Marijuana effect on eyesight?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by duckmn56, Jan 3, 2009.

1. duckmn56

duckmn56 New Member

I just went to the eye doctor.

My eyesight is bad...and has been continuing to get worse since I was in 2nd grade.

The last time I went to the optometrist I had smoked a small amount of mj in my life. My eyes only changed slightly enough to not be a noticeable change.

This time 2 years later I have smoked on and off daily. Like for 2008 I would say I have reached a average amount of smoking 5-7 days a week.

My eyes have not changed at all. First time ever.

This could be because of age also. It was still cool to know it finally stopped.

3 people like this.
  2. dirtbomb

dirtbomb Hippie

Could be that MJ was lowering your intra-ocular pressure.
    Pot is magical stuff. :)

2 people like this.
  3. Rev0lver

Rev0lver New Member

It may be... I used to have 20/20 vision, but I started smoking last year and had an eye test a couple months ago in which I messed up a lot on.

4. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Cranched Scanner

Eyes generally change alot more while you are growing, its why teens and kids are supposed to have eye exams more often. Once your grown you presciption probably won't change much year to year, as long as you don't have an eye diesease or something like that.

Maryjuana could have something to do with it,but it seems pretty unlikely.it does lower the pressure,but on a healthy eye that shouldn't really make much difference.

Weed can't cure everything, not even close.

5. duckmn56

duckmn56 New Member

lol, yeah i am not thinking that it could cure everthing.

I thought I remembered reading about a study done showing mj helped eyesight....apparently it was just the lowering of interocular pressure and would not affect a healthy eye....

Thanks, as you can see earlier i said. I am just happy their not getting worse any more........

6. Mushroom Man

Mushroom Man Feeling eternal..

I've always noticed I get 'High Definition Vision' when I smoke. Everything clears up, I can see detail and color better, etc.

I know your talking about long-term, and my eyes actually get worse each time I go to the eye doctor/

7. Kiefer Suthrlnd

Kiefer Suthrlnd New Member

My uncle always jokes that he won't need glasses because of all the pot he smoked in his life. Its great when he busts it out at family holidays

8. Freedom_User

Freedom_User ....Is really high

Awesome man! Marijuana has helped my eyes as well.

I'm an artist, and I am blind in one eye. I stopped smoking marijuana last year for a couple of months. And I noticed every time I would draw for a long period of time my eyes would just ache on every blink. The strain on my eye would give me this intense headache in just a half hour into drawing. I've been smoking just about daily for a month now, and I have had no headaches whatsoever! My eyes are.... Well, not all the way open. I can feel that my eyes are extremely relaxed.