Marijuana vs Sugar

Discussion in 'Science' started by Tokin' Talker, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Tokin' Talker

Tokin' Talker New Member

Anybody who has ever tried the Atkins, low-carbohydrate, or any other form of non-sugar diet should understand that sugar has a much higher impact on our lives than most people might think. We’ve all heard from one expert to the next that excess sugar is responsible for many illnesses, diseases, and conditions. That started me thinking…

Has anybody ever compared the effects of marijuana to that of sugar?

I couldn’t find anything from a brief search, so I thought I would compile a quick list of effects through Google searches. It was extremely difficult to find a comprehensive list of pros and cons for marijuana that isn’t biased one way or the other, but I found several for sugar. The pros list for marijuana consists of positive benefits mentioned by proponents of legalization, the cons list consists of government issued “facts” (mainly to pad the cons list out a little…). I intentionally selected a source that the opponents would consider to be a valid and comprehensive resource.

After compiling these two lists, I’m left wondering why everybody’s comparing marijuana with alcohol and tobacco. Let’s get a study put together than comprehensively compares marijuana with sugar!

What do you think?

Pros:

Marijuana:
    Euphoria
    May increase appetite
    Promotes relaxation
    Reduces nausea
    Pain relief
    May increase concentration
    Psychoactive reaction
    Bronchial passages relax

Sugar:
    Sweet flavor
    Increased energy
    Increased mood

Withdrawal Symptoms:

Marijuana – Effects may last from 1 – 45 days (couldn’t find anything definite)
    (NIDA - Publications - NIDA Notes - Vol. 17, No. 3 - Research Findings)
    (Researchers identify symptoms of marijuana withdrawal | HarvardScience)
    Headache
    Depressed mood
    Irritability
    Craving
    Restlessness
    Anger
    Anxiety
    Lack of appetite
    Strange dreams

Sugar – Effects may last 1 – 2 weeks
    (Sugar Withdrawal Symptoms-Don't Let Them Stop You From Kicking Your Sugar Habit)
    Headache
    Depression
    Irritability
    Cravings
    Drowsiness
    Fatigue
    Skin eruptions
    Mucus
    Throat discomfort
    Flu-like symptoms

Cons:

Marijuana:
    (NIDA - Research Report Series - Marijuana Abuse)
    1. Dry mouth
    2. May increase heart rate
    3. May cause fear
    4. May cause anxiety
    5. May cause paranoia
    6. May cause insomnia
    7. May cause drowsiness
    8. May cause panic
    9. May impair memory
    10. “may experience acute toxic psychosis”
    11. May cause increased risk of respiratory illness
    12. May, possibly, maybe promote lung cancer
    13. May impair immune system
    14. May increase risk of heart attack
    15. May impair attention
    16. May impair judgement
    17. May impair coordination
    18. May impair balance
    19. May impair learning skills
    20. May lead to addiction
    21. Increased risk of chronic cough
    22. Increased risk of bronchitis
    23. Increased risk of emphysema
    24. Increased risk of cancer of the head
    25. Increased risk of cancer of the neck
    26. Increased risk of cancer of the lungs

