kief in a vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by troublemaker420, Aug 12, 2007.

1. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

Ok, so I finally got a little kief built up, and I'm going to be ready to smoke/vape it come morning. Whats the best way to vape weed in a vaporwarez without losing any of it? I have little to no experience with kief, especially in a vape.
  2. SuperTorch

SuperTorch Sr. Member

I'd think keep the temps on the low side to start out, don't burn it away to soon. I've never vaped kief so I'll be interested to hear how it goes and how you feel. It'll start to boil real fast once it reaches a certain temp so the hit may be harser than you expect and you may cough it out, so don't load all of it in at once, or like I said start with slow temps. Let us know.
  3. tekkenlaw

tekkenlaw Sr. Member

I haven't used a vaporwarez but I usually vaporize my keif at around 350F degrees and it works well for me.
  4. troublemaker420

Well, I appreciate your good intentions here, but my vape doesn't have a temp gauge....just a dial.
  5. 5drive

5drive Slacker

I can't say from experience, but I'd agree that low temp to start would be a good idea. Use a small amount. You might try a thin layer of weed on the bottom of the screen and a little kief on top, kinda like fudge on top of your vanilla ice cream. :drool:
  6. ADIDAS

ADIDAS Represent. KY

This ought to be interesting. I made a thread on this not too long ago... I never ended up doing it, let us know how it works. Im sure the taste is to die for.
  7. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I agree. The best approach is a small layer of herb on the screen, then the kief on top of that. I have done it a few times, but I always tend to get a little sucked through. So, I mainly smoke my kief in a glass pipe because of that.
    2 people like this.
  8. Sofa King

Sofa King It's Good to be the KING.

I found that if you save an old screen that has some pretty thick resin on it. When you get ready to change out your screen, save the old gunked up one and use it whenever you want to get a keif hit. A little herb on the bottom and keif on top. The extra resin on the screen keeps most of the keif from getting sucked through. I've only done this a couple times so far but it seems to work.
    Just a thought.

[​IMG]
  9. tokinGLX

tokinGLX Sr. Member

whenever i vape hash or kiff ill double screen the wand. that, and when i take a hit, i dont pull very hard. just a long, slow suck and youd better watch out, cuz you might be seeing stars.
  10. Trocisp

Trocisp Guest

I wouldn't recommend vaping kief in a vaporwarez, I tried it, a BUNCH of different ways. It took me like 3 or 4 bowls of it before I even got a decent hit, and it tasted horrible, I'm not really sure why though - the setting was almost all the way off. I also tried it with the hands-free and the standard whips - no difference. Vicki's method was the only one that worked decently, but even it wasted most of the kief.
  11. tokinGLX

tokinGLX Sr. Member

did you try turning the heat ...up? i really dont see how it is possible for kiff to taste bad, vaped or smoked. i cant see how it is possible to go through 3 bowls without getting a decent hit, i think perhaps you are trying to be too cautious with the low heat setting.

your vape is a lot different than mine, but you should not have to stuggle at all to vape kiff.

edited for the bonus picture
    [​IMG]
  12. SuperTorch

SuperTorch Sr. Member

^ WOW, kinda raises "The Sack of the Week" to a whole new level. Can't even imagine, MJ is strong as it is that'd just be off the charts. Tell us how it went Troublemaker
  13. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Set it on the low side of the spot where you can begin to vape weed.

I suggest that you put the kief on top of a bed of weed. Two reasons. The particles are small enough to pass through the screen and they can melt and clog it. When the screen is resin-clogged, it is very difficult to vape the resin out of it. The temp setting at which it would vape is very close to its ignition temp.

That was my experience. I ended up having ignition and losing most of the resin.
  14. Trocisp

Trocisp Guest

Yes, I tried turning it up, my point was that I started low and worked my way up.
  15. Strave

Strave New Member

How did it go TM?
  16. troublemaker420

Sorry I didn't get here and respond....I chickened out. it was my first time smoking kief, and I didn't want to waste it. I ened up packing a bowl of it with a bit of weed at the bottom of my glass pipe. It tasted awesome, and got us (the wife and I) high as hell!
    2 people like this.
  17. 5drive

5drive Slacker

:wth: :drool:
  18. dailysmoker

dailysmoker Subscriber

:confused:

a rookie like you...I don't believe it ;)

Yeah, I was thinking about how the high would be if I vaped my kief rather than smoking it. I also chickened out and decided to smoke it. I will probably give it a try next time I save up enough. Glad you got to try it out. I love that stuff.
  19. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

I tried kief in my vape last night. I use an empty 35mm film canister to store about a week's worth of weed that's cleaned and chopped up for my vape. Last night there was just a little left in the canister, to I dumped it all out to suck up into my whip. I looked in the canister and found that there was a bunch of stuff stuck to the bottom that wouldn't dump out, even if I struck the canister against a plate upside down.

It seems that a bunch of kief had drifted down to the bottom of the canister and stuck together. I scraped it out with a pointy instrument and added it on top of the weed in my whip.

Wow! The kief evaporated in two humongous hits that left me speechless and disoriented. The rest of the load of weed was greatly enhanced by the resin that recondensed on it from the kief. It was a tremendously "up" high. I usually vape right before bed to help me sleep. Last night I couldn't get to sleep for an hour and a half after vaping the kief.
  20. Trocisp

Trocisp Guest

Just curious, what temp did you use/how long did you let it heat up? Also, about how much keif did you use?