Mixed clean urine with dirty urine.

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by mjh0045, Jun 17, 2009.

1. mjh0045

mjh0045 New Member

I just took a pre-employment drug test. I did the substitution method and it worked... however during the test I did not have enough clean urine to fill the cup so I used a little bit of my own. it couldn't have been more than a table spoon worth of urine. Do you think that will trigger a positive result???

2. w3st3d

w3st3d New Member

That depends on how dirty your urine is... If you were diluted, I would imagine it's okay. If it was concentrated and you smoke a lot, it might be bad.

3. mjh0045

mjh0045 New Member

Well, I am a leisure smoker. Maybe 3 times a week and I also quit smoking for 7 days prior to the test, but chose to substitute. I did drink alot of water prior to going to the test and my urine was clear so that would indicate it was somewhat diluted. Oh well I guess I will have to wait and see.

4. Webdox

Webdox New Member

I have heard many people over the years mix clean with a little bit of dirty to top off and usually the results aren't favorable. Best of luck.

5. EliteStoner

EliteStoner New Member

I just took a pre-employment drug test today, I had to mix / top off the clean urine with just a SMALL stream of my dirty urine, I only pee'd for a split second so it could read the temperature. My friend said he did this same thing, and it was sent off to a lab and he now has the job, and he is an everyday smoker... I have been off of smoking for 7 days now and been drinking fluids regularly. I am really worried and wondering if anyone knows anything about this subject or how this could turn out. Please reply as soon as you can, It would be greatly appreciated and take soooooo much weight off my shoulders.

6. EliteStoner

EliteStoner New Member

Mixing mostly clean urine with very little dirty urine? Help!

I just took a pre-employment drug test today, I had to mix / top off the clean urine with just a SMALL stream of my dirty urine, I only pee'd for a split second so it could read the temperature. My friend said he did this same thing, and it was sent off to a lab and he now has the job, and he is an everyday smoker... I have been off of smoking for 7 days now and been drinking fluids regularly. I filled the cup with 40ml of clean urine, and had to use 10ml of my dirty urine. I am really worried and wondering if anyone knows anything about this subject or how this could turn out. Please reply as soon as you can, It would be greatly appreciated and take soooooo much weight off my shoulders:rolleyes:_:rolleyes:. Btw This is a lab test, and it was split into 2 different sample bottles.... What are my chances in passing?

7. DrugTestDave

DrugTestDave Moderator

Man, that's a tough call. I would say things are on your side though given you have abstained for a week. If I was you--and I know you only used a little of your own--I would still grab an at-home test from the drug store and see if I was passing that. Even if you have just a faint line, chances are in your favor. In the future when you do land the job, keep some same day crisis capsules on hand in your backpack or car just in case. That's what I do! Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

8. DrugTestDave

DrugTestDave Moderator

I answered your response on the post you commented on before, but just to be sure, this is what I recommend:

If I were in your shoes I'd be testing my first urine of the day tomorrow with an at-home drug test to see if I was getting a line. Since you've had 7 days of abstention, you could be in decent shape, but as we all know, that depends on a whole host of variables. Check it out with a test from Walgreen's and let us know how you did. It's going to be the closest thing to knowing for sure before you get the actual test results back. Best of luck man!

9. DrugTestDave

DrugTestDave Moderator

I answered your response on the post you commented on before, but just to be sure, this is what I recommend:

If I were in your shoes I'd be testing my first urine of the day tomorrow with an at-home drug test to see if I was getting a line. Since you've had 7 days of abstention, you could be in decent shape, but as we all know, that depends on a whole host of variables. Check it out with a test from Walgreen's and let us know how you did. It's going to be the closest thing to knowing for sure before you get the actual test results back. Best of luck man!

10. EliteStoner

EliteStoner New Member

Ok well it has been a day and still no reply of the job. Like I said I only drank regularly for the past 7 days of being clean, I took a home drug screening 2 days ago and my piss was instantly came up dirty, after that I start to drink lots of water, and the next test I used a hand full of hand sanitizer to see if that wld work for a drug test at all but still nothing and it omost took the 3rd of the bottle! like wtf! lol... But it was such a small sample, my friend did the same thing, and the capsules for emergencies, where would I be able to get those? Im am really worried about this because it is sent to a lab and I think they break my urine down to see what is in it and look close. I will let everyone know soon in a day or so if this has worked or not, but from reading other post and asking around I see it is a 50-50 chance, so I guess its up to fait or god for me to get this job. And thank you everyone for their replys :) It has been most helpful!