Lasix

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by wiggle, Sep 26, 2008.

1. wiggle

wiggle New Member

does anybody know how to properly use Lasix is it inteded for you to take it hours, days, weeks before so that you test negative im a regular smoker about once a day, 5 foot 8in
    and skinny
  2. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

3. wiggle

wiggle New Member

yeah i know im kida desperate since i didn't get many answers and as i would hope we could disccus it more extensively it would be more proper to open a new tread so as people with the same question as mine would find the tread easier thus getting more input.
  4. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Well, I feel the need to say it again. Lasix can be very dangerous if taken improperly.
  5. wiggle

wiggle New Member

from what i read and believe to be accurate information which was acquired from the links i posted on the other thread say its only dangerous if take for extended periods of time
  6. jonolikesbuster

jonolikesbuster New Member

I'm not sure if you've realized that the internet is not a trustworthy source and most of the time provides a pretty incomplete picture.

The drug is available by prescription only for a reason. If it was safe for everyone to take it wouldn't be. My medical knowledge is pretty limited, that's why I trust the people who have to study it at least 10 years before practicing. It's really not worth the risk. Did you even read Buzzby's post in you previous thread?
  7. wiggle

wiggle New Member

well

well i do think you can think NRML wont write lies and it takes it from a quote from high times which i think is a trust worthy source.
  8. jonolikesbuster

Sure you can think it, that doesn't necessarily make it so. I don't care if Jesus Christ himself gave me medical advice, if he doesn't have any formal medical schooling he can take a walk. I personally value my health and the science behind it.

I would hardly say that High Times or NRML is a trustworthy source of medical information. That's like practicing law out of a Newsweek.
  9. wiggle

wiggle New Member

it was quoted from a drug testing officer in the army which probably has some basic insight as to which type techniques successfully employed in cheating such test and probably has been endlessly used for cheating drug tests.
    and it might be a prescription drug in the US like marijuana in california. which is legal in amsterdam
    kind of like lasix is legal in mexico.
  10. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I'd like to know what kind of training a "drug testing officer" has in the Army. I would hazard to guess that it isn't as much as a pharmacist or a doctor, or even some pharmacy technicians for that matter.

I used to work in pharmacy. However, I steer away from giving people advice about drugs. Despite the fact that I know a lot about them because it is dangerous to do so in a forum setting, where you really know nothing about the person you are having a conversation with.

It can potentially be very dangerous, as it could be with many prescription drugs.
    2 people like this.
  11. jonolikesbuster

Do you really think that he's inferring that you to take a prescription drug not prescribed to you? The Army doesn't teach the complex chemical reactions associated with medicine to drug testing officers. So even if he was, it would be completely without merit.

From this quote it seems like you can get it because of lax enforcement of drug laws, not because you don't need a prescription.
    4 people like this.
  12. wiggle

wiggle New Member

theirs some drugs that do require prescription and to my understanding lasix is a class C drug which means its dangerous to and unborn baby. acording to the FDA
  13. jonolikesbuster

The only letter ratings issued by the FDA are specific to pregnant women. This is a direct quote from the FDA description of the drug.

Warning: Furosemide (Lasix) is a potent diuretic which, if given in excessive amounts, can lead to a profound diuresis with water and electrolyte depletion. Therefore, careful medical supervision is required, and dose schedule must be adjusted to the individual patient’s needs.

I kept reading more about it on the site, and it sounds like pretty nasty. Something I wouldn't take without having a damn good reason. A drug test would not be worth the risk. Furosemide Official FDA information, side effects and uses.
  14. wiggle

wiggle New Member

well thanks because in the page link you uploaded theirs the basic guilines on how to use lasix within a safe range.

Adults -- The usual initial dose of Furosemide is 20 to 80 mg given as a single dose. Ordinarily a prompt diuresis ensues. If needed, the same dose can be administered 6 to 8 hours later or the dose may be increased. The dose may be raised by 20 to 40 mg and given not sooner than 6 to 8 hours after the previous dose until the desired diuretic effect has been obtained. This individually determined single dose should then be given once or twice daily (e.g., at 8 am and 2 pm). The dose of Furosemide may be carefully titrated up to 600 mg/day in patients with clinically severe edematous states.
    Edema may be most efficiently and safely mobilized by giving Furosemide on 2 to 4 consecutive days each week.
    When doses exceeding 80 mg/day are given for prolonged periods, careful clinical observation and laboratory monitoring are particularly advisable. (See PRECAUTIONS: Laboratory Tests:).

ill just not take more than 80mg tablet
  15. FakeBoobsRule

FakeBoobsRule Nice legs are a must (LC)

Take 600 mg of Lasix and see what happens. You won't like it and you can get an electrolyte imbalance from that much. Lasix is a loop diuretic that works by preventing reabsorbtion of potassium in the Loop of Henle (that's in your kidneys). As potassium leaves the body water will follow the potassium. Potassium deficiency can lead to muscle problems that range from cramping and weakness to cardiac problems and possibly death. But hey don't listen to me since I seem to have no clue about how lasix works and the possible side effects.

Lasix will do nothing to help clean you out. It doesn't affect how your kidneys eliminate THC metabolites.

