Never smoke - Hair Follicle test returns POSITIVE result!

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by alamask, Jan 14, 2011.

1. alamask

alamask New Member

Hello everyone,

So my employer require new hire to do Urine and Hair Drug test.

My urine test result was Negative, however the Hair Follicle test returns Positive. I was shockingly surprised as I have never smoked anything my entire life.

However, I do live with 2 roommates who do smoke quite regularly. Though, I was never in the same room or see them smoke directly, I can occasionally smell when they're smoking it.

After doing a lot of reading and visiting forums, I'm quite positive that it is impossible for me to inhale enough smoke to have a positive result. I request a retest but they said it can't be done since they used all the hair sample.

I'm just wondering if anybody here experienced the same situation or have any suggestion.

I will do another test to verify the result myself. In the case that I did inhale too much for the THC to get into my system, what is the best way that I can flush everything out.

Thanks in advance!
  2. tomservo

tomservo New Member

This makes no sense to me since they test for the metabolite that is produced from your system when you smoke weed and not the THC itself, do you smoke anything else? I would think it would be possible if perhaps one for your roommates had oily hair and you shared a space where both of your heads touched, but the lab is supposed to wash the hair before they test it, also there things supposedly make you fail a screening test but wont show up in a confirmation, so I really have no idea why this would happen.
  3. alamask

alamask New Member

let just say I have never done smoking of any kind (cigarettes, cigar, weed...) or have any prescriptions...pretty much anything at all. The only contact with Marijuana I had was sharing the house with 2 guys who smoke for about 5 months.

I was thinking they might have mixed up my sample but thats like a .01% chance :(