Make a vaporizing pipe out of a cheap pipe (for $0) (w/ pics)

Discussion in 'Homemade Paraphernalia' started by Kamons, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Kamons

Kamons New Member

Very easy to do and worth it. If you don't like it, you can just undo it!
    Impress your friends! Your relatives! It's a cheap vaporizer that isn't a light bulb! It's actually nice and easy to use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The vaporizing chamber also makes a good place to stash a bowl for on the go. Nothing at all can fall out of the chamber until you take off the top piece, unlike those lids with the holes in them.

Remember, vaporizing requires a delicate balance of temperature. Find the right distance for the flame to be held, and the right speed to inhale at.

Usually I inhale fairly strongly or very fast, while holding the lighter a little above so that only about 30-40% of the lighter flame gets sucked into the pipe. Try it out, and let me know what you think!

-Kamons

4 people like this.
  2. rich420

rich420 New Member

This guide is only useful for the people that have this pipe. Where did you buy this pipe? Cause im willing to buy this same exact one so I can make a vaporizer out of it also, definately saves a lot of cash than dropping one on the vapor genie (which I wouldn't even buy anyways, if im going to buy a vape i'll invest into a good one).

Thanks for the guide still, if I do find a pipe like this (hopefully i do) im definitely going to do this with it.

3. Kushy

Kushy down

This is a very awesome guide Kamons. The only problem is that most people (like myself) own glass, and so for the majority of us, this will not work (I don't even know anyone who has a metal pipe). Irregardless, it's an awesome way to save $50 from a VaporGenie. Nice guide!

4. homemadebubbler

homemadebubbler Always bubblin'

Whered you get the pipe? Thats awesome man!

5. yeahyeaht420

yeahyeaht420 New Member

vaping sucks hahaha get a bong... you had a pipe but now its a vap for some reason lalalalallalala wtf? im so stoned soorry im just gonna leave this comment and go....

6. Kamons

Kamons New Member

This metal pipe is a generic style I've seen at many headshops I've visited across Canada. They come in all kinds of different styles and colours.. as long as you can take apart the pipe and re-arrange it, you're gold. Check out some headshops around where you live, they'll very likely have something like this in the corner or something.

Just to add...this thing is very portable and I would say that portability is it's strongest feature. People looking for instant vaping, or vaping on the go are the ideal users for this sort of pipe.

I think my next project will be to make a vaping bowl for my bong, as lately that's all I smoke out of.

2 people like this.
  7. Kushy

Kushy down

I'd like to definitely see that if you ever get around to it.

8. rich420

rich420 New Member

Wrong. Vaping does not suck, and that is a fact.

2 people like this.
  9. Nico420

Nico420 New Member

Like rich said, your wrong. Vaping is a more efficent way to use marijuana, not to mention healthier. I must say that I prefer a bong as well but no need to be rude about it.

To the OP, nice guide. My friend has a pipe like that and I'll show him this thread and see if he wants to try your method out :D

10. Kamons

Kamons New Member

'yes' to all of this

11. Sambuca

Sambuca New Member

Great guide, i just need to buy that pipe now haha.
    -Sambuca :spin:

12. Kamons

Kamons New Member

This guide is only useful to people who have a similar pipe, but these metal pipes that come in segments are available at pretty much every head shop i've ever visited in my life.

13. Kushy

Kushy down

Kamons where did you get the screens? I looked around ace hardware but couldn't find a small screen like that

14. Kamons

Kamons New Member

well, some headshops i've visited have a wide range of screen sizes, which i like because i generally use smaller screens for everything. however for this project, you may achieve the best results by cutting your own screen down to size out of a larger piece of screen.

also, for the screens, i would recommend ones that are not toooo thin and fine; that is, screens that let more air through are better, in my opinion, and are less likely to get as gunked up.

15. Kamons

Kamons New Member

thanks for the brilliant advice, but the pipe seriously works as a vaporizer, and as a pipe. and yes, it also does both at the same time. and very well. comparable to a whip vaporiser that would cost 100+.
    if you want to know the "science" behind the smoking and vaping at the same time, i will break it down like this:
    when heat is filtered through the pipe via a butane lighter, it vaporizes the plant matter, giving you a vapor hit. however, if instead of filtering the lighter's butane flame to create the heat needed for the vapor, you just pack a bowl on top and light that bowl with the lighter, then the heat and smoke created by the burning bowl vaporizes the plant matter underneath as it all passes into your lungs... it's unreal, but its not for all the time, ya know?
    i custom designed this thing to work well for me, but I didn't plan for this "extra" dual feature. which is why i made a guide for it, because it is really not very complicated to do, and it gives great results if done well. you can pack two bowls (in the two compartments) in that thing and take it with you and you can make those two bowls last forever, through vaping and smoking (keep in mind the bowl that filters the smoke from above becomes resinous also)

That being said! thanks for the advice, though i hardly use this pipe anymore, i made that guide a year ago. i have a vapor buddy whip style vape which was given to me by a good friend, and various bongs and homemade pieces.
    I am also buying an Iolite the next chance i have, because I think it is an ideal vaping product.
    I'm also planning to make some more picture guides for easy DIY projects when i can.

16. BillH23

BillH23 New Member

The VG is actually made really nice and works like a charm. I do want a buddha tho.lol

17. BillH23

BillH23 New Member

Anyone know a cheap us site that sells those kinda metal pipes and pieces I am trying to make a pocket vape but a tad smaller then this and on the cheap.

18. Kushy

Kushy down

Metal and plastic Pipes

2 people like this.
  19. BillH23

BillH23 New Member

Thanks man was hoping to find a site in the us with that kinda selection.

20. Nick360

Nick360 New Member

ya alot of people were i live own these pipes im from canada. They even sell in gas stations