just bought a Molino Bong and have a question about the precooler.

Discussion in 'Water Pipes' started by cowboyfromhel86, Oct 15, 2009.

1. cowboyfromhel86

cowboyfromhel86 New Member

heres the link... Glass Bong - Mid Section with Clear Precooler - English - Grasscity.com

so my question is the precooler has a bowl which is conected to the down stem is there a way to buy a down stem with just a bolw holder? id rather it this way it would probably look better too..

so any suguestons or you think I should just wait for it to get here and see what size down stem would fit the precooler and go from there?

2. wayknbayk

wayknbayk New Member

so you want to remove your precooler/ashcatcher? or just remove that extra joint btwn the downstem and the precooler?

3. cowboyfromhel86

I want to beable to use diff bowls instead of useing the one with the stem atachted to it in the ashcatcher I wana keep the ashcatcher on the bong just dont like the Idea of having to pull the bowl and the stem out of the ashcatcher ya know

4. MestUp7

MestUp7 Sr. Member

Well if you want to clear it you either have to pull the ash catcher out or the slide in the ash catcher out...the ash catcher I use doesn't even have a slide so we just pull it out...I'm sure you could do the same.

5. jdogg2112

jdogg2112 Sr. Member

He wants to be able to pull a bowl out of the downstem which goes into the ashcatcher, instead of having to pull the one piece bowl/downstem. What you need to do is find a downstem with a 14.5 male to 14.5 female joint, just like the one that goes into the bong. That downstem will go in the ashcatcher, and a standard 14.5 bowl will fit in the female joint you now have. You just have to make sure it's the right length so it comes close to the bottom of the ashcatcher.

Now, this will work, and is generally the preferable setup for an ashcatcher. However, you may find that you get a lot of water spilling over from the ashcatcher into the bong. This happens when you pull the bowl and clear the bong with the downstem still in place in the ashcatcher, like you want to be able to do.

I'm sure you've noticed that with the current setup, the ashcatcher doesn't bubble when you clear it, thus preventing spillover. It's quite possible Molino includes the one piece bowl/downstem for this reason.

2 people like this.
  6. cowboyfromhel86

well I just got this guy last night took a little bit of getting used to at first but i like it alot. thing gets me ripped i might not buy a new down stem i might just get a newer ash catcher in the future and a defuser 9 i think thats what there called lol)

7. jdogg2112

jdogg2112 Sr. Member

Glad you like the bong.

As much as it's "nicer" to be able to just pull a bowl when you clear a bong, you may enjoy the fact that pulling the downstem and bowl together as one piece prevents water from the ashcatcher from splashing up and spilling into the bong.

8. cowboyfromhel86

yea I see what you mean when I asked this question I didnt even have the bong yet lol im 100 % happy with it although I wasnt expecting to have to use screens but since I like my bud ground up im gona have to invest in some lol since I would def lose the glass ones

9. Mister Dean

Mister Dean New Member

Thats a pretty sweet lookin bong dude.
    Enjoy