My Tolerence Break.

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by Zeroxtreem, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

Yesterday I smoked my last bowl. I've been smoking near everyday for two years, I think it's finally time to take one of dem breaks.

This is mostly in part by the fact I don't have any and can't get any, but yesterday I was thinking about how fucked up I get all day everyday and decided a break would be best. I figure as long as I keep myself pre-occupied with schoolwork it won't be so bad, but considering I'm bipolar and smoke to alleviate my mood swings and insomnia, I can't say I'm looking forward to it.

Smoke for me. :crybaby:

2 people like this.
  2. Lukeaxx

Lukeaxx Sr. Member

Nothing wrong with a good old tolerance break - or just a break in general. When you smoke daily and find it incredibly difficult to stop, that is addiction, and gives the drug it's bad name ;)

To prevent addiction quite simply prove to everyone you can stop and you don' find it difficult, and that smoking is a leisure activity not a need. By doing that you'll find smoking better and so will everyone who knows you.

2 people like this.
  3. AmazinMetsStoneR

AmazinMetsStoneR New Member

i want to take a tolerance break too but i find it extremely hard. i smoke everyday and multiple times a day but i am still able to function, lately i feel like i dont get that high anymore i think my body tells me its time for a Tbreak. but idk how i could do it. when i dont have weed for a day i find that my mind is constantly thinking about it. and now everytime i eat food i want to be high because i feel like i will enjoy it more when im high. and yes i know most of u are gonna say thats not good for me and stuff, i know it already. as im typing this right now i have a one hitter in my bookbag that i brought with me to my college to smoke before my film class lol. anyway just wanted to type a little in here.

4. obladimen

obladimen New Member

On a little break myself, not too bad at all

always good to take a bit of a break and realize how much you appreciate the good ol' herb!!

5. Lukeaxx

Lukeaxx Sr. Member

I don't mean to insult you or anything, but it sounds like you are suffering from a psychological dependence on Marijuana. Do yourself and the herb a favor and take a break for at the very least 1 month, it isn't too difficult, you jus need to occupy yourself with something else.

You'll find you'll enjoy Marijuana alot more when it is a leisure activity not a requirement.

6. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

I hope you know that some people smoke for reasons other than to just get high. Like I stated, I'm bipolar with a wicked bad case of insomnia. I wouldn't smoke as much as I do if it didn't help me, which is WHY I like it so much...it seems like you immediately accuse people of having problems. You need to take note of the reasons why they smoke and why it's important to them - I couldn't care less if someone told me I'm addicted, because you know what, I DO need marijuana in my life because nothing else works.

7. Lukeaxx

Lukeaxx Sr. Member

That post wasn't aimed at you, note why there is quote of someone else in my post - I didn't just quote him for the crack.

And if you actually take the time to read the post I quoted you will see by what it says, that is is pretty evident that he has a psychological dependence, and it isn't because of a medical problem due the quotes "when i eat i just want to get high because I know it will feel better" or "i have a one-hitter in my bag to take before film class at college".

As for you, yes you have a medical condition which can be helped by the Marijuana - but it will be alot more effective with a Tbreak - I agree with you, and I agreed wih you in my post that was directed at you. Sorry for agreeing with you if that's not what you want..

8. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

I never said the post was aimed at me, however you sent me a very similar one.

9. Lukeaxx

Lukeaxx Sr. Member

I can't be blamed for presuming you thought it was directed at you considering you quoted that one, and mentioned yourself in your reply - i put 1 and 1 together to make 2.

but lets just settle this here.

I agree with you having a break, it will help the marijuana be more effective in treating you and make itmore enjoyable as well - I wish you luck in doing so.

10. smokeexpress420

smokeexpress420 New Member

:thumb:

yeaa i like being more of a weekend smoker, and sometimes during the week days.

keeps my tolerance low, and me and my stash, highhhhhh.:chokin:

11. 024

024 Sr. Member

your first post was directed at him and you mentioned addiction, if you read his post properly you would see he clearly uses it for a number of medical benefits and not to get high.

Back to the thread, Don't make it a commitment to have a T-break, 1 week of bad sleep and mood swings can really hurt a person, if you can get weed I suggest start smoking but if you can't for a while consider it a t-break I guess.

Plus you don't need a T-break, your using it to help your disorders not get high, but sometimes giving your receptors a break is good.

I wish you luck and hope you can maintain normally, I would hate to suggest prescription meds because they are truly addictive and are more harmful than weed.