NORML needs to stick to drug reform laws and not how to beat drug tests because a lot of their information is very old.

See I was right. Check it out. I went back and looked at the article you keep referring to and I was right it is old info as it was written 20 years ago. Drug testing has changed significantly over the last 20 years.

The following regime has been suggested by a former army drug testing officer (Robert Freeman, "How to 'Beat' a Drug Test," High Times, Aug. 1988)

Diuretics are unpredictable so it is better to dilute by increasing fluid intake in order to control your dilution better. Also, some drug tests will test for diuretics so that's like subbing with dirty urine.
    6 people like this.
  16. NurseP

NurseP New Member

Thank God someone with common sense chimed in!

Let's get some perspective here. I have a lot to lose if I fail a drug test but I'm not willing to take a chance on:

1. Passing out from hypotension and being admitted to a hospital for an IV infusion of a volume expander. (Lasix lowers the BP so if your baseline is low you WILL BOTTOM out and collapse). Have fun explaining to the doc why you took Lasix. :rolleyes:

2. Possible cardiac death because of Potassium loss.

3. Severe dehydration from fluid loss.

3. Life threatening acid base imbalance due to the loss of sodium.

It's just a drug test PEOPLE just spend the bucks and get some QF or pay someone clean to give you some of their pee. If you mess around with Lasix you are risking DEATH.

If you have to take a monitored test and can't sub then STOP fricken smoking already.

Here are the side and adverse effects of Lasix:

SIDE EFFECTS: Dizziness, lightheadedness, headache, blurred vision, loss of appetite, stomach upset, diarrhea, or constipation may occur as your body adjusts to the medication. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly. This medication may lead to excessive loss of body water and minerals (including potassium). Tell your doctor immediately if you have any of these unlikely but serious symptoms of dehydration or mineral loss: muscle cramps or weakness, confusion, severe dizziness, drowsiness, unusual dry mouth or thirst, nausea or vomiting, fast/irregular heartbeat, unusual decrease in the amount of urine, fainting, seizures. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: numbness/tingling of the arms/legs, ringing in the ears, hearing loss. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these highly unlikely but very serious side effects occur: signs of infection (e.g., fever, persistent sore throat), easy bleeding or bruising, stomach/abdominal pain, persistent nausea/vomiting, yellowing of eyes/skin. A serious allergic reaction to this drug is unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction include: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, trouble breathing. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

9 people like this.
  17. NurseP

NurseP New Member

:rolleyes: Anyone who is receiving 600mg of Lasix per day is lying in a hospital and most likely they are suffering from severe pulmonary edema related to CHF (congestive heart failure). This person would be hooked up to all sorts of IVs and a cardiac monitor and they would be carefully monitored by specially trained nurses (likely to be in the ICU) and a doc can be at the bedside within a short amount of time. The hospital has volume expanders and vasopressins (anti-diuretics) on hand to immediately reverse the negative effects if too much Lasix is given.

What will you have on hand if you screw up and overdose yourself on Lasix?

I'm not telling adults what to do but when you think about all of the potential harm you can do to yourself can you honestly tell me it is worth taking the risk?

2 people like this.
  18. NurseP

NurseP New Member

Drugs in Pregnancy : SafeFetus.com

^^^These are the FDAs drug categories for pregnant women. Lasix being a class C drug means that it may or may not have a teratogenic effect on a developing embryo/fetus. If a women needed to take Lasix her doc would have to carefully evaluate whether the benefits outweighed the potential for harm. It would also depend on what stage of pregnancy she was in because there are some times of development that are more critical than others. So a drug that would harm a embryo during the first 8 weeks of pregnancy may have no effect in the last month of pregnancy when structures like the brain, spinal cord etc are more developed and it goes both ways. There are some drugs that you CAN take in early pregnancy that you cannot in late pregnancy. .

Anyway, I digress because the preggo category has NADA to do with why this drug is dangerous for a non-preggo.
    2 people like this.
  19. FakeBoobsRule

FakeBoobsRule Nice legs are a must (LC)

It has been brought to my attention that my post seems to be telling people that it is ok to take 600 mg of Lasix. That is not the message I was trying to send as I was being sarcastic in the first sentence of the following post:

I'm very sarcastic sometimes and it is lost every once in a while.

You shouldn't use Lasix to pass a drug test much less take a huge amount like 600 mg because it doesn't remove THC metabolites from you body faster, it isn't a good way to dilute, it may be detected depending on what they are testing for, and it can have side effects ranging from muscle cramps and weakness all the way to cardiac problems which may lead to death.

Thanks for your time and patience!
    3 people like this.
  20. wiggle

wiggle New Member

pass

well as it seem I took 80mg of lasix before a drug test pissed 4 or 5 times and obviously passed it i didn't have a kidney failure or ended up in a hospital i simply passed the test without any medical difficulty.

nurse P. preggo is not a word. if you would like to check in any dictionary so just dont throw big word around to convice people

preggo - Definition from Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary

so just dont talk out your a*s

[Mod note: That last comment was not needed and is seen as trolling which is against the posting guidelines. Infraction given.