Labcorp procedure ??

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by myhubsapothead, Sep 2, 2010.

1. myhubsapothead

myhubsapothead New Member

Short background.....my husband has been a daily pot smoker since before I knew him and we've been together going on 13 years. In this time he's only stopped smoking 2x for just a few weeks each time. Now, he found out last Tuesday that he'd have to take a drug test for a job he's trying to get and hasn't smoke since then.

His drug test was today at Labcorp and to prepare he drank a Ready Clean (has worked in the past) and followed the directions. He said his sample was very clear, like water and that when he brought his sample out of the bathroom the employee said "that's pretty clear" and he responded with "yeah, you should have seen it a week ago when I was trying to pass a kidney stone", which he was. He was actually put to sleep Monday of this week to have an endoscopic procedure done. That's the only reason the test was put off a week.

Anywho, the point of my thread....he said they poured his sample into 2 vials and then told him to have a seat and then they "stuck a piece of plasticr in there for 5 minutes", took it out and said "ok your good to go. your results will be in, in 24-48 hours.

My question is has this happened to anybody else who's tested at Labcorp?? Was it a litmus strip to test for dilution or maybe a rapid test? I've searched and searched and can't find anything......he also said there were 2 other peeps there and when they brought their samples out and poured them into the vials they did not have to wait for the "piece of plastic" test. They just initialed and left. He said their piss was golden yellow.
  2. Neighborhood Smoker

Neighborhood Smoker New Member

With a labcorp all that is done on the site is usually the temperature testing, and yes a litmus test is done on some labcorp tests right away before the sample is sent off. I've taken several in the past myself and I've seen it happen to myself a few times.

I'm a little confused also, are you saying that he drank a masking agent with just 2 days clean (last tuesday?) I'd be a little weary of that if only 2 days of not smoking. It would have been an ace in the hole if he just used your urine (Assuming its clean ;) )
  3. myhubsapothead

But why do the litmus test if they just have to send it off? Cuz it looked clear I guess? He smoked last Tuesday, as in Tuesday of last week.....9 days ago.
  4. bbgirl

bbgirl New Member

yeah because it was clear they probably wanted to make sure it wasnt diluted with water, etc... the test strip has to show a reading or else its been diluted past the point they can get one. they dont interpret the results as the lab tech - but they do make sure the sample is good... i have those strips at home and if its too diluted nothing will show up. but what showed up i have no idea just that the sample was good enough to submit so at least they did their job kinda thing... id love to know the results tho keep us posted and heres wishing for the best !
  5. myhubsapothead

The thing is, is that he didn't drink that much water. He drank the Ready Clean at 9:15 a.m., waited 15 mins, filled the bottle with water, drank that and sipped on a gatorade on the way to the clinic, which was 1 1/2 hours away from here. He voided 3x after drinking the Ready Clean and was so mad cuz the very next void after he left his sample was back to yellowish.

I was just wondering cuz of ALLLL the posts and websites and forums I've read the past week, I've seen no one that says they put a plastic strip in their sample before letting them leave the clinic.
  6. bbgirl

bbgirl New Member

well because they saw it was so clear it was probably just to cover their ass because afterall they are just lab techs so their job depends on getting good samples and following procedures not interpreting results... the one i went to had two women that i am sure had the combined IQ of a 3rd grader but still they did follow procedures... somewhat and didnt say very much to me other than what was probably in a manual they have. the gatorade probably helped too cause it was sugar in their which causes the body to store fat (exactly what u want), and not burn fat where THC is (exactly what you DONT want)
  7. myhubsapothead

Yeah, I'm not so much worried about him failing as I am it being a negative dilute. I don't know, we'll see I guess.....thx for your input!! I will definitely come back and let you know of the results.
  8. BuddhaDawg

BuddhaDawg New Member

Clear urine often means that an individual is sufficiently hydrated and nothing more. It means the person is simply flushing out excess water instead of the waste products that will often accompany yellow urine.

I would not read anything into the differences in color. It is probably that his Ready Clean and good intake of fluids make his sample nice and clean.
  9. bbgirl

bbgirl New Member

no problem and definitely check back in i am very interested in the Ready Clean method... also when did he last smoke before using the Ready Clean? Example: Last smoked on Monday took a test on Friday of the same week type of time frame. So that would be 3 days without smoking and took Ready Clean the day of the test. thanks so much
  10. myhubsapothead

The last day he smoked was Tuesday of last week....9 days ago.
  11. bbgirl

bbgirl New Member

Oi similar to me and i self tested waaaay positive... i just subbed yesterday and it was about a quarter full they wanted it half full so i got some more pee from my friend and am gonna be prepared in case i need to give more if they ask for a re-test... i have faith tho that everything is irie :D now i really wanna know if the Ready Clean worked lol
  12. myhubsapothead

My hubs just got this email from his recruiter:

"I have all the paperwork that has to be filled out to get you on board. I can bring this to you anytime this weekend, if you will tell me where to meet you. If we can get this completed and I can get it to corporate next Tuesday, we can get you started probably the following week. You can go ahead and give your notice where you are working now, and if you want to give 2 weeks notice, that is fine. Just let me know where to meet you, and we will get this done."

Wouldn't you think this means that he passed the test?? I can't fathom him telling him to go ahead and give his current employer notice if he hadn't received the test results back as having passed....
  13. bbgirl

bbgirl New Member

it takes a day or two - trust me labcorp is not gonna same day tell results - maybe 2 days. but yeah sounds good. if i were him I would not give notice to my current employer though until i know i am starting for sure. maybe wait til next week and give 1 weeks notice. hope you live in an at will state :D
  14. myhubsapothead

Well, he took the test yesterday morning and his recruiter told him 3 weeks ago when he put his application in that there would more paperwork to complete but not until after his background check and drug test came back clean. So from that, I would assume he's passed.
  15. bbgirl

bbgirl New Member

dude you are like the best wife ever! i am sure he's fine then. and given that i probably am too! i took mine yesterday too and got my employee login this morning... interesting :)
  16. myhubsapothead

Did you take yours at Labcorp, also?? I think you must've passed too then....why else would they assign you an employee login if you didn't? That would be crazy! Lmao....why do you say I'm the best wife ever??? lol
  17. bbgirl

bbgirl New Member

Yep Labcorp as well... so yeah i am feeling more relaxed now :) and you are the best wife ever because you are on top of all the details of his smoking and time frames etc... i hope he sincerely appreciates you ! especially if you dont smoke. most people wouldnt deeply concern themselves with all the little details of an activity that they dont engage in you know. its a good thing !
  18. myhubsapothead

Oh, well I'm just really anal about things like that. It's moreso cuz I'm just so worried that he wouldn't get this job, I guess. I'm an occasional smoker, like, I smoked his last bowl with him last Tuesday and that's the first time in, gosh I can't even remember! I took ONE hit and nearly choked my head off and I was FRIED!