Newbie to growing

Discussion in 'Growing Topics' started by kitty_lover4life, Oct 10, 2011.

1. kitty_lover4life

kitty_lover4life New Member

Im a newbie to growing, i got a plant from one of my medical friends who cant have it due to him moving. its a few weeks into the flowering process. all i know is that its 12hr of nite and 12 hrs of day for the flowering process. any1 has some good advice or a guide to excellent buds?

2. stoneygreenbud

stoneygreenbud Super Moderator

You are correct, for flowering you'll want to keep it on a 12/12 cycle, and just remember that the dark cycle must be 12 hours of un-interupted darkness.

A good grow book (growers bible) is always recommended for newbies and experienced growers alike.
    it will serve you as a guide for handling just about any issues with growing.

Welcome to our forum,

~Stoney~

2 people like this.
  3. pHAETON

pHAETON New Member

Its the kitty_lover4life handle, I have five cats, two are friends of mine, the other three put up with me. So I have to post, helpful or not.

Its a weed, it will grow. Follow Stoneybud's advice, complete dark for 12 hours, no peeking. I give mine 12 1/2 just to be sure.
    For feeding the plant all the nutrition formulas sold work. Pick one that is easy and comfortable for you to use, consistency of water and food schedule is more important than lots of expensive chemicals.

Read the book. Quite often when I would ask why? or how? from my grandfather a terse "read a book" would be his whole answer. Google is good, but a book fits in the budroom.

One of my cats (Squidge) likes to eat a lower leaf off a budding plant before napping under the lights.

4. stoneygreenbud

stoneygreenbud Super Moderator

in this case, the cat relieved an upset stomach, and used it as a sleep aid too [​IMG]

Sorry, back on topic.

~Stoney~

5. Beaner_Biggs420

Beaner_Biggs420 New Member

Be sure not to overwater just the same as underwatering until further advice... a good way to determine is if the top centimeter or two of soil has dried.. a plant that is in threat of dehydration, is much easier to heal then one thats been drowned

2 people like this.
  6. Kosu

Kosu New Member

For the 12/12 cycle you can do 7am-7pm lights on and 7pm-7am lights off.

7. Modavated

Modavated New Member

Since you just acquired it at it's current state, just keep it alive, and be moderately consistent with the light cycle and follow this picture I attached to know when it's ready.

Attached Files: