to the box is write on the steamed mirror "Fort Wenty" it makes things more "homey" lol

20. Mushroom Man

Mushroom Man Feeling eternal..

Wow. I actually just checked into a Stay Clean USA and smoked a few bowls already. I haven't put a towel under the door and the windows don't open. It's been a while since I smoked and no one has come here so I'd say it's pretty safe...