Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Discussion in 'Music' started by slee_15, Jun 4, 2002.

1. slee_15

slee_15 Guest

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (the beatles) is the most trippyest song to listen to when ur stoned! just sit down close your eyes and imagine every they say WHOH!

2. ChilleY420

ChilleY420 New Member

they named a fossil after that song :D

3. DoritosMan

DoritosMan Seasoned Activist

Beatles only got good after they started taking physcaledilc drngs, most of their tunes before Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band are teen pop tunes.

And Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is indeed a cool song.

dm

4. dmbtex

dmbtex Banned

yah, the drums are especially tripped out

5. ikari

ikari Seasoned Activist

It's trippy even when you're sober!
    (continues to listen to song)

:)

6. LouReedNYC

LouReedNYC New Member

the black crowes did a cover of lucy in the sky with diamonds for the i am sam soundtrack. It's really good, everyone should listen to it

7. MisterT

MisterT Guest

funny story

One morning after a night of doing some unmentionable drug and smoking a bunch of weed I went and sat down with my mom in the living room. I was all strung out and hadn't even slept yet, and Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds came on the radio and my mom turned to me and was like "The lyrics to this song make a lot of sense huh?" I was just like "uhhhh, yeah, i gotta go."

8. rum

rum Guest

are you familiar with Terrence Mckenna and his theory of mushrooms (please do not lock just explaining for my joke) catalyzing the human mind (ie, early humans down shrooms, trip out--look at Inca, Aztec (even egyptian), they were clearly trippers, even check out Food of the Gods (Mckenna's book)--anyways, the theory does look like it holds up (most ancient cultures seemingly DID injest all kinds of drugs, and shrooms are some of the most popular/apparent)...

which, if you take it as somewhat true, it is funny that one of the earliest humans found was coincidently found while Lucy In the Sky with Diamonds was playing on the air....

9. Bailey1138

Bailey1138 Senior Member

please remember, this is a marijuana forum, no mentioning of other drugs, please and thank you;)