Is Smoking Resin Bad for You?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by MacNCheese, Aug 11, 2011.

1. MacNCheese

MacNCheese New Member

If I have a fairly used pipe and I'm low on weed, I scrape out the bowl and pack the resin into a ball. I stuff it in the standard metal cigarette-looking one-hitter. I was wondering if smoking resin is bad for you. I'm not concerned with the actual resin, just the fact that you are basically sucking in the lighter flame. I may be worried over nothing, and this may be the wrong place to put this, but I couldn't find anything that suited it.

2. Drew420

Drew420 New Member

Smoking resin is hard on your lungs just because of how the resin burns. But I would imagine inhaling butane doesn't help.

3. Phenom

Phenom Banned

Just a few times won't harm you, you should be fine. Resin really isn't that good for you though, and the buzz you may experience is also caused by the hydrocarbons and other toxins released from the TAR (Resin is essentially tar)

4. Love4TheNugg

Love4TheNugg NorCal MushroomCloud

Resin tastes nasty but it does fuck you up. Don't worry, kinda harsh on the lungs but thats all. I smoke resin on occasion without a second thought.

5. MacNCheese

MacNCheese New Member

Oh, okay. Thanks. I was just watching some youtube vids and they were saying how butane is really harmful to your lungs and smoking resin can mess you up, so I wanted to check if that's true. It was the CCC420 Chubbs collab is anyone was wondering.

6. Ryan 4891

Ryan 4891 New Member

if u ina pinch u ina pinch. nothing wrong with resin if u aint got no flower.