Marijuana and Headaches

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by killian, Jan 9, 2008.

1. killian

killian New Member

So I hear weed is suppose to dull or cure headaches, but all it does is enhance it with me. This applies to all pains I have, marijuana seems to enhance my sense of touch and pain. It may be just me, but I don't think it is. So can someone explain how marijuana can be used medicinally? Am I missing out on an aspect of this drug?
  2. carlover_36

carlover_36 New Member

Just mt opinion

All things effect us all differently. Not knowing you, I cann't know what your looking for. Perhaps, before looking at Marijuana as the cure, you ought to find the reason for the headache. i have had a headache since 1979. But, I rolled a van 6 and a 1/2 times. Aint nothing short of major surgerie gonna stop it, and I aint gonna let em do it. Other problems I have Marijuana takes care of fine
  3. window2

window2 New Member

Sometimes, the cure for a headache is an aspirin, tylenol, excedrin, joint or a pain shot in the hip. Depends on if it is just a headache or if it is a migraine. There is a difference. You need to find out what kind, and why you're having them. There is a reason. I have had many problems, and have had to deal with a lot of pain in my life and time. I do believe in marijuana, and always will.
    2 people like this.
  4. Ambercope07

Ambercope07 New Member

Same

The same thing happens to me. I've smoked six times and I don't thing I've ever gotten high. I get headaches and my body kinda gets sore all over. Last my body kinda twitches or jerks.
  5. kuipo

kuipo New Member

What strain are you using? Is it a Sativa or an Indica? I've heard Indica is more adequate for pains, however, I've read also that ingested cannabis helps a lot more with pain, and also using small quantities.
  6. styles215

styles215 New Member

1 puff of indica from a vaporizer and migraine headache goes away
  7. SixShottaJ

SixShottaJ Sr. Member

Sounds like your smoking some booboo :\
  8. Gee

Gee The truth is in here

Do you keep your fluids up while you're high? I try to make sure I drink plenty of water while I smoke or else I tend to get headaches.

Also, unless you grow your own then you don't really know if there were any fertilizer's sprayed on the buds, so that could be a possibility.
  9. Larkins

Larkins New Member

Vaporizing some weed eliminates my migraines almost immediately.

I've never tried it for a "normal" headache so I can't really speak to that.

But I do know that if your weed has a bunch of seeds and stems in it (or possibly material from other plants to add weight) you could very well give yourself a headache rather than cure one.

Make sure you have good quality weed and that you are only using buds with no stems or seeds. And I would definitely recommend vaporizing rather than smoking.
  10. aliendiva1213

aliendiva1213 New Member

I've always had a bad problem w/ headaches. During the time that I was regularly smoking marijuana, my headaches were a lot less frequent & not nearly as bad. Since I have quit smoking it, I almost always have a bad headache. I'm constantly taking ibuprofen, excerdrin, goody powders & aleve. None of thoses relieve my headaches the way marijuana did. I really wish Georgia would legalize the use of medicinal marijuana!