Sugar:
    (146 Reasons Why Sugar Is Ruining Your Health)
    1. Sugar can suppress the immune system.
    2. Sugar upsets the mineral relationships in the body.
    3. Sugar can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children.
    4. Sugar can produce a significant rise in triglycerides.
    5. Sugar contributes to the reduction in defense against bacterial infection (infectious diseases).
    6. Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function, the more sugar you eat the more elasticity and function you loose.
    7. Sugar reduces high density lipoproteins.
    8. Sugar leads to chromium deficiency.
    9 Sugar leads to cancer of the ovaries.
    10. Sugar can increase fasting levels of glucose.
    11. Sugar causes copper deficiency.
    12. Sugar interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
    13. Sugar can weaken eyesight.
    14. Sugar raises the level of a neurotransmitters: dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine.
    15. Sugar can cause hypoglycemia.
    16. Sugar can produce an acidic digestive tract.
    17. Sugar can cause a rapid rise of adrenaline levels in children.
    18. Sugar malabsorption is frequent in patients with functional bowel disease.
    19. Sugar can cause premature aging.
    20. Sugar can lead to alcoholism.
    21. Sugar can cause tooth decay.
    22. Sugar contributes to obesity
    23. High intake of sugar increases the risk of Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis.
    24. Sugar can cause changes frequently found in person with gastric or duodenal ulcers.
    25. Sugar can cause arthritis.
    26. Sugar can cause asthma.
    27. Sugar greatly assists the uncontrolled growth of Candida Albicans (yeast infections).
    28. Sugar can cause gallstones.
    29. Sugar can cause heart disease.
    30. Sugar can cause appendicitis.
    31. Sugar can cause multiple sclerosis.
    32. Sugar can cause hemorrhoids.
    33. Sugar can cause varicose veins.
    34. Sugar can elevate glucose and insulin responses in oral contraceptive users.
    35. Sugar can lead to periodontal disease.
    36. Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.
    37. Sugar contributes to saliva acidity.
    38. Sugar can cause a decrease in insulin sensitivity.
    39. Sugar can lower the amount of Vitamin E (alpha-Tocopherol in the blood.
    40. Sugar can decrease growth hormone.
    41. Sugar can increase cholesterol.
    42. Sugar can increase the systolic blood pressure.
    43. Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children.
    44. High sugar intake increases advanced glycation end products (AGEs)(Sugar bound non-enzymatically to protein)
    45. Sugar can interfere with the absorption of protein.
    46. Sugar causes food allergies.
    47. Sugar can contribute to diabetes.
    48. Sugar can cause toxemia during pregnancy.
    49. Sugar can contribute to eczema in children.
    50. Sugar can cause cardiovascular disease.
    51. Sugar can impair the structure of DNA
    52. Sugar can change the structure of protein.
    53. Sugar can make our skin age by changing the structure of collagen.
    54. Sugar can cause cataracts.
    55. Sugar can cause emphysema.
    56. Sugar can cause atherosclerosis.
    57. Sugar can promote an elevation of low density lipoproteins (LDL).
    58. High sugar intake can impair the physiological homeostasis of many systems in the body.
    59. Sugar lowers the enzymes ability to function.
    60. Sugar intake is higher in people with Parkinson’s disease.
    61. Sugar can cause a permanent altering the way the proteins act in the body.
    62. Sugar can increase the size of the liver by making the liver cells divide.
    63. Sugar can increase the amount of liver fat.
    64. Sugar can increase kidney size and produce pathological changes in the kidney.
    65. Sugar can damage the pancreas.
    66. Sugar can increase the body's fluid retention.
    67. Sugar is enemy #1 of the bowel movement.
    68. Sugar can cause myopia (nearsightedness).
    69. Sugar can compromise the lining of the capillaries.
    70. Sugar can make the tendons more brittle.
    71. Sugar can cause headaches, including migraine.
    72. Sugar plays a role in pancreatic cancer in women.
    73. Sugar can adversely affect school children's grades and cause learning disorders..
    74. Sugar can cause an increase in delta, alpha, and theta brain waves.
    75. Sugar can cause depression.
    76. Sugar increases the risk of gastric cancer.
    77. Sugar and cause dyspepsia (indigestion).
    78. Sugar can increase your risk of getting gout.
    79. Sugar can increase the levels of glucose in an oral glucose tolerance test over the ingestion of complex carbohydrates.
    80. Sugar can increase the insulin responses in humans consuming high-sugar diets compared to low sugar diets.
