made a little pipe out of a winebottle cork

Discussion in 'Homemade Paraphernalia' started by fh12345, Dec 3, 2007.

1. fh12345

fh12345 New Member

i recently just made a pipe out of a winebottle cork. i just carved out a bowl at the top and used a screw to make a thin tunnel going down the middle of the cork. at the bottom i hav a pen stuck into the side of it meeting with the tunnel. i haven't smoked out of it yet mostly because im afraid the cork isnt a safe material to smoke out of. it seems to be some type of wood but its kind of like a spongy wood.

2. awitz

awitz New Member

That sounds like the cork might burn, and you would inhale that horrible wood stuff.

3. Knobley

Knobley New Member

That does sound a little cool, carving a tiny pipe bowl out of a cork, but it probably would burn a fair bit and taste kinda gross. Couldn't be nearly as nice on your lungs as glass. But if you're only going to use it for an emergency sesh, then its not a bad idea. I've smoked out of some pretty strange shit too.

4. vern

vern Sr. Member

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. Why not just grab an apple and make a pipe?

5. steakii

steakii New Member

I smoked out of a thimble earlier today. I poked holes in it and put it on the side of a water bottle. It was sweet. When i stopped inhaling and took the flame away absolutely no smoke came off the top of the bowl. It worked great but probably not too safe.

That cork idea seems like it would work, but there are other much better devices you can make. Smoking from it would burn part of the cork and would end up tasting really bad. You could line it with aluminum foil, but that isnt very safe either.

6. markd653

markd653 New Member

yeah that sounds pretty good but obviously wouldnt be to go for ur lungs, ive also made some wierd things be4 but whatever works when u cant find a pipe...try and get some pics up

7. pkster8235

pkster8235 Lazy Dancer

Sounds interesting. I know the feeling of it being fun just to make a pipe though.. even if it can't really be used as a pipe :shrugs: I once made a pipe out of a square wax candle.
    The beauty of it was that the bowl and mouth piece were at the bottom of the candle, so it was easily disguised as a plain ordinary candle.. you could even light it. I thought it was cool :chokin: I'd never smoke out of it though. It's more for novelty than anything..

8. chadwick

chadwick Sr. Member

the cork will burn slightly, so use a small socket with a screen, it will probably be a nice smoke since cork is not completely air tight, maybe not crazy rips but smooth ones, and the end of the cork with the wine on it may taste interesting

9. wishmaster

wishmaster New Member

clever idea really, but i wouldnt bc of the wood uf burn

10. wishmaster

wishmaster New Member

maybe put some sort of foil in the bowl? :s