Marijuana: A Hallucinogen?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Bongwater19, Dec 7, 2001.

?

Have you ever hallucinated from smoking marijuana?

1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    54.4%
  2. NO

41 vote(s)
    45.6%
  1. Bongwater19

Bongwater19 New Member

sometimes when i smoke a lot i'll experience visual hallucinations such as runner's colors or thinking that things are moving. marijauna is in the family of hallucinogenic drugs, so it seems reasonable that it would make you hallucinate, especially at high doses. does weed make you hallucinate? what have you seen?
  2. schwadood

schwadood Keeper of the Time

I get some mild trails. Nothing real special. Its great the day after a different substance I'd better not mention. Mad trails.
  3. Panama

Panama Seasoned Activist

Thread Moved:

To the Chemical and Physiological forum.
  4. TokeyMcBongHit

TokeyMcBongHit New Member

Quake 3 kicks ASS. ID software should get some sort of a prize. Hehe, yeah sometimes I see things on weed, nothing profound. Dots, patterns. Once I saw something amazingly complex that I'm too lazy to explain, but it was cool.
  5. SilentPete

SilentPete Guest

After one hit of some kb. I was hit by the high so hard that I had to sit down. Then I started expiriencing closed eye hullucinations for about 2 hours. It was weird as hell. I have a feeling that their was something "funny" about the weed, but out of the four people smoking I was the only one who felt any adverse effects...
  6. Bailey1138

Bailey1138 Senior Member

nah, bro, you just got some good herb. Like bongwater said, it is a hallucinogen, although a very weak one.
  7. FootlongFatty

FootlongFatty Senior Member

Ya, the first time i got high, i would just sit there for who knows how long, closing me eyes. There was an orange circle with a bunch of different things coming off of it, with intricate detail, and it was spinning, and moving around and words were coming out of it, like the actually letters. A very cool feeling.
  8. LordIcer

LordIcer New Member

I used to see stuff sometimes. The most profound thing I have ever seen is I was once convinced a bottle that had been knocked over was spilling out all over the floor. To my surprise, the cap was on, and I was asked if I was feeling ok :)
  9. techno_trancer

techno_trancer New Member

man it was sure a hallcingenic for me last night! i was trippin hardcore after smoking some keef and drinking some liquer, i had a horrible trip last night
  10. TheEnemy

TheEnemy New Member

weed totally makes me hallucinate sometimes. one time when i was in hawaii on the beach the water in the ocean looked like mercury and i saw the cheschire cat in the sky. good times.

T.E.
  11. Ross

Ross Seasoned Activist

I get closed eye hallucinations a lot. Never experienced an open eye one though.
  12. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

Cannabis is a hallucinogen. The hallucinogenic property has been know since the stone age and some anthroologists have forwarded the theory that it is these mind expanding hallucinations played a role in the formation of the earliest religions. References to cannibis is still found to this day in bible (ie Exodus 30:23) though in may versions the term kaneh-bosm has been replaced with the name of a common water marsh plant of no value (calamus).
  13. Suabakey

Suabakey New Member

Like Ross said, I've only experienced closed-eyed hallucinations, and rarely even at that. I can't even remember the last time I hallucinated, but I know I did the first time I got high.
  14. mexican dirt weed

mexican dirt weed New Member

silent pete i know exactly what youre talking about i have been smokin for 3 years and just last night i smoked a bowl of turbo kind bud and i closed my eyes and i was halucinating like realy weird stuff
  15. FootlongFatty

OK, it's been 2 years since i started smokin. And for the last oh,,,,2 month, i've been having constant hallucinations While im SOBER. ALright, its nothing major, but about 20 times per day, i get like a little dot of PURE light( about the size of a finger nail) in my vision that just flashes for a second and lingers for another second, then leaves. As well as a lot of objects have halo's around them, and it feels like i have some sort of web layed out over my eyes, it kinda moves and stuff, REALly hard to explain, but i see like moving "wave" patters all over the place and it seems like my eyes "miss" certain things when they look at it, and kind of make it up for me to see, false perception or something like that. Objects move and fluctuate sometimes too.
    So if you made it this far into the poste..what do you think? Is this fuct up?
  16. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

No, sounds like you have floaters and a change in the ocular pressure (change in the interior pressure of the eye)

Lay off the smoke for awhile and the pressure should normalize.

You can diminish the "floaters" by increasing tear production by drinking more water.

If the effect does not diminish and you are concerned ... see a doctor.

Cannabis will effect the pressure inside the eyeball (which is why it is a treatment for glaucoma)

As for hallucinations...yes cannabis can cause visual and auditory "hallucinations" but since the term hallucination itself is so broad it's difficult to tell if any particular hallucination described is benign or a sign of a more serious disorder.
  17. FootlongFatty

Cool, tnx for the advice Mam.:)
  18. Freestyler420

Freestyler420 New Member

Wow that sux man. hope mamma's advice helps. ANyway to get back on topic, yeah weed offen gives me CEVs. However i think it just gives you kind of an image-color creating ability that connects to your subconcious. (yeah, im gettin to into this). Anyway open eye visuals are kinda rare and often occur because of paranoia, like you'll see something fear happening (like your mom coming in, usually not very detailed or long (like it will apear for a second). Anyway once i had smoked a bunch of dank and was amazingly able to walk. So me and this chick decide to walk around for a while out in the woods. I was looking at the ground and it looked like it was slithering like a snake, same with the bushes around me. its hard to explain, they werent actually moving it was like waves in the patterns, i am to lazy to go into it, i get that a lot but this time it was like everwhere and for a long time. I also blinked and saw a silver tiger-blob looking thing that just ran across the path. It was cool, it didn't freak me out since it was so unreal looking,
    Good times:D
  19. I always hallucinate on weed. Usually closed eye visuals but i've seen them open too]
  20. justchillin2

justchillin2 Guest

see this is a complicated issue because there are so many different things that people call halloucinations but arent really. im not sure if i or a lot of people understand the real definition of a halloucination. in any case, when you say closed eye visual, do you mean big blotches of color flashing across the back of your eyelids, do you mean seeing a fractal pattern there? for me what i consider a halloucination is when im really really stoned and im lying with eyes closed, ill have a thought about something, and at first it will just be a visualization(just like you can visualize what your grandparents look like, and usually what their voices sound like, but you dont actually hear or see them, you have a mental picture of them.) but eventually the visualization becomes something i can really see. so when i halloucinate its as though those mental images that are definately not see, are transferred to the back of my eyelids and i can see them, but usually these images are just fleeting ones, never ones that stay much. well in any case does anyone have a good definition with all the criteria of halloucinations, both closed and open eyed? please inform us all.

peace.