    81 High refined sugar diet reduces learning capacity.
    82. Sugar can cause less effective functioning of two blood proteins, albumin, and lipoproteins, which may reduce the body’s ability to handle fat and cholesterol.
    83. Sugar can contribute to Alzheimer’s disease.
    84. Sugar can cause platelet adhesiveness.
    85. Sugar can cause hormonal imbalance; some hormones become underactive and others become overactive.
    86. Sugar can lead to the formation of kidney stones.
    87. Sugar can lead to the hypothalamus to become highly sensitive to a large variety of stimuli.
    88. Sugar can lead to dizziness.
    89. Diets high in sugar can cause free radicals and oxidative stress.
    90. High sucrose diets of subjects with peripheral vascular disease significantly increases platelet adhesion.
    91. High sugar diet can lead to biliary tract cancer.
    92. Sugar feeds cancer.
    93. High sugar consumption of pregnant adolescents is associated with a twofold increased risk for delivering a small-for-gestational-age (SGA) infant.
    94. High sugar consumption can lead to substantial decrease in gestation duration among adolescents.
    95. Sugar slows food's travel time through the gastrointestinal tract.
    96. Sugar increases the concentration of bile acids in stools and bacterial enzymes in the colon. This can modify bile to produce cancer-causing compounds and colon cancer.
    97. Sugar increases estradiol (the most potent form of naturally occurring estrogen) in men.
    98. Sugar combines and destroys phosphatase, an enzyme, which makes the process of digestion more difficult.
    99. Sugar can be a risk factor of gallbladder cancer.
    100. Sugar is an addictive substance.
    101. Sugar can be intoxicating, similar to alcohol.
    102. Sugar can exacerbate PMS.
    103. Sugar given to premature babies can affect the amount of carbon dioxide they produce.
    104. Decrease in sugar intake can increase emotional stability.
    105. The body changes sugar into 2 to 5 times more fat in the bloodstream than it does starch.
    106. The rapid absorption of sugar promotes excessive food intake in obese subjects.
    107. Sugar can worsen the symptoms of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
    108. Sugar adversely affects urinary electrolyte composition.
    109. Sugar can slow down the ability of the adrenal glands to function.
    110. Sugar has the potential of inducing abnormal metabolic processes in a normal healthy individual and to promote chronic degenerative diseases.
    111.. I.Vs (intravenous feedings) of sugar water can cut off oxygen to the brain.
    112. High sucrose intake could be an important risk factor in lung cancer.
    113. Sugar increases the risk of polio.
    114. High sugar intake can cause epileptic seizures.
    115. Sugar causes high blood pressure in obese people.
    116. In Intensive Care Units, limiting sugar saves lives.
    117. Sugar may induce cell death.
    118. Sugar can increase the amount of food that you eat.
    119. In juvenile rehabilitation camps, when children were put on a low sugar diet, there was a 44% drop in antisocial behavior.
    120. Sugar can lead to prostrate cancer.
    121. Sugar dehydrates newborns.
    122. Sugar increases the estradiol in young men.
    123. Sugar can cause low birth weight babies.
    124. Greater consumption of refined sugar is associated with a worse outcome of schizophrenia
    125. Sugar can raise homocysteine levels in the blood stream.
    126. Sweet food items increase the risk of breast cancer.
    127. Sugar is a risk factor in cancer of the small intestine.
    128. Sugar may cause laryngeal cancer.
    129. Sugar induces salt and water retention.
    130. Sugar may contribute to mild memory loss.
    131. As sugar increases in the diet of 10 years olds, there is a linear decrease in the intake of many essential nutrients.
    132. Sugar can increase the total amount of food consumed.
    133. Exposing a newborn to sugar results in a heightened preference for sucrose relative to water at 6 months and 2 years of age.
    134. Sugar causes constipation.
    135. Sugar causes varicous veins.
    136. Sugar can cause brain decay in prediabetic and diabetic women.
    137. Sugar can increase the risk of stomach cancer.
    138. Sugar can cause metabolic syndrome.
    139. Sugar ingestion by pregnant women increases neural tube defects in embryos.
    140. Sugar can be a factor in asthma.
    141. The higher the sugar consumption the more chances of getting irritable bowel syndrome.
    142. Sugar could affect central reward systems.
    143. Sugar can cause cancer of the rectum.
    144. Sugar can cause endometrial cancer.
    145. Sugar can cause renal (kidney) cell carcinoma.
    146. Sugar can cause liver tumors.
    30 people like this.
  2. Timecow

