Mailing Marijuana: UPS vs. FedEx vs. USPS

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by faded, Feb 24, 2001.

?

Which service is best?

1. FedEx

24.4%
  2. UPS

23.5%
  3. USPS (United States Postal Service)

27.2%
  4. ground mail (mailbox)

10.5%
  5. other

20.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TomServo

TomServo Guest

I think the late Jim Morrison was right. I dont think you could get in trouble for this because someone would have to open the package illegally in order for them to find the weed. Could someone who knows about this stuff explain?

Also, you dont have to worry about fingerprints unless youve gotten in trouble with the law before.

2. Niteshift

Niteshift L.E.O. in Good Standing

"because someone would have to open the package illegally in order for them to find the weed"

Not true Tom. A search warrant can be obtained for mail just as easily as for your home or business. All I have to do is run a dog past it and if he alerts, write up the warrant. It's really that simple.

"you dont have to worry about fingerprints unless youve gotten in trouble with the law before."

Not entirely true. If you've tried to enlist in the military, applied for or held a job that required certain types of licenses, applied for a security clearence, taken things like the bar exam or CPA exam in many states, applied for a concealed weapons permit or any number of reasons.......you're prints are on file. All those prints I just mention end up going to the FBI.

Now, with AFIS (an automatic print ID system), not only will your print be compared with the databases, if it comes up unknown, the print can be stored in memory and if you ever do get fingerprinted, it will compare the new print to the previously unknown print and kick it out with a flag on it.

3. shelikesitalot

shelikesitalot New Member

How do you find weed in a new town?

I hear you that there are weed sellers in every town but how do you hook up with them? I sure don't know how - I am new to my town (one year) and have had, get this several ounces mailed to me here over several occassions. Reading this makes me think I am an idiot, but I did it because of a long post on here I saw last year about how they really can't get you. They can't get the seller since she fakes the return address, and they can't get me because of that privacy stuff. Convinced me, now I have to revisit it. Still have not met a seller here. Only have one friend here who smokes and she can't find any now either since her guy moved to Europe.

How do you hook up with these people? I can see how it's easy if you are in college or happen to know people, but, you know, it's illegal and I am not sure how to go about a search..........

4. Slightly Stoopid

Slightly Stoopid Senior Member

How far away do you intend on sending it?

I would not do that mailing stuff, but instead take a roadtrip, if it isn't too far. If it is a large quanity, worth throwing away the gas money, than go for it.

If someone said i had to drive half way across the country for a cheap pound, cheap enough to still make good money after gas, i would do it. Plus roadtrips are fun, by yourself or with some freinds!

5. shelikesitalot

shelikesitalot New Member

aaaahhhhhhhh we're talking 3000 miles away here, no road trip possible

6. TomServo

TomServo Guest

"A search warrant can be obtained for mail just as easily as for your home or business. All I have to do is run a dog past it and if he alerts, write up the warrant. It's really that simple."

Im sure there are companies that dont use dogs. And remember to not use a return adress and to use fake names and the such. Does anyone know if any of the mailing companies dont use dogs? Someone mentioned FedEX earlier.

"If you've tried to enlist in the military, applied for or held a job that required certain types of licenses, applied for a security clearence, taken things like the bar exam or CPA exam in many states, applied for a concealed weapons permit or any number of reasons.......you're prints are on file. All those prints I just mention end up going to the FBI.

Now, with AFIS (an automatic print ID system), not only will your print be compared with the databases, if it comes up unknown, the print can be stored in memory and if you ever do get fingerprinted, it will compare the new print to the previously unknown print and kick it out with a flag on it.
    "

Well that ones simple. Dont get your fingerprints on anything.

So If someone used the wax paper and birthday card method mentioned on page one, and sent it using a company that doesnt use dogs, would there be anything to worry about?

I know there are still problems with this, but Im sure if we all work together we can find a way :D

7. Niteshift

Waxed paper is non-porus, so it retains prints well. Paper, including cards, can retain prints that are easily recovered using ninhydrin.

8. Suabakey

Suabakey New Member

What if you just put on some gloves while packing it all up? No fingerprints, right? And then find a company that doesn't use dogs, and wrap it up all neat and tight, and make sure there's no return address.

9. Niteshift

Yep, that's it.

Then hope nothing happens like the truck wrecks or the box gets torn open for some other reason. Or gets delivered to the wrong house by mistake. Or..........you get the idea.

Yeah, you probably could get away with it, but is it worth the additional risks?

10. TheDude0306

TheDude0306 New Member

Finger Prints are NOT a PROBLEM

Makesure to wear latex gloves when handling and working with the entire package.

11. TomServo

TomServo Guest

Then hope nothing happens like the truck wrecks or the box gets torn open for some other reason. Or gets delivered to the wrong house by mistake. Or..........you get the idea.

Well, if you put no return adress on its then it cant be traced back to you, right? If it cant be traced back to you then the worst thing that happens is you lose some weed.

And what I meant with the fingerprints is to wear gloves.

12. Slightly Stoopid

Sorry M8, good thing i suggested it, and asked how far away you were going to send it. But I'm happy i can help out in any way!

13. Dangers of Mailing

I would agree with Niteshift that the risks aren't worth it…If the package crosses state borders, you make it a Federal Case (pun intended). That means federal agents and lots of hassles…anyway, even running afoul of local law-enforcement would be bad enough…

14. Slightly Stoopid

Somethings just ain't worth ruining your life over! And that includes marijuana. The chances of you getting caught are there, and from what others are saying it is a steap price to pay. I am assuming you already made your decision.

