Marijuana Honey???

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by Equilibrium, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Cranched Scanner

i don't know if honey bees are attracted to marijuana plants or not, but wouldn't it be awsome if they collected the resins on the female plants and made honey with it.

at very least it would be be a tasty product :munchies: and who knows perhaps just mabey the ability to get you high?:hail:
    mabey i should put a hive in with my grow next time:rofl2:we all know those would be some baked bees.lol.

2 people like this.
  2. chadwick

chadwick Sr. Member

i dont know much about bees but that might work if they are collecting the resin but bees usualy go for pollen that would b from tha male plant so it might not get you high but it would probably taste fuckn good:mj2:

3. Broliette

Broliette ~~~_\|/_~~~

Oh man, I've ALWAYS had the same idea. I think it would be so neat to have a a couple plants around some hives and let them pollinate for a few years and then develop a new strain. Call it Honey Bee Hash!!!!!

I had someone tell me once that a friend of theirs grew some bud in with tomato plants and it gave the bud....a different taste.

4. Lit_Match

Lit_Match New Member

Bees aren't out looking for pollen, they're out looking for nectar to bring back to the hive. Marijuana doesn't produce nectar in any usable amounts, they might investigate the odor of the plant but they wouldn't be able to produce any honey from it. Regardless, if marijuana did produce nectar it wouldn't contain any THC which is found in the resin glands, the honey would probably have nothing more than a distinct odor or taste.

5. Big Jew

Big Jew New Member

Have you heard of Honey Shots with Herb?

Pan fry a teaspoon of herb to a slight brown.
    Microwave a shot of honey to a heated state (15-20 secs.) don't burn yourself.
    mix the heated herb into the shot enjoy!

6. tekkenlaw

tekkenlaw Sr. Member

I'm no scientist, but I think if someone made a strain that had THC in the nectar, would the bee would get too fucked up to fly? Can bee's get high? I suppose they don't have cannaboid receptors.

7. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Cranched Scanner

hmmm i don't know i imagine some tricombs would latch on to the bees legs in late flowering, they are really sticky:shrug::p
    perhaps put a flower garden in your grow, although i don't know how well it would work having a behive inside:p