Marijuana Permantely affects your life

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Marijuana sucks, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marijuana sucks

Marijuana sucks New Member

It is very addicitve people in rehab are close to 500,000 a year.. marijuana causes the chemicals in your brain to change such as usefull stuff like dopamine serotonin. It causes people to be extremully paranoid. in fact most people who smoke marijuana act completely different :stoners weed makes you stupid!!!!! quit now save your money and see reality!!!!!!!

2. Herb Ninja

Herb Ninja Seasoned Activist

Marijuana has been a positive influence on my life. I consider myself a very happy person.
    I've seen reality and I like to find a balance.

Anyway welcome to marijuana.com. I just want to say, I don't hate you for being against marijuana. I hope you stay and come to realize most of its "problems" stem from it being prohibited. Were humans, and we like to eat or smoke a plant, big deal. The ones that cause trouble and steal for marijuana, karma will go their way. You have to realize that there are good people out there, some of them smoke marijuana, and there are bad people out there and some of them smoke marijuana.

What doesn't?

Really, would you mind giving us a reference?

Ohh no!!!! Run!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Peace, HN-

3. Lothar121

Lothar121 Seasoned Activist

Wow, I don't even know hot to begin responding to this since it is obviously a message that is greatly influenced by a movement known as "Reefer Madness".

Marijuana addiction, I want to touch on that first. Marijuana addiction is less than that of any of the other recreational drugs in use right now. The National Institute of Medicine cited marijuana’s dependency level was lower than that of alcohol or tobacco citing a 9% rate of dependence on cannabis, a 15% on alcohol, and a 32% dependence rate on nicotine. As for brain structure changes "A: "Earlier studies purporting to show structural changes in the brains of heavy marijuana users have not been replicated with more sophisticated techniques." [p. 106]Assessing the Science Base: Institute of Medicine "

"stoners weed makes you stupid!!!!! "

Although brain damage is certainly mentioned more often than not, it is also over emphasized in every aspect. For example a recent publication in the Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, they reviewed 15 previous studies of marijuana’s long term effects. Surprisingly, researchers found very little long term impairment from smokers compared to non smokers based on all of this research combined. In fact, the researchers specifically stated that the impairment from marijuana was less than that of alcohol, other illegal drugs, or prescription medications affecting the brain.

Your rehab statistic... source please :)

4. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

A large number of individuals in "rehabilitation" for marijuana usage are in a program for "rehabilitation" in lieu of criminal charges. They are not addicited to marijuana because marijuana is non-addicitive and non-narcotic. They are people caught in a system that criminalizes the use and cultivation of a non-toxic herbaceous plant. They are peole who do not want a criminal record plaguing their future.

Many chemicals and other stimuli effect the levels of neurotransmitters in the brain, for example, sugar in the form of simple carbohydrates, and oxygen. Dopamine and serotonin are neurotransmitters and their levels may be affected by anadamides (naturally occurring chemicals similar to cannabinoids, the chemicals found in marijuana) as well as by a number of other naturally occurring stimuli as well as chemical means including the use of prescription medications and some herbal formulas.

Paronoia among American pot-smokers is usually brought on by the simple fact that it is illegal to use cannabis in the United States. Which begs the question, is it paranoia when someone is really out to get you?

Lastly, no. Marijuana does not make you stupid. Sometimes very smart people smoke marijuana -- :chokin:

...here have a cookie ;)

Mama Budz

5. WNB

WNB Seasoned Activist

Yes, but are they really addicted? Most people in rehab for pot are there because they were given the choice of jail or rehab after being arrested. There are also alot of kids in rehab who are forced in by their parents or their school. In contrast to hard drugs, very few of the people in rehab for pot are there voluntarily.

Wrong. Marijuana affects a single chemical in your brain, the neurotransmitter amandamine, and it only affects this chemical for a short period of time, while you are actually high, by binding to and therefor blocking the brain receptors amandamine normally binds to. Further, there is no known purpose that amandamine serves. Marijuana has absolutely nothing to do with serotonin or dopamine. But I guess we couldn't expect you to know that, could we.

Not really. Marijuana can cause mild paranoia, but this only happens when a relativly inexperienced smoker smokes far to much in a single sitting.

Yes, while you're the one who can't even type in proper English, or even punctuate your post correctly. Maybe you should pay more attention to your own intelligence before worrying about ours. By the way, several studies have shown that marijuana does not cause brain damage, and any changes in behavior is causes are temporary. As for seeing reality...I think most of us have a much clearer view of it than you do.

PS: Let other people live their lives in peace, and leave them alone as long as what they're doing doesn't cause tangable damage to you, your family, or your property.

6. Bud-N-Frogs

Bud-N-Frogs New Member

:thumbsup:
    I find your lack of intelligence on the matters discussed in your post disturbing. I would also like to mention that next time you post something you should give reference as to were you are getting your information.
    OK? :thumbsup:

7. ::blazed jae::

::blazed jae:: Sr. Member

Wow nice try though! :eek:

Close thread... cough cough...

8. solutions

solutions Seasoned Activist

Welcome to cheaptalk Sucks (may I call you that?). Thanks for expressing your opinion on marijuana. :kiss:

Hope you took the time to read the replies and stick around for a while.

9. AnimalChin

AnimalChin New Member

i seriously doubt that, but who knows?

10. Skater dusto

Skater dusto New Member

Save your breath. I bet that's just some Freevibe fool trying to coax us with lies. It doesn't work, friend. Thanks for the heads up. :rolleyes:

11. teufelfisch

teufelfisch Seasoned Activist

I don't think this thread should be closed just because it's anti-pot or because the guy makes bad points. Maybe if he doesn't respond.

But it would be nice to hear some arguments from the other side. Then we'll blow those arguments away with ours.

Oh, and by the way, I smoke pot. A lot. And contrary to your argument, I remain to be regarded as a considerably smart person. I'm a chemistry major, and marijuana not only helps me think about chemistry but it enhances my creativity. I love it.

12. beats

beats New Member

I urge an admin somewhere, or a moderator, to create a thread, or page, to specifically adress these issues, targeted at the people who create these threads.

I just find it funny, how every month of so, everyone makes the same posts, and the same arguement and wins with a landslide, It could be more efficient to create a thread full of sources, and counter-arguements. :p

13. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

Well, we could...but how many folks with the "Pot is Bad cause it's Illegal" attitude will search for that thread?

...Threads like this are one of the purposes of Marijuana.com. Education.

We will never know if the person who made the first post even read the responses, but others have and each mind we educate is another perosn who can make an educated decision about the issue of the Decriminalization of Marijuana.

And with that said...I think it is high time (yeah, pun intended) to close this thread....

...have a cookie ;)

Hugz,

Mama Budz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.