Marijuana Showing Up in Blood Test

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by jennajuana, Sep 27, 2011.

1. jennajuana

jennajuana New Member

On Friday I have to take a Complete Metabolic Panel w/EGFR (Not completely sure what that means). Will they test for marijuana?
    I smoked marijuana for the last time on Thursday (September 27, 2011) and I'm wondering if it will show up in the test. I'm not a complete habitual smoker, just about 2 to 3 times a week.
    Should I postpone my test?
    Also, wondering if cigarettes show up. Have only had one drag off of a cigarette in the past week.
    Thank you so much!

2. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

Quit being paranoid..Cigerettes will not show up unless you smoke right before they take blood..

Secondly MOST blood tests do not test for ileagal substances.So no pot will not show up in your blood test unless the blood test is for drugs...The ones that do are if the cops pull you over and they take your blood cause they think your high..

3. pHAETON

pHAETON New Member

I have blood tests, I am not sure what yours entail, but I am not sure about mine either. Four vials of blood and roughly four pages of results. Each test is listed by name, each test has a dollar amount.
    So just as Bud Is good says, unless a drug result is specificly asked for it will not be tested for.

If the testing lab is paid enough money, detectable levels of THC metabolites can be found in the fatty tissues for up to thirty weeks. Tests going back past eight weeks are expensive. Tests going back over twelve weeks would probably involve murder or some other price no object search. Although why it would matter if someone was stoned five months ago is beyond me.

On a personal note, after continual 175 mg extract per day use, a standard urine test flunked me 7 weeks after last use. Ended up with a better job later, but damn, I thought I was clean.

2 people like this.