marijuana lotion....huh???

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Stigma420247, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Stigma420247

Stigma420247 Sr. Member

hey folks...i have a co-worker that is a medical pot smoker and he says that at the local "co-op" that he goes to they have this marijuana lotion that cures aches and pains...well i called bullshit and he kinda did too because neither one of us had ever heard of such a thing...well last weekend he got a free sample of the stuff and now he is trying to convince me this shit works...he said they use leaf material and grind it up really fine and mix it with some kind of oil and it some how magically cures aches and pains

im wonderin if anyone else out there has heard of this?? i personally still think its bullshit and they are pullin a fast one on him...but he is swearin up and dow to it.. any replies are appreciated :)
  2. Everlong2019

Everlong2019 Sr. Member

Well you have to ask if it is possible to absorb THC topically, and if they infuse it into this lotion and he rubs it into the skin, he will get high, and the high will cure his aches and pains. I wouldn't immediately call bullshit, I would just look into it a little more.
  3. Stigma420247

Stigma420247 Sr. Member

so u are saying that i can take hash and rub it on my body and it will get me high????

and i am looking into it more...im askin u guys lol :blazed:
  4. dirtbomb

dirtbomb Hippie

It's not bullshit.
    If he's referring to the Merry Hempsters products, yes, the stuff works very well.
    It doesn't have any THC in it, though. Hemp oil mixed with several different herbs working as active ingredients.
    Think of a hempy version of Tiger Balm that doesn't stink to high heaven and you're on the right track.
    2 people like this.
  5. Stigma420247

Stigma420247 Sr. Member

well i just looked up some ingredients for a balm on some hemp oil website ..i just find it hard to believe there is some wonder lotion out there that nobody knows about...
  6. dirtbomb

dirtbomb Hippie

Hemp oil is more suited to using topically, because it seems to absorb into skin more easily. (It's very close to natural sebum, which is the oil skin produces on it's own.)
    It's not some new great medical breakthrough that someone just discovered.
    Liniments and Salves have been around for generations. It's just that over the years "Big Pharma" has convinced most people that over-medicating with stuff like Tylenol or Advil for aches and pains is the new modern way to relieve what could have been treated with a simple Salve.
    2 people like this.
  7. marijuanavillle7

marijuanavillle7 New Member

My girlfriend uses lotion with hemp oil and thats all she uses. On the back of the bottle it says does not contain THC lol.
  8. SleepyJohn

SleepyJohn Sr. Member

There are a bunch of New Topical "Patches" being produced,as We type. We know of the Nicotine Patch, Morphine patch, other pain restriction patches, even anti-anxiety patches. We could get a THC patch made, if the Medical Laboratories where allowed enough of it to experiment with it, not to mention the legality. Pot lasts long enough smoking or vaporizing, so a constant dosing would do nothing but boost the tolerance.
    We don't need anything to make us need more each time, all the time.
  9. Stigma420247

Stigma420247 Sr. Member

well now i feel bad about callin this guy crazy hehehe oh well he will get over it...im gonna get him to bring some to work this week so i can see it for myself...
    4 people like this.
  10. Plaidheart

Plaidheart New Member

yep

I work at a grocery store and we have that hemp lotion as well as shampoo, soap, lipbalm, and cereal too! It's called Puffins (pun intended?) and you can see the ground up seeds in the cereal it tastes ok. The soap comes in lavender and eucalyptus (sp?) I'm gonna pick some up tonight and try it out :)
  11. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Hemp oil contains no THC, doesn't get you high, and doesn't cure aches and pains. It's good for your skin, though. Hemp oil is pressed from the seeds, which contain no THC.

There are topical medical marijuana products which contain THC. They're supposed to be good for aches and pains. They're not supposed to get you high.
  12. BayAreaMML

BayAreaMML New Member

i literally just put some of this stuff on. and the pain in my arm is already going away.
  13. SoThrowd

SoThrowd Sr. Member

I saw some at a barber shop a while ago and picked up some. I never found it to cure aches and pains, however it did moisturize my skin pretty well.