Timecow Sr. Member

WOW! That was a lot of work! Very interesting stuff though! My Stepfather is on a diet to help deal with liver cancer, and one of the main things is to avoid sugar at all costs. I think I need to cut back on MY sugar intake after looking at this! Thanks for the effort!

Hopefully over time you will be able to get it down to the hard facts, and get rid of the "May Cause" in favor of the "Does" or "Does Not" items. But as it stands, it is very interesting to see it laid out like that. You could toss in the added catagory of artificial sweetener. Even sugar looks good compared to that shite!
    2 people like this.
  3. nornerator

nornerator New Member

Refined sugar is far more dangerous to a persons health than refined cannabis.

Sugar from corn (High fructose corn syrup) plays a huge role in both the Diabetes and Obesity epidemic.

Sugar is a necessary component for human life, but our body systems have evolved to consume small amounts of sugar at a time through fruits, vegetables, and nuts.

Standard American diet should be considered poison. Quite frankly I am amazed that our body is so robust that it is even able to extract nutrients from the manufactured shit we call food.
    10 people like this.
  4. Gee

Gee The truth is in here

2 people like this.
  5. Csharp

Csharp Sr. Member

this is making me not wanna eat sweats at all..ever again
  6. Tokin' Talker

Tokin' Talker New Member

Unfortunately, I simply don't have the time to really put together a totally comprehensive list. Heck, I don't even have time to go through and confirm the validity of each of the claims on the list!

@nornerator - Thanks for the input on refined sugar and corn syrup. I agree with your post 100%. I was actually considering comparing specifically to refined sugars, but decided to leave it at the basics.

@Gee - I definitely agree that lung cancer and many of the others should be stricken from that list. However, I specifically chose to take info from a site that the opposition might use in trying to prove their case. I even broke some categories, like cancer, into the different kinds of cancer in order to make the cons list as long as possible. Even so, it still doesn't hold a candle to the Sugar list!
  7. nibbles

nibbles New Member

As a dietetic student, I just want to point out the "Cons" for sugar ONLY pertain to excess sugar (however, a lot of us eat too much). Do not be afraid of fruit, please, pleaaase. :)
  8. Tokin' Talker

Tokin' Talker New Member

@ nibbles - I knew that sugar (or carbohydrates) is needed by the body in some form, mainly from the arguments by opponents of low-carb diets, but I couldn't find any decent information on it. Do you have more to add to the Pro's list for Sugar or know what the definition of "excess" is, pertaining to sugar? I seriously couldn't find any Pro's... anywhere. Had to make them up for this list :p

@ everyone-
    I think I'm going to take back my previous statement that I don't have time to compile a comprehensive list. I find myself spending more time researching on this stuff than care to admit. So if you have links to prove or disprove anything on the lists above, please post 'em here. Also, if there's anything that you think should be on the lists above, please post 'em here.

After making the realization that sugar is more dangerous than marijuana, I've been getting more and more angry about the current marijuana laws. All of the primary arguments by the opponents are based solely on the belief that marijuana is dangerous and they want to keep it away from kids. It's a safe bet that those same people wake up every morning, pour a bowl of a sugar filled cereal like Frosted Flakes, slide it in front of their kids, and, after a kiss on the forehead, they start spooning sugar into their coffee.

None of it makes any sense!
  9. nibbles

nibbles New Member

Well, there should be no pro's for white refined sugar other than personal pleasure. There is simply no reason to eat it since we can get our sugars from complex carbohydrates like bread, or from food that has natural sugar like fruits (vegetables too). We need to consume at least 100 grams of carbohydrates per day (which break down to simpler sugars) to fuel our brains.
    But we do eat extra sugar and sugar makes damn good baked goods... so we go on to figure out how much sugar is too much.
    The USDA estimates that Americans eat 20 teaspoons of added sugar a day (this is not including fruits or other foods with natural sugar, this is only talking about straight-up sugar from sweet drinks, baked goods, etc). For reference, A 12 ounce Pepsi contains 10 teaspoons of sugar. So I'm going to have to say eating more than 20 teaspoons of added sugar a day is "too much", even though it is an average, and I would encourage people to try to eat as little added sugar as possible. But hell, I like brownies too. Just don't over do it.
    As for Marijuana versus Excess Sugar, it's HANDS DOWN a win for marijuana. I say "excess" because, obviously, sugar is necessary in our diets, so if you're eating a healthful diet you should already be getting enough sugars/carbs from fruits and vegetables. You should probably specify "excess" in your OP so nobody gets scared of all sugar and goes on the Atkins XD

The only "pro" that you could keep, just to -have- one on the list, would be "fast energy". Technically you don't get any more energy from sugar than you do any other food, the difference is that sugar is metabolized very fast and there is an immediate boost of energy as opposed to eating something with no sugar. :)
    I don't think there is any proof about sugar improving mood either. ;)

Sorry for such a long and boring post, I really like stuff like this.
    2 people like this.
  10. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

Umm WOW....You really did your homework on mj vs sugar...And just from reading this I honestly think theres more pro's out everyday...Pro's that are good for the mj movement...

