Marijuana Price Calculation Tool!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by excalibur, Nov 15, 2008.

1. excalibur

excalibur New Member

Hey everyone! I've been lurking on this forum for a while now but just decided to join. I'm taking a Java class in college and decided to make a program that makes it easy to calculate the price of marijuana. It's called Smokeout. I know there's online conversion sites, but Smokeout is custom-tailored for the most common weights of pot. It has several tools such as Advanced Calculation, Penny Pincher (If the weed costs $x and I have $y, how many grams can I buy?), and a Metric Converter/Calculator. Just thought I should give something back to the community! :p

Here is the download link (it needs Java installed to run):
    4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download SO212.zip

(It's just a .jar file and three library .jars, so it won't leave any traces on your computer.)

Anyway, hope everyone here enjoys it. If you notice any bugs, post them plz. Have fun!

4 people like this.
  2. Slurs

Slurs New Member

That's awsome. I also take Java, only in high-school. I might check out this program for shits and giggles later.

But good job :)

Slurs~

2 people like this.
  3. ADIDAS

ADIDAS Represent. KY

Very interesting idea! Ill check it out later on, thanks.

4. princessmaryjane

princessmaryjane New Member

new member here inquiring about the 'grams' how does it wk and how does a person get more ?

5. Purpose420

Purpose420 Sr. Member

I think I'm speaking for everybody, I'd feel better about downloading that file if you uploaded it to a site that scans for viruses.

2 people like this.
  6. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Yeah, viruses always scare me. Even with a good anti-virus, I am careful and selective of what I download.

7. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect The Cosmic Chronic

Awesome, welcome to the forum! :wave:

I'm pretty familiar with Java so I'll take a look at it later today. :D

8. excalibur

excalibur New Member

Hey guys. Thanks for the interest!

The file-hosting site I'm using scans the file with Kaspersky Anti-Virus. The program is 100% safe. It doesn't even read/write to anywhere on your system; it just runs through the Java Virtual Machine. So no worries.

:hippy:

9. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

:wave: excalibur...

10. Purpose420

Purpose420 Sr. Member

Im just guessin, but wouldn't these prices depend on your location? at 120 a Oz the price goes down the more you buy.

11. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect The Cosmic Chronic

Hey excalibur, I checked out your program. Really nice dude! I'm actually saving this for use later, I love it man....

Here is a picture of it, incase people are wondering what it is all about but hesitant to download it. I scanned it with my anti-virus software and it came up with nothing. ;)

[​IMG]

Thanks for sharing dude. Are you a computer science major?

12. Everlong2019

Everlong2019 Sr. Member

hey this thing is pretty cool! I hate having to measure crap out one by one on my phone calculator...

13. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Ok, I broke down and downloaded it. It is actually pretty cool. :)

14. dirtbomb

dirtbomb Hippie

Haah! I was thinking about this topic, while budgeting out for a sack today.:)
    No kidding!
    It also helps to have a scrupulous dealer that likes to throw extras into the bag. A couple of extra buds, or some potent leftover shake makes a world of difference, man. It's like any other business. Be nice to your customers and they keep coming back.

2 people like this.
  15. excalibur

excalibur New Member

Glad you guys like it. :D

Purpose420: No, the program doesn't adjust itself based on price breaks. It's mainly just to get an idea of the unit price to have a general idea of the cost.

And yes, SpiralArchitect, I am a computer science major. The sad thing is, this is the most elaborate program I've ever written. :p

4 people like this.
  16. Purpose420

Purpose420 Sr. Member

Its a great program, it's just that the more you buy the more the price drops or at least thats how it goes around here.