medical marijuana Age limit?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by jellybean88, Aug 26, 2007.

1. jellybean88

jellybean88 New Member

how old do you have to be to get a medical marijauna card and if i'm under 18 would i need to get my parents to sign off on it.

THX

2 people like this.
  2. Darque Pervert

Darque Pervert Jive Honkey

I don't believe you can get one if you are under 18.

3. Jake

Jake Sr. Member

You might, but you'd probably need it pretty bad. I've heard of it being done before, for good reasons.

You'll definitely not be able to get it with emotional reasons such as hyperactivity or depression. Now if you were going through chemo at such a young age, I'm sure they could help you out.

4. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

18 in most States, including California.
    For 'approved' treatment of those under 18, an adult "caregiver" is designated...

5. iLLeGaL HoPPeR

iLLeGaL HoPPeR New Member

Yeah it's usually 18 it depends on where you live though.

6. teog

teog New Member

im actually going to my docter to get a prescription for my panic attacks and anxiety not for everyday use but for the times i need it plus they gave me stuff that made me hallucinate and forget the weekend (stay away from ativan) and they also give people stuff that does more damage than good im going to be offended if she refuses to give me a prescription for my anxiety its not bullshit either it really does help

7. Dank_Vader

Dank_Vader New Member

well, i'm 18 and i've got really bad arthiritis in my hip , i'm moving to a medical marijuana state (colorado) in a few months so that's pretty good, because THC is the only medication tat works for me! i think they should put people like me with painful ailments before those with pschological illness e.g anorexia, because without weed, the pain can just get unbearable for me. but i think that dude teog would get it, because panic attacks and anxiety can lead to cardiac arrest and whatnot. question- how much weed can you grow with a medical weed card? and can you share it?

8. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

No, you cannot share it legally with a non authorized user.

Here is the link to Marijuana Law Reform - NORML
    While you're there look around and consider supporting them with a donation. It can be as much or as little as you like.

Every $ helps...
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Colorado

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SUMMARY: Fifty-four percent of voters approved Amendment 20 on November 7, 2000, which amends the state’s constitution to recognize the medical use of marijuana. The law took effect on June 1, 2001. It removes state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients who possess written documentation from their physician affirming that he or she suffers from a debilitating condition and advising that they "might benefit from the medical use of marijuana." (Patients must possess this documentation prior to an arrest.) Patients diagnosed with the following illnesses are afforded legal protection under this act: cachexia; cancer; chronic pain; chronic nervous system disorders; epilepsy and other disorders characterized by seizures; glaucoma; HIV or AIDS; multiple sclerosis and other disorders characterized by muscle spasticity; and nausea. Other conditions are subject to approval by the Colorado Board of Health. Patients (or their primary caregivers) may legally possess no more than two ounces of usable marijuana, and may cultivate no more than six marijuana plants. The law establishes a confidential state-run patient registry that issues identification cards to qualifying patients. Patients who do not join the registry or possess greater amounts of marijuana than allowed by law may argue the "affirmative defense of medical necessity" if they are arrested on marijuana charges. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CONTACT INFORMATION:Application information for the Colorado medical marijuana registry is available online or by writing:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
    HSVR-ADM2-A1
    4300 Cherry Creek Drive South
    Denver, CO 80246-1530
    Phone: 303-692-2184
    http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/hs/medicalmarijuana/fullpacket.pdf
    [/FONT]

9. teog

teog New Member

i know in b.c. canada with a medical marijuana license you can grow 8 full size plants and legally have a pound at home and 3 ounces to carry around well thats for one guy i know but i think it varys for every person he got it for anxiety but one thing that is happening alot around here is people find out they grow by friends telling friends and the next thing they know the hells angels is at there house and that isnt bs either becarefull and tell no one you grow even if it is legal

they really need to realise what medical marijuana can do for so many people its ridiclous they want people use morphine rather than marijuana for pain its crazy

10. Victoria33

Victoria33 New Member

So if I'm 16 and I live in nor cal can I apply for a medical? I have diagnosed scoliosis and chronic back pain because of it, sometimes it hurts so bad i cry. And I barely eat, the weed helps with that too. Both my parents know I smoke, (my whole family pretty much does; divorced though) can I apply if one of them signs off? Shit would really help with my back. Or do I have to wait till I'm 18 to LEGAllyy smoke it