If you quit drinking soda and switch to water you loose about 10-15lbs, and feel alot better..I know this from my healthy eating days...It's too expensive right now for an unempoyed husband and wife to eat healthy...
  11. wgraves4786

wgraves4786 New Member

120 More in Sugar LMFAO

Thats just wrong eh? Sugars in everything two! How sad. Marijuana for me has saved my life. Yes, you can become dependant on the plant, but dont you with anything else?!!! Food for example! Lol. you gotta have a reason to smoke the stuff, if no reason, you probably will loss you ambition and watch tv all day.

But MJ#23 has save my life, for medical reasons though. You can drink it in tintures, eat the stuff with cannabutter, even vapor which is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
  12. mondaymonkey

mondaymonkey Sr. Member

Simple sugars (monsaccharides) are what you got watch out for. Glucose, Fructose etc are all simple sugars. They are easily created by gently heating complex sugars (polysaccharides) to break the hydrogen bonds joing monosaccharides.

Complex sugars are part of the Carbohydrate family of compounds. They are everywhere, from Crab/Lobster shells to fibers in wood.
  13. itsinmygenes

itsinmygenes New Member

Sugar is a poison, experts say

Over the past year, I have been researching the effects of sugar, particularly high fructose corn syrup, on the onset of type 2 diabetes.
    I have posted a few links, three of which are scientific journal articles that I will briefly summarize.

But first, let's talk about THC and brain cancer. THC kills a rapid-growing form of brain cancer (see links).

Now, let's talk about sugar.

In one article, researchers tested the effect of high glucose on muscle-derived stem cells, which are found between the muscle fibers, and which has the ability to turn into any type of connective tissue such as muscle, collagen, even adipose tissue (fat). They say muscle doesn't turn to fat? Well, the stem cells within the muscle tissue of mice turned into fat when in the presence of high glucose. Whats amazing is that sugar, itself, acted as a signal to "tell the cells" to turn into fat.

In the other article, which I find very disturbing, is that high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) activates the transcription factor, NF-kappa-B in the liver of mice. NF-kappa-B is a regulator of the immune system, but is disregulated in many disease processes involved in inflammation. NF-kappa-B target genes are also upregulated in old-age, but inhibiting NF-kappa-B extends lifespan.

In the mice, HFCS activated NF-kappa-B and caused inflammation of the liver. Inflammation of the liver leads to hardening of the arteries because the liver's ability to produce bile is hindered. Under normal conditions, the liver draws cholesterol out of the blood to make bile salts that aid in digestion. But, since the liver isn't pulling cholesterol out of the blood due to inflammation, the cholesterol sticks to the arteries and causes plaque formation, which hardens the walls of the arteries and causes hypertension, among other diseases. Hypertension causes heart disease, etc. and the strange part that I haven't figured out is that either hypertension, or the hardening of the arteries, leads to diabetes by some process involved in the thickening of the basement membrane in the pancreas islet cells, which release insulin. Diabetes is a feed-forward cycle, because not only does increase fat and athersclerosis lead to diabetes, but diabetes leads to increase in yet more fat and artherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). It's a viscious cycle of disease.

HFCS is found everywhere. Most ketchups are loaded HFCS, same with "healthy" yogurts (especially store-brands like great-value). I believe it is used to control as a form of population control. Most of the food that poor people buy contain HFCS. Most of the diseases of western civilization are related to diet.

Sugar is a Poison, says UCSF expert Dr. Norris
    Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome Driven by Fructose Sugar Diet - Science Café - UCSF

High glucose induces adipogenic differentiation of muscle-derived stem cells
    High glucose induces adipogenic differentiation of muscle-derived stem cells — PNAS
    High Dietary Fructose Induces a Hepatic Stress Response Resulting in Cholesterol and Lipid Dysregulation
    http://endo.endojournals.org/cgi/reprint/145/2/548

Marijuana and brain cancer:

Active Ingredient in Marijuana Kills Brain Cancer Cells
    Active Ingredient in Marijuana Kills Brain Cancer Cells - Forbes.com

High concentrations of cannabinoids activate apoptosis in human U373MG glioma cells (abstract only)
    Wiley InterScience :: Session Cookies
    2 people like this.
  14. HarisMyleak

