Most potent?

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by UpInFlames, May 16, 2009.

1. UpInFlames

UpInFlames Sr. Member

Well I live in California and I usually just buy 30$ of chronic. 3 nuggets usually get me baked. Now I have about 70$, and I want something that get me high as HELL. My dealer said orange kush is the shit and will fuck me up. Is orange kush one of the best? Is purple hays better? What is more potent than those two? Thanks in advance.
  2. Plainsman1963

Plainsman1963 New Member

You're splitting hairs b/c at ths point you have access to some of the top grade MJ known to man---now if you could get your hands on some bona fide "trainwreck" or "lunchbox'', then you'd mos def get a great high instead of just baked and sleepy.
  3. KMKbuzz4-2-0

KMKbuzz4-2-0 Sr. Member

purple hays....wow man ok well first off the Hendrix song is Purple Haze and its not an actual strain of bud(though since there are purple strains and haze strains...I guess you could breed one in theory...but it obviously wouldn't be THE "Purple Haze".)

There are so many strains that produce such a wide variety of effects there are LOTS of the "best". Unlike purple haze Orange Kush is a real strain and a good one at that.
    So which one is better?...the fake one that lots of low level dealers just call their bud to convince less experienced tokers to pay more -or- the medicinal quality strain Orange Kush....go for the Kush ;)
  4. UpInFlames

UpInFlames Sr. Member

Thanks. But where i'm from we actually do call it purple haze. It looks like kush and it has these purple hairs. I've heard it's quite good.
  5. KMKbuzz4-2-0

KMKbuzz4-2-0 Sr. Member

I don't know, its just that there are so many strains that have purple leaves and hairs that if you call them all purple haze...well it kind of ruins it because then how do you differentiate between the purple strains...cause some of them can have pretty different effects and different tastes
  6. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

AFAIK, the most potent strains are the "Whites": White Widow, White Rhino, and White Russian.
    2 people like this.
  7. Guru

Guru Sr. Member

Hmmm interesting I've smoked some White Rhino in the past and didn't feel as though it was anywhere near as potent as other strains I've smoked like cheese or some very, very nice stuff I have smoked from Amsterdam.
  8. newlyformedmind

newlyformedmind New Member

No that's not true. Obviously we all know G-13 is the most potent strain ever. OG and Bubba Kush, AK-47 have higher thc levels. The original Blueberry is up there.
  9. jondank13

jondank13 New Member

So even if your bud is purple than that doesn't make it that great? I mean even if there's no such thing as purple haze aren't the purple strains still very good?
  10. KMKbuzz4-2-0

KMKbuzz4-2-0 Sr. Member

Nope.
    Thats the whole thing- strain doesn't gaurantee potency and method of cultivation(soil organic, hydroponics, aeroponics) doesn't gaurantee potency...it just creates potential, which you can turn into aweome bud if you know what you're doing. The thing is if you don't know what you're doing or you're just too lazy/busy/whatever to put the effort in then your final product reflects that...meaning your bud is not very good.

I have a couple friends who just go out into the fields near their house and plant some seeds back there and just go maybe one or twice per week to water them. No nutrients, no care for the plant...just water if it doesn't rain and getting rid of the obvious males(yea they don't even always check closely becaue its always ends up being completely pollinated). Of course since its just a plant it will grow like this but the bud they harvest is mids at best.

After one of our mutual friends bought some Granddaddy Purple and was giving some clones away those friends got a couple too and that was the first time I smoked some some purple name strain buds(and I'm sure of it) and it was mid quality...not even on the high end of mids.
    Purple buds that aren't so great? Sad, but entirely possible. :(
  11. onthbrightside

onthbrightside New Member

I'd go half and half orange kush is one of my faves but purple haze fucks u up pretty good