15. faded

faded Guest

When I posted this topic, I hoped for an answer to safely send weed in the mail. Lot's of great suggestions, but I can honestly say that I am a little weary about trying to get it sent to me. It would be getting sent from Ohio to Puerto and that's a long way. I'm sure it would pass through all kinds of potentially damaging situations. But I still want the GREEN, man!

16. dialcg

dialcg New Member

I have friends that do it..

Well, personally, I think sending any drugs in the mail is a BAD idea, however... I have some friends that send ~ 1oz on a regular basis, and all they do is wrap it up good. They've never been caught.... However, I think that so far they have just been lucky. The post office has SO many packages going through that they can't possibly have time to inspect them all (or even a good percentage of them). If you absolutely HAVE to send weed in the mail, be very careful, and I would recommend having it sent it to an empty house that is for sale in your area, and then checking that mailbox later to pick it up. Do not leave a return address, and as nightshift said (OK, I am taking his advice totally out of context), be careful about not leaving fingerprints.

-Chris

17. Well heres what makes me think recieving weed is possible. A friend in another state mailed me alot of pills in an envelope and the envelope was so full of pills that it was bulging out. Alot of people here have talked about mailing ounces and such. What if you just mail someone in another state(not to another country) some pot in an envelope like a few joints. Do the post office even bothering having the dogs going over letters? They sure didn't notice the pills.

18. GotGods

GotGods Guest

i would double vacume seal it then wash it then put it in another bag full of powdered bleach like AJAX vacume seal that then wash again then mail

19. Slightly Stoopid

Wow

Gotgods, that is actually a good idea!! I could see that working, but the trick is to make sure that not even the envelope dosn't have any pot on it. Cause i hear those dogs can spot it extremely good, plus i beleive they have machines that can do that aswell, or maybe that is for explosives and such.

20. born042079

born042079 Guest

Postal system paranoia

This is my method of sending/receiving packages via mail and I've yet to get busted (knock on wood), so I highly recommend it.

Step 1, put it in a bag:
    Put on latex gloves. Put 1 oz in a ziplock sandwich bag and seal it. Now take the bag and place it on top of a new unfolded newspaper in a room that you do NOT currently and never have smoked in. Go wash your hands, or ideally take a shower and put on clean clothes. Do everything from this moment on, in this *clean* room on the newspaper and do not smoke up until the package is sent.

Step 2, rebag it twice:
    Put on a NEW set of latex gloves (they're cheap). Using a clean paper towel to pick up the oz of bud (like the guy at Dunkin Donuts handles a pastry), place it in a second sandwich bag and apply a small amount of KY lubricating gel to the zipper before closing. The KY will make it air tight. Lay down another layer of newsprint, and keep laying new layers after each step. Also, use a new clean paper towel to handle the package after each step. Using a new paper towel again to hold it, put it in a third sandwich bag and seal with KY.

Step 3, bag it with coffee:
    Fill a larger ziplock freezer bag with 1/2 cup of coffee grinds (real, not instant). Still using a paper towel, put the triple bagged bud in the freezer bag and seal with KY.

Step 4, bag it with charcoal:
    Ground charcoal used to filter smells can be found in the garden section of your local Home Depot. Use it like the coffee and bag it a 5th time. Note that each time you bag, try to keep air to a minimum for space reasons. You can use "Oder-Eaters" foot powder, or powdered bleach as a substitue for either the coffee or charcoal, but not both.

Step 5, go shoe shopping:
    Go to K-Mart and buy the cheapest set of athletic shoes you can find, mens size 10+. They usually have some really lame ones with velcro for 9.99. Never open the box of shoes until you get home and put gloves on. Bring the shoes home and put one wrapped ounce in each one. Put the shoes back in the shoe box and scotch tape shut. Also, use rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs on the outside of the shoe box to remove prints.

Step 6, go to the post office:
    Tell them you will be sending a box of shoes to your mother, and you need a postal box to put the shoe box in. They'll give you one about the right size. (Note if you want to send 2+ boxes of 'shoes', ask for a bigger box) You will get the box in a flattened state, keep it that way and only touch the outside until you can get home and put gloves on.

Step 7, go home and get ready:
    Put on gloves. Unfold and assemble the larger box from the post office. Put the shoe box(es) into the larger box and pad the empty space with bunched up dryer sheets (I like soft rain scent ). Wipe down the outside of the big box with rubbing alcohol. Tape shut AFTER you wipe it down so no prints can be under the tape. Take off the gloves, you're cool if you get prints on the outside of the box. A million and two people will touch the outside before it gets there. Address it to Mr./Ms. and use their last name but spell it slightly wrong. Use a return address of someone you do not like, but preferably lives in a different town. Go and mail it... regular ground.

Step 8, this is up to the receiver:
    Do not open the package the first day you get it. Wait until day 2. Then open it and smoke up!

This solves:
    finger print issues
    scent issues
    x-ray issues (they'll see a new box of shoes with something wadded up inside that looks like tissue paper)
    return address issues
    and the possibility of the cops busting the receiver after it is delivered, he can say he did not know what it is and has yet to open it.

This should work with pot or any other drug. Now of course, sending bud or any other illegal substances via the mail is not smart. However, if you feel you must, do yourself a favor and use this method.

Oh and some last notes, ideally send during the winter, when you can wear gloves at all times when out of the house without looking suspicious. Secondly, do not send rythmically, that is do not send from the same place, to the same place on a regular basis. Thirdly, do not send huge packages, max out at a half pound (4 shoeboxes) Finally, try not to send internationally to avoid customs.

Peace,

Born420