HarisMyleak New Member

read them again, most of thc say "may cause" and the sugar ones say "can cause" lol

this thread is so one-sided. at least be honest
  15. Hashishi

Hashishi Unf*ckwit'able

Perhaps somebody should let them know it's not effective until years afer they've reproduced.
  16. Buds_Of_Steele

Buds_Of_Steele Your Undisputed Disputer

so i guess what this means is we should stop cooking with sugar and start cooking with cannabis. but yeah nice work man this is something you should send to a gov't rep or you could even speak in public.
    2 people like this.
  17. Kaz339

Kaz339 New Member

I'm just curious did you consider breaking out the cons section for marijuana to compare them againist the different consumption methods? I'm sure vaporization/edible methods of consuming MJ would knock off a couple of the cons you have listed.
    2 people like this.
  18. Tokin' Talker

Tokin' Talker New Member

Thank you all for the great comments and information! As I mentioned in an earlier post, time is a precious commidity in my life that is continuously forced to be spent on one thing or another. I haven't forgotten this thread and I do still intend to make that list more comprehensive and as accurate and fair as possible.

Actually, this thread is far from one-sided. The terminology used between "may" and "can" were taken directly from the sources where they were found (the DEA website and the best list I could find showing the dangers of Sugar). I've added every negative aspect possible to the Cons list of Marijuana, specifically to represent the worst case scenario arguments by the opposition of legalization. Many of those cons have been recently dis-proven, strongly disputed, or is outright not applicable if the marijuana (or cannabis, if you prefer) is not smoked.

If there's anything beyond the terminology of "may" vs "can" that makes this thread one-sided, please let me know. If there's any pros or cons for either marijuana or sugar that do not appear on that list, please let me know. Being open, honest, and fair is exactly what I'm trying to achieve with this thread.

I personally think that sugar vs marijuana is a comparison that should definitely be a mainstream realization and a part of the argument for legalization. If danger is going to be the platform that opponents are going to use to keep it illegal, let's examine something that everybody, worldwide, uses on a daily basis that is far more dangerous. Forget tobacco and alcohol... we give sugar to children of all ages.

At the moment, I'm thinking that once I'm satisfied that the list is complete, fair, and accurate, I'll write up an article to go along with the data and send it around to some newspapers, NORML, NPR, and probably some officials. Perhaps somebody will pick it up and help bring it more to the mainstream. And perhaps it will be totally ignored and left untouched.

:shrugs: We do what we can.

I have definitely considered breaking the marijuana cons list up by consumption methods and the final version will likely do just that. Unfortunately, I don't have much information on the use, effectiveness, or reduction of danger when vaporizing compared to smoking. I understand that the basic concept behind vaporizing is to heat the cannabis to the point where the THC is turned to vapor, leaving the plant material unburnt. This theoretically prevents or significantly reduces inhalation of the potentially cancer causing chemicals and tar that reside in plant material, but how effective is that in practice?

I've read many suggestions for vaporizing by posters here on the site, but it's very difficult to know if they know their stuff or if they just happen to sell vaporizer's for a living.

The article that I intend to write will probably stick to comparing sugar to eaten marijuana, since that is the method of consumption. However, I do wonder how smoked marijuana might compare to smoked refined sugar or smoked High Fructose Corn Syrup. ;)
    2 people like this.
  19. HarisMyleak

HarisMyleak New Member

bro, i toke too. i'm not trying to go against you here... but be HONEST man. do you believe this? "we give sugar to children of all ages" ... yeah, and that gets them happy and hyper and that's life man, I was raised on a lot of sugary stuff, i turned out alright... you wana be the one to smoke out a 6 year old?

Don't just sugar coat your words and say something in this OH-SO-ONE-SIDED forum, i'm sorry but when someone blatantly does something like this, it pisses me off.

Whether you like it or not, sugar is far safer than marijuana. lol

EDIT: sorry if it SEEMED like i bashed on that one sentence of yours, I didn't mean to.. i was just being lazy;
    may means "WILL CAUSE"... and can means "under certain situations/maybe long term"

I'm not bashing on YOU for saying can vs may ... i'm not saying anything like you put those words there... i'm saying it makes 0 sense to compare a "can" and "may" in that context... as we all know, those withdrawal symptoms are felt by all of us when talking about marijuana, and sugar... not so much... honestly, it applies to like a fat 5% of USA.
  20. Kaz339

Kaz339 New Member

How is sugar "far safer" than marijuana?
    2 people like this.