marijuana after wisdom tooth removal

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by chronicbooks, Jul 31, 2009.

1. chronicbooks

chronicbooks New Member

Hey guys. So here's my story. In the past, I've been a cheap weed smoker, only doing it when my friends did it also since I couldn't really afford to buy it on my own. well, I finally got a day job, and I bought myself some nice weed yesterday. But me like an idiot, completely forgot I was getting my upper and lower right wisdom teeth removed today (had the other ones removed six years ago). I had anesthesia, and they gave me codeine and clindamycin afterwards. The doctors told me not to smoke for a few days but the intrsuctions they gave me said not for 7-10 days. The codeine and clindamycin I'm supposed to take three times a day for 7 days. Plus, I need to be extra safe since I have had allergy problems and am also taking a nasal spray and claritin every day as well. So this really sucks since I just bought it. At one point do you think it's safe to start toking again. And if I decide to be a wussy and wait, since I'm new to buying for my own recreational purposes this will be a really dumb question as I'm still a bit naive on this matter, but will my newly bought weed still be potent if I wait 2- 2/12 weeks? I hear sometimes it can be more potent after time, and currently it's in a cleverly disguised advil bottle (my dealer friend's creative) inside a ziplock bag. But I dont want to smoke it if it'll get moldy. I want to enjoy my what hard-earned work money can buy so any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
  2. puffpuffpassdatshit

puffpuffpassdatshit New Member

id still smoke it after 2 weeks, actually, Id probably smoke it instead of drugs they gave me but defenately don't smoke and pop those.
  3. chronicbooks

chronicbooks New Member

i was debating smoking weed instead of taking their antibiotics for my pain, but they seemed to know what they were doing so I took their meds, haha.
  4. BudSmoker92

BudSmoker92 Sr. Member

You need to wait. I believe the pressure difference in your mouth caused by smoking will lead to a dry socket which is something you really dont want. Just keep your pot in a safe place and wait it out. You'll be glad you did. It shouldnt become moldy unless the weed is damp.
  5. 5drive

5drive Slacker

The general rule for a 'smoke break' after tooth extraction is 48 hrs.
  6. Ryan 4891

Ryan 4891 New Member

i had mine taken out and just to be safe i waited 8 days before i smoked again
  7. Montanita

Montanita New Member

Ryan and Budsmoker get the gold stars for the day ~

Any form of "sucking" (now stop laffing class) -- smoking, sucking on a straw wll create a vacumn in your mouth and can suck out the scab that is necessary for your wisdom tooth wound to heal properly without added pain or uneccessry returns to the dentist for repeated minor surgery to reseal the hole.

2 days (48 hours is the bare minimum. 5 days is good as mouth wounds heal fast -- a Week and a Day is standard for most surgical procedures.

I know it sucks -- whatever :rolleyes: -- BLOWS...so prepare by making cannabutter and eat toast or drop a helf teaspoon of butter in any warm drink (sweet tea is a favorite of mine) and SIP your stone :)

PS -- take the antibiotics...not all antibiotics are the same and the antibiotic capabilities of weed are not the type that can protect against the bacteria the you need to fight after an oral surgical procedure.
    2 people like this.
  8. Lpwn_Ranger

Lpwn_Ranger Sr. Member

This is true, and the delivery was hilarious!
  9. sanfranciscosadhu

sanfranciscosadhu New Member

The antibiotics are to prevent serious infection. NOT for the pain. You need those, weed is not a substitute. Weed dries your mouth out (cotton mouth), making it easier to get infected and harder yo heal. I'd wait at least a week if I were you, Good luck!
    3 people like this.
  10. chronicbooks

chronicbooks New Member

thanks for the advice guys, being that I had them removed this past thursday and based on your advice, im gonna wait till next saturday or sunday to toke up!
    2 people like this.
  11. Nico420

Nico420 New Member

It sounds to me like your kind of new to marijuana and may not know how to make cannabutter. If you do, I would suggest doing what Montanita said and ingest your bud. If you don't, its not really that complicated. Melt butter/oil and weed together and simmer on LOW temperature. You can use cannabutter in place of butter on virtually any baking recipe.
  12. kjp420

kjp420 New Member

dood just eat it or smoke thru ur nose lol hahahah
  13. chronicbooks

chronicbooks New Member

I'm new to using marijuana on my own. Being that I used to not be able to afford to do so. Cannabutter sounds interesting. Any other good suggestions? haha.
  14. McDowell79

McDowell79 New Member

i would of smoked right after and snorted some of that codine mmmmmm....
  15. jmhereiam

jmhereiam New Member

I'm late, but I would wait the full time to be safe. You definitely don't want to get dry sockets... and the weed will last fine. I had some very nice bud that I guess I forgot about that I had found a year later in a pill bottle, had about a bowls worth left and was very very good still :D.
  16. GsterisM

GsterisM New Member

Alright my guy. I just got my wisdom teeth taken out about 2 and half weeks ago. I waited about 3 days b4 I smoked. I smoke blunts so what I did the first time was put the gauze wrap in my mouth on the sides of my tongue so not to touch the wholes but prevent smoke from going to the sides of my mouth. It kind of hurted not because of the smoke but because of the gauze. I did this for about 2 more days until I realized the only thing bothering me was having gauze in my mouth. My holes are still open as I type and I smoke freely without any problems. The only thing I hate is getting food in the holes and having to squirt it out.
  17. Bomberking666

Bomberking666 New Member

and if I were to smoke through my nose?
  18. MagickalMelMel

MagickalMelMel New Member

Don't worry so much.
    I've had all my wisdom teeth pulled and smoked as soon as I got out. The main worry of dry socket (caused by suction) is always a risk but is greatly reduced by stuffing cotten or tissue over where the tooth was pulled so that any suction/ smoke doesn't touch the area. Another way to avoid - roll a blunt or a joint and have a friend blow you shotguns.
    If you do decide to wait, your stuff'll be perfectly fine after a couple weeks. Weed never really 'goes bad', especially if it's sealed up - the worst that happens is it dries out more and gets a bit crumbly and crispy: still smokeable.
    If you're worried, I'd wait, but I never got dry socket in all the times I got teeth pulled and smoked. Just be careful.
  19. Herbivore

Herbivore New Member

wow
    :sigh: