Kohl's and drug testing

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by wasd, Jun 20, 2011.

1. wasd

wasd New Member

Hey, so basically I had 1 hit 1 month ago, I had 1 hit about 16 days ago and unfortunately I had about 5 hits Friday night. I applied for a job at Kohl's on Saturday and did not expect to hear back so soon but I just received received a phone call today that they want me to come in for an interview tomorrow. I am worried about being drug tested since I smoked so recently.
    If anyone knows, will I be drug tested tomorrow or will it be some time before they notify me.
    If it means anything, i'm about 5'10, 140 lbs, male. If exercise makes a difference, I run/bike every day for an extended period of time. Saturday I ran for 40 minutes, yesterday for 2 hours, and today I will run for about an hour. I have heard something about drinking water the day of the drug test, but again I'm not even sure if I will be drug tested tomorrow or not or even if they will want to hire me.
    Any help that can someone can provide me would be much appreciated as I am pretty worried about this.
  2. wasd

wasd New Member

Also I am considering calling back and saying I am sick so I can get the interview moved, would this help at all?
  3. Drew420

Drew420 New Member

They probably won't drug test the day of the interview. Go and do the interview, you look better if you just go ahead and do it rather than call them and say that you're sick. That looks unprofessional.
  4. wasd

wasd New Member

Ok that makes sense. What happens if they do ask to drug test me? Should I be worried? I'm not sure if I should say I can't do it right now? Obviously that would be a bit suspicious...not sure hat to do
  5. DrugTestDave

DrugTestDave Moderator

They will generally send you to a lab for these tests, you should have anywhere from a few hours to 24 hours to complete your test after they've decided to hire you and your paperwork is signed.
  6. wasd

wasd New Member

Ok, well from the information that I provided, should I be ok or should I be worried about having the test? I know some people try to tamper with their urine and stuff but I don't really want to do that. I was just planning on drinking a lot of water tomorrow and maybe taking the 4 asprin in the morning? (The interview itself is at 3) Also, for the vitamin B, I won't have time to go out and get vitamin b supplements, but I have the once a day for men's and gummy bear vitamins haha. Any tips would be appreciated. I am hoping that the fact that I am a pretty thin guy and exercise basically every day will help, but I'm not sure..
  7. wasd

wasd New Member

Finally, the last thing I was thinking was that I will just drink a lot of water and piss clear. Since this is the first time, I may be able to retake the test a few days later and pass it with no problems?