Moldy bud. Fix?

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by SmasheR, Mar 15, 2007.

1. SmasheR

SmasheR TONIGHT, we RIDE

Well I have a sack of some good stuff I've been saving for a special occasion, and it was getting dry so I tossed a bit of lemon peel in there to moisturize it, and like the idiot ass stoner I am, I forgot about it until right now. I just pulled it out to find, to my dismay, a bit of mold growin on my bud. Is there a fix? Should I toss the whole bag or just cut out the moldy bits? Is there a way to get rid of the mold? Would it be drastically unhealthy if I did my best to shave the mold off and smoked it anyways?
  2. guerilla

guerilla New Member

depeding on how much mold there is, you cud just shave it off with a knife and toss it until your bud looks normal, just shave off as much as you have to, as sucky as that may seem, you won't get sick if your careful, mold is dangerous so be careful, next time just vacuum seal that shit lol, get some space saver bags, check em out online, get a small 1, which is about the size of a ziplock, theres an attachment where u attach a vacuum cleaner and it sucks the air out, therefore no lemon peels are needed because the bud wud be fresh as new even after 6 months vacuum sealed, those bags are cheap too and well, im wondering if they cud get past airport security..hmm
  3. b1s8e3

b1s8e3 Subscriber

They'd be picked up on X-Ray, and drug dogs aren't a worry in continental flights.
  4. SmasheR

SmasheR TONIGHT, we RIDE

Bump? Lookin for advice on this...
  5. 4/20

4/20 ARRRRRR!

I have some moldy weed once. I used that weed to make cannabis oil. The alcohol should have killed any mold spores that could possibly have made it through the coffee filter.

I'd say if there isn't a lot on the bud, just take off the layer. If it is covered, either make oil or toss it.

I'm not quite sure what happens if you smoke mold, so I wouldn't advise it.

Hope everything turns out A OK! :wave:
  6. Jake

Jake Sr. Member

I'm pretty sure that only the actual mold is bad for you, it's not like the entire thing of weed is bad now. Just get the mold off...
  7. 4/20

4/20 ARRRRRR!

That got to me thinking...wouldn't mold spores travel throughout the bag, and latch on to the inside of the bud? If so, then that would mean that the entire bag is ruined... just a thought though...can anyone reassure me?
  8. Jake

Jake Sr. Member

Well when my cream cheese and sour cream gets some mold on it, I just take the moldy part off, pluss the "good" cheese that was in the close proximity. Nothing bad has ever happened:shrug:
  9. 4/20

4/20 ARRRRRR!

Perhaps because cream cheese is almost completely solid? Because weed has so much empty space in it (in comparison to cream cheese), perhaps the mold has more area to target?
  10. Jake

Jake Sr. Member

I don't know man I'm just saying.
  11. imported_Migz420

imported_Migz420 CT News Admin

smoking mold is bad. very bad. I've tossed ounces of buds due to mold at the end of flowering. The first time I smoked moldy weed was the last, after a severe bout of bronchitis that took forever to get over.

If it's just a little, tear and toss and smoke the rest. If it's widespread, I'd either cook with it or throw it away.

my two cents worth, anyway.
  12. Saracolours

Saracolours New Member

In biology we learned that whenever you see mold on somthing, the part that you see is just the top layer and that mold is spread throughout whatever has gone moldy, even if you cannot see it. I wouldnt smoke it, but it's up to you.
  13. SpliffMan420

SpliffMan420 New Member

just take the bit you can see off and a bit more and youll be or right I think
  14. Del Beano

Del Beano New Member

The only solution is to smoke it all RIGHT NOW before the damage is complete.;)

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure the only solution is to just scrape it off. It's like when cheese gets moldy. You just cut off the moldy part and keep the rest.
  15. k20

k20 New Member

Make cannabutter out of it?
  16. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

You need a decent amount to make butter. i'm guessing this little stash was nowhere near enough to make butter with
  17. SmasheR

SmasheR TONIGHT, we RIDE

No sir it was not. Any other options?
  18. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

I'd help ya out if I could, but no weed has ever been in my possession long enough to get moldy! It all disappears before that could ever happen! Yeah....I gots no self control!
  19. WheresMyDoobie

WheresMyDoobie New Member

Don't throw it away.. you'll figure something out.

If it were me i'd probally just smoke a little bit, see what happens and go from there. Whats the worst that could happen right? (But that thinking hasn't gotten me very far in life either).

It's up to you!
  20. if i was you i would smoke a few hits and wait and see wat the effect is...you kno?!? becuase a lil bit of it cant hurt u that bad...but if u blaze allllll of it up fast then that could cause a bad effect lol...but just smoke a lil bit to test it ...if it seems fine then blazzzzzzzzze up...the best advice i can give u is just not to die...lol