My saliva drug test story

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by CTbrthrhd, Jan 25, 2006.

1. CTbrthrhd

CTbrthrhd New Member

OK, so it is now January 25th at 11 AM. The last time I smoked was around 1 AM last night/this morning. I'm supposed to be taking a saliva test for a new job tomorrow morning at 9 AM, which gives me about 32 hours of total time being clean. Would it be a good idea to try and get the test done on Friday instead or does anyone think I'll be ok with 32 hours clean time? Please someone let me know. Is there anything I can do today (exercise, lots of water intake, etc.) that anyone knows of? I have a pretty high metabolism rate, and I'm relatively thin with the exception of a little beer gut. I'm freaking out right now and about to have a heart attack. I really want this job. Please someone help.
  2. CTbrthrhd

CTbrthrhd New Member

So, I went ahead and tried to move the test to the following day and they said they NEED me in there tomorrow because training and orientation start in one week, but I got it moved back to 3:30 which now gives me 38 hours or so of being clean. I smoked three times yesterday, all three of them bowls, the last being the one I smoked this morning at 1 AM. I do smoke regularly (everyday). Basically, am I screwed?

If I smoke a ton of cigarettes, while not being overly healthy for me to do so, will it help to confuse the test at all? Should I be using the Altoids today also, or does it only really matter immediately preceeding the test? I'm so nervous.
  3. Sinore

Sinore New Member

Salvia is an off topic drug, and I doubt anyone here has any helpful information about passing your test. I would definitely search elsewhere for help, and fast. This topic will probably be closed VERY soon.
  4. teufelfisch

teufelfisch Seasoned Activist

You're right, salvia is off topic. The poster is not talking about salvia though, he's asking about a saliva drug test for marijuana. Read the post again. :D

As for the drug test, you should pass with flying colors if you follow these easy guidelines.

-Brush your teeth and floss very well the morning of the test.
    -Gargle with listerine.
    -On the way to the test, eat plenty of altoids. (I don't know what this does, but why not?)
    -Don't allow too much time between when you brush and when you take the test, this will allow the "dirty" saliva to fill your mouth again.
    -I also think it helps to drink water.

When in doubt, consult other posts to see what other people have done.

Good luck, saliva tests are very easy to pass, so I think you will be OK.
    2 people like this.
  5. Sinore

Sinore New Member

Ah, crap. Now I feel like a jerk. But, to explain myslef:
    [​IMG]

Confused, dislexic, I'm one to make excuses. :cookie: A cookie for your troubles. ;)
    2 people like this.
  6. CTbrthrhd

CTbrthrhd New Member

Thanks for all the advice.

Now, I noticed that saliva tests can test for alcohol. Being 26, I'm not worried about them knowing I drink. I just want to know if I should stop gargling with the Listerine (which has alcohol) by a certain time so they don't think I was just drinking before the test.
  7. grillmeats

grillmeats No Longer Active

This is what I would do if I had to take a Saliva test.
    1) Stay away from MJ for at least 24 to 48 hours. 72 hours is the best.
    2) The day of the test you should clean your mouth big time, brush, gargle, and floss.
    3) You should take Altoid Mints up to test time. They might ask you about mint intake, say "NO".
    4) Wait to get the notice from your new employer on start time.
    5) If they fail to call within 7 days, call them.
    6) Please use the Poll Too! Wait Till You Pass

Thanks!
    GrillMeats

Be sure to eat RED Meat It Helps everytime, a natural source for Creatine!!!!!!
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    (Below Information submitted by nht1260)
    http://www.ebiinc.com/productsart/297.pdf
    __________________________________________________ _______________

This is basically the testing procedure. I would think that most are self contained like this one, But there is probably of course differnt ones.
    Attached Thumbnails
    http://www.marijuana.com/420/showpo...624&postcount=1
  8. grillmeats

Keep it clean and you'll pass.
  9. CTbrthrhd

CTbrthrhd New Member

So no LIsterine directly before the test?
  10. grillmeats

In the morning will be fine.
  11. CTbrthrhd

CTbrthrhd New Member

OK, I took my test. They won't have results until sometime next week. I do know that it was through Quest Diagnostics. Does anyone have any information on Quest's saliva test?
  12. grillmeats

They are all the same. If you followed the recipe I created, to any extreme, You Passed! I wouldn't hit the Bong until I knew for sure.
  13. CTbrthrhd

CTbrthrhd New Member

First off, grillmeats, you should change your name to grill master or meatmaster or something cuz you really know your ****. Seriously. Thank you for your help and concern over a bunch of strangers' drug habits. Everyone should give you some sort of praise, no doubt.

Do you think 38 hours is enough time clean? I used a 1 part Listerine 1 part Hydrogen Peroxide formula, as well as brushed my teeth, 3 times today, the last being about an hour before I took the test. On the way there (half hour drive or so), I ate four Altoids. How long does Quest Diagnostics take to get back to the company, because I am definitely getting drunk and high as a mofo this evening.
  14. grillmeats

I enjoy helping younger people, deal with the KAOS of the new World. When I was 19, I was in St Louis, wrestling, drove a HD, and worked. Believe me I know. They didn't drug test back then, but I would not have passed and I didn't smoke pot, because I was always with other wrestlers'. We drank and stayed up all night on Off Topic Drugs. Enjoy your life while you can, because you should pass if did what you said.
  15. CTbrthrhd

CTbrthrhd New Member

I Passed!!!

38 hours is enough time. I got the job and start tomorrow. I will do the poll now. Thanks GM.
  16. grillmeats

That's Great, Good luck