Mortar and Pestle

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories' started by Stoned_Russian8691, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Stoned_Russian8691

Stoned_Russian8691 New Member

2. jikaboom123

jikaboom123 Sr. Member

That's cool, but I think a grinder is a bit easier. I bet you grind it really fine, though!

3. Everlong2019

Everlong2019 Sr. Member

im assuming it works...but most mortar and pestles that i have seen, the bowl thing is kinda rough, and i feel like alot of your kief would just get stuck on the rough bowl. Is this correct or do you have a smoother bowl...?

4. Stoned_Russian8691

It does have little roughness to it, and a minimal amount will stick to the side, which is easily cleaned with a finger. But it makes a ton of keif. It's great to make hash. The only issue I've had with it is that it has trouble grinding if the weed isn't dry enough and it makes it too fine to do a joint or blunt. But perfect for a bong or bowl if you use a screen. Also I noticed if I don't grind it I don't get as high.

5. Canta

Canta Sr. Member

I guess it would work great if you have a ceramic pestle an mortar and some nice dry weed.

6. BuddingArtist

BuddingArtist New Member

I've never heard of a mortar and pestle used just for grinding, but I read about using it in a recipe in the High Times Pot Smoker's Handbook.

7. Stoned_Russian8691

Yeah I use a ceramic one. They are like 6 bucks at the asian grocery store. lol.