marijuana healing

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by bobm, Aug 9, 2004.

1. bobm

bobm New Member

i know very little about this subject if i smoke a few bowls and i have a scab or small wound will it heal quicker?
    i know my question isn't really very specific but please can you inform me on medicinal marijuana
  2. Cassius

Cassius Seasoned Activist

No, marijuana is not neosporin.

Marijuana does have several medicinal values, however. The most useful ones I can think of off the top of my head are pain reduction (people who have arthritis, multiple sclerosis, etc -- MJ is similar to opiates in this regard but nonaddictive which is a huge benefit for people who live in constant pain for years and years), nausea suppression (people who have leukemia, etc that are on chemotherapy), and appetite stimulation (AIDS patients can often waste away on their own). There's a plethora of other minor benefits, too, ranging from bronchodilation (helps your lungs oxidize more easily) to sleep disorder treatment. New studies have recently been released that show that marijuana has even been linked with reduced cancer risk!
  3. greypoe

greypoe Sr. Member

If you eat the seeds you may heal faster. The seeds contain the essential building blocks to every cell in your body. Do a search on Essential fatty acids.
  4. Cassius

Cassius Seasoned Activist

I suppose, but there are a lot more tasty ways to get essential fatty acids than eating seeds. Seeds certainly contain negligible amounts of THC so they won't get you high.
  5. WillyWonka

WillyWonka New Member

One of the few documented negative side effects of pot is that it can interfere with normal liver function in such a way as to weaken your immune system. Not in a lasting way, just while the stuff is in your system. Therefore, supposedly, you should stay off it while you're ill. However, I recently started coming down with a cold. My friend had just had a severe cold/flu, so I expected the worst. Being a wimp, I decided that I'd rather be stoned and sick for a little longer than sober with a hastier immune system. (I ate the pot--smoking would have been pretty stupid while having a cold.) To my great surprise, I kicked that virus' ass in a day. So who knows? Maybe I had already had that bug and my immune system was merely slow to kill something it already knew the secret combination to. Or maybe the negative effects of pot on the liver-related functions of the immune system are counterbalanced by beneficial effects to other parts of the immune system. I really can't say.

But it's not Neosporin (that was a great line, Cassius).
  6. Higher Logic

Higher Logic Web Developar

But seeds do contain very high amounts of essential fatty acids, and you can always get sterilized seeds with no THC whatsoever.

Usually when I'm coming down with something some magical tea really helps :)