Mary Jane Girls

Discussion in 'Art and Photography' started by MJAddington, Jan 2, 2012.

1. MJAddington

MJAddington New Member

Hi guys!

New to this forum [​IMG]

I wanted to share this new ongoing painting project I started called "Mary Jane Girls" They're five sexy weed-loving pinup ladies that each have their own personality and stories. So far I've completed the first two girls and the third should be coming out later today. I thought it would be fun to create pinups with personality and combine one of my favorite pastimes. Let me know what you think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    10 people like this.
  2. MJAddington

MJAddington New Member

[​IMG]

Just finished my newest painting. She's Mary Jane Wooderson, baking brownies while baking herself. [​IMG]

The first two are Mary Jane Floyd and Mary Jane Addington.
    12 people like this.
  3. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Cranched Scanner

wow, those are really awesome. Very nice work.

What do you make them with?
  4. MJAddington

MJAddington New Member

Thank you! I use acrylics on canvas :)

Double post - Gotta get used to this forum!
  5. Ryan 4891

Ryan 4891 New Member

haha i think i like the 3rd one just becasue of the rug by the stove! haha looks damn good
  6. CoffeeMiss

CoffeeMiss New Member

Wow those are nice, I like them.
  7. Zoup

Zoup New Member

Let's bake xD
  8. MJAddington

MJAddington New Member

Thanks for all the love guys! <3 :)
  9. MJAddington

MJAddington New Member

Finished my newest painting in this series - Quint enjoying a bowl with Barkley [​IMG] My paintings always look so much rougher when I post it online!

[​IMG]
    2 people like this.
  10. Keith

Keith Guest

I love these!! Keep up the great work :thumb:
    2 people like this.
  11. MJAddington

MJAddington New Member

Thank you!! There'll be five different women and about 10-15 paintings in the series so more will be coming over the next year. After the fifth I'm going bigger! :)
  12. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

From our Posting Guidelines....

OK, guys. NO BUYING OR SELLING OF ANYTHING. You can show us your art, MJ, but if you want to sell them, you have to pay the owners for privilege. Infractions issued. Post's tanked.

Dedbr....Super Moderator.....:toocool:
  13. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

^ Super doober moderator there folks..
  14. MJAddington

MJAddington New Member

That's not what I did... I'm just sharing my art with people that might dig it. I'm not advertising it for sale. Should I not answer if someone's interested? I'll discontinue posting if it's a problem.
    2 people like this.
  15. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

Exactly. It's not a problem showing your art. I love it. You are restricted from discussing the sale of it though, that's all......:shrug:

From our Posting Guidelines.......

16. MJAddington

MJAddington New Member

Ok thank you. I get it. :)
  17. CasSteal

CasSteal New Member

Dang ded....

Hey mj those paintings are great. I enjoyed looking at them. Excellent work in my opinion. If you make anymore please post!
    2 people like this.
  18. MJAddington

MJAddington New Member

Thanks! This is actually part of a series I'm working on so there will more of these girls coming :)
  19. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

Dude seriously..There awsome..I really like them alot..Keep them coming please..Your a great painter..I love them..
    2 people like this.
  20. Insaneteacher

Insaneteacher Fare You Well

you've got some serious talent i love the paintings. you should seriously take Ded's advice and contact the owners about advertising your stuff on the site. If i had some extra money to burn i could definitely see one of your paintings hanging up in my man cave!
    2 people like this.