Medicinal MJ & Ethics

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Canadian-Kid, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Canadian-Kid

Canadian-Kid Guest

Some background information:

My mothers side of the family has inherant chemical imbalances in the brain. Now, this isn't too bad, as it can be controlled by anti-depressants and what not. It's worse in my aunt, but my mom handles it fine. I've now found out that it's from a Serenotin(Sp?) imbalance ; rather, lack of. Apparently, the gland that is supposed to produce Serenotin, (Petuitary gland?) , doesn't 'make' enough.

I found out recently that this has been passed on to me. I'm not on anti-depressants or anything, but, I could get them because of this. Aside from bouts of anxiety, nothing is 'wrong' with me. I may need to be on them later in life,though, - who knows.

Now, my question is this : Would it be ethically alright to get medical marijuana because of this imbalance? Remember, though, that it isn't that big of a deal (The imbalance) as of right now.

What it all boils down to is thus: I can get it, but I don't really *need* it right now. Would you consider it ethically unsound to get medicinal MJ in my situation?

Thanks, everyone. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

2. Herb Ninja

Herb Ninja Seasoned Activist

If you buy it from your dealer for medical reasons that seems ethical. If you go to a medical marijuana dispensery, and try and get some even though some people need it more, thats not as ethical in my opinion.

3. Shroud

Shroud New Member

As someone with bipolar and ADHD, I would tell you to leave the doctoring to a psychiatrist if your condition ever warrants the need of medication. I'm not suggesting that you not consider the use of medicinal marijuana. However, I would suggest that you at least decide upon it as a course of treatment after discussion with someone in the medical field.

4. vaya

vaya Activist

I have a couple things wrong with me that have been sorta under control as-of-late.

When I smoke and the days ensuing the day when I smoke, I feel happy. Its like a cure-all for me. If you can get it, I would. They produce enough anyway.(btw how can you get medical marijuana for depression??)

5. Canadian-Kid

Canadian-Kid Guest

I had pretty much made up my mind already that I wasn't going to really look into getting it yet - As I would essentially be cheating a system that so many people have fought for. I just wanted to see everyone's oppinion on MJ / Ethics. Thanks for your imput, guys.

6. AnarchistBarbie

AnarchistBarbie New Member

Ultimately, if you are cautious and discreet, the more people using a system, the more the system demonstrates it has value - but the more often a system is abused, the more likely it will be attacked, or heavily altered.