My theory- Marijuana could be used as treatment for bronchitis, or help prevent it

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by PowDawg, Mar 15, 2009.

1. PowDawg

PowDawg New Member

In that case, it would be vaporized rather than smoked, carcinogens increase inflammation. An ingredient in marijuana, CBD, that's responsible for the stimulating effects of certain strains, is very anti-inflammatory.

Anti-inflammatory things are very spicy, an example of an anti-inflammatory food are hot peppers. When a strain of marijuana has a spicy taste, that's a good indicator of high CBD.

Bronchitis is caused by bacteria, I'm not sure which chemical is responsible for it, but marijuana is anti-biotic. I think it's CBD though. So basically, you're reducing the inflammation and battling the bacteria.

Treatments for bronchitis are usually taken orally, which I don't consider as efficient (Correct me if I'm wrong). I was just sitting and thinking endlessly about random shit and came upon this idea, if my theory is false, don't flame or any shit like that.
  2. Richi

Richi CB1 receptor agonist

CBD does act as an antibiotic, but as you know there are currently many effective antibiotics widely available that are in use for treating bacterial infections. I'm also not sure how effective and efficient inhaling CBD would be as compared to ingesting it. Governments wont want to hand out vaporizers rather than pills. :rolleyes:

Research is being done on the subject though, but has been largely limited due to the controversial nature of the plant. Nonetheless, I guess I would make some brownies if I got sick. :cool:
    5 people like this.
  3. PowDawg

PowDawg New Member

Yeah, it angers me that the government has so much faith in pills. The government don't know shit, and they convinced millions that pills are oh so amazing. Sometimes, but most of the time, the best treatment is something natural, such as marijuana.
  4. nornerator

nornerator New Member

It sounds like a credible hypothesis, now we just need some studies done to see if that is indeed what happens.
    2 people like this.
  5. Bhikku

Bhikku News Administrator

Smoking pot (rather than vaping it) irritates bronchitis. I know this from personal experience. Helped turn mine into walking pneumonia because I refused to quit smoking long enough to get better. Not nearly so stupid these days.

Moral of the story: If you develop a cough (cold or otherwise), quit smoking until it gets better.
    10 people like this.
  6. I think using a vaporizer is what you would need to do to get medicinal affects
    of using MMJ.

I would also participate in a study, I have severe allergies and have noticed
    as of late (knock on wood) that symptoms are lessened. I have been getting 5 shots a months for allergies for years. I usually get them every 4 weeks like clock work.
    Last shot I got was 2-9-09--I haven't gotten March's shots yet and its 3-16--longest I have gone in over 8 years.
    2 people like this.
  7. nightwitch

nightwitch New Member

ditto you can NOT smoke a thing when you HAVE bronchitis smoking makes it much worse. it will turn into pneumonia very quickly

trust me and him
  8. the_hitman

the_hitman New Member

Oh my gawdddd...even vaporizing feels like it is causing your lungs to bleed. I am a cigarette smoker and i would rather deal with horrible horrible withdrawal/cravings than to get pneumonia again.
    2 people like this.
  9. nightwitch

nightwitch New Member

only fix is Anitbotics and it usally takes a couple of different kinds to beat it back

do not mess with bronchitis sorry but MJ is no cure for this
    2 people like this.
  10. Up In Smoke

Up In Smoke Guest

Marijuana = Expectorant

BRONCHITIS BE GONE!

I know that when I vape, I can feel the gunk deep down inside getting knocked around, just from the persistent coughing,
    2 people like this.
  11. SleepyJohn

SleepyJohn Sr. Member

Even a good vaporizing temperature, such as 356 Degrees F. is above 98.6 degrees F.
    A chronic illness such as bronchitis could,would be detrimental for exact effect. It sure beats the over 500 degreesF. Sometimes, you have to take the good with the bad.
    sometimes, You better do what Your Medical Doctor tells You. If You can't ask Yours, get another one. Good Doctors make Health of their patients very seriously.