Marijuana Flashbacks

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by SmokeyMcPott, Feb 16, 2005.

1. SmokeyMcPott

SmokeyMcPott **********

I read that poot (*pot) isn't supposed to give you flashbacks, but I hade on before and I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else...? :rolleyes:

Ha whoops, hadta edit the poot. sorre for any other typos but i'm a little baked right now.
  2. grillmeats

grillmeats No Longer Active

You Need Help!

You musst have laced it :cool: with something
  3. Dazed.Confused

Dazed.Confused New Member

What do you mean by flashbacks??? how long, how detailed, come to think of it, I don't know the exact meaning of flashback.

(after minutes of searching)

1:A literary or cinematic device in which an earlier event is inserted into the normal chronological order of a narrative.

2:The episode or scene depicted by means of this device.

3:An unexpected recurrence of the effects of a hallucinogenic drug long after its original use.

4:psychology. A recurring, intensely vivid mental image of a past traumatic experience: “Another study shows that women who served in Vietnam still struggle with depression, anxiety, and painful flashbacks from the war” (New York Times).

For me:

1: im not a movie, or book, so no.
    2:???wtf??? what device??
    3:Yes, but only because Marijuana is considered a hallucinogenic drug. (but I don't think that many ppl consider it a drug.)
    4: yeah, i have had vivid memories about many things.

Using these definitions of flashbacks, yeah i have had them. according to this, everyone has some kind of flashback everyday.
  4. Burninbrooke

Burninbrooke Sr. Member

I find I have deja vu more when I'm high, is this what you're talking about?
  5. Higher Logic

Higher Logic Web Developar

To the poster who implied being laced: you cannot lace cannabis with LSD; in fact, you cannot smoke LSD, heat destroys it. And there are no references anywhere to cannabis causing flashbacks, perhaps you are using the word out of context, it's no where near an LSD flashback or say a Veteran's flashback of a war-time experience. Please explain more...
  6. SmokeyMcPott

SmokeyMcPott **********

I'm pretty sur it wasn't laced with anything but it might have been... The flashback was like a sudden recurrence of the euphoria thing, and then time got all slowed down, then the next day I was fine. It wouldn't have been bad if it hadn't hit me when I was in class... It lasted for a majority of the day. Maybe I was just tired and a bit high at the same time...?
  7. Higher Logic

No it wasn't laced, I don't know why that was even brought up by the poster above me. I still don't know what you mean; it doesn't sound like a flashback. Do you mean you "felt" high even though you hadn't smoked? In that case, that happens to me sometimes. Say I smoked the day before, and went to bed and woke up the next day and haven't smoked yet; sometimes I feel like I'm high even though I didn't smoke anything. Probably has something to do with the fact that THC is stored in your body, or your mind recreates a situation/scenario. You're going to have to explain it more.
  8. SmokeyMcPott

SmokeyMcPott **********

Yes, that is what I'm talking about. I just all of a sudden felt high again. I dint attribut ir to the fact that THC is stored in the body though... Huh... Time to do some research!
  9. Higher Logic

Well in that case I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm sure most everyone on here can relate too. Sometimes when I haven't smoked, I all of a sudden feel high and it's usually triggered when I'm in a smaller, enclosed area, such as a classroom like you suggested, or an elevator, etc. I can't tell you why it happens, but it's nothing to worry about if that's what you are implying. Just remember, your mind is pretty powerful, it has no problem recreating a feeling, a moment in time, whatever it wants basically. I know there are some other threads on this same issue too, because I sort of knew what you were talking about but wasn't quite sure, but I do remember hearing other people ask this.

Also, I don't know if you have ever been jogging/running and all of a sudden felt high, it's the same thing.
  10. SmokeyMcPott

SmokeyMcPott **********

Thanks for all the help and suggestions you guys! :D
  11. sabianq

sabianq New Member

flash backs, what I think they are.

Acid flash backs can be triggered by weed, I get them frequently when I smoke, but they are not what we are taught they are by the DEA and DARE community. A flash back (for me) is when you lock your eyes at one thing (stair) and the surrounding area in your peripheral vision moves and swaggers, kind of like looking at life through a convection current. the second I move my eyes, the "flashback" ceases :silvermj:
  12. VolcomStoned

VolcomStoned New Member

that happens to me.. the thing where my vision swaggers, but i have never done acid. it's like i'll feel extremely high but only for about 3 seconds and then i'm fine. also when i first started smoking, i would get extremely high, and then the next day i would feel kindof out of it.. not high, but just unable to focus
  13. SonicDaChronic

SonicDaChronic New Member

ive had flashbacks before, not like vietnam war vetran style. just like i feel stoned again sometimes when i havent had a cone for a day or so. i just get this semi stoned feeling come over me.

thats all my flashbacks are.
  14. arawak

arawak New Member

Sure, I think everyone can relate. Sometimes I can even almost will myself to be a little bit high. I'm sure it has to do with THC being stored in the body.
    The only instance where this was NOT the case for me was when I had a really nasty panic attack once while on weed. For a while afterwards I would get this funny semi-high feeling every now and then. It's called derealization and is part of having an anxiety issue. Had I but ignored it at the time!