Nose Bleed

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Bahama Dreamz, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Bahama Dreamz

Bahama Dreamz New Member

the other nght my and 3 of my friends got some weed from my usual dealer that i have dealt with for the last couple of months, he is also a friend of mine too but n e way nuff bout that. After we finished smoking one of the girls got a nose bleed. we didnt think much of it because it wasnt too bad. but by time i got home i had a bad headache so i tool some calaflam (prescription pain killer and went to sleep. when i woke up the next morning my pillow case was soaked in blood i had a major nose bleed while i was sleeping. i talked to them the next day and come to find out one of my other friends also had a nose bleed too but it wasnt too bad. i was wondering what may have caused this. smokeing too much? (smoked 5 bowlfulls out of a wooden pipe between all of us) and could have taking that pain killer may have caused me to bleed the most? i am on high blood pressure meds but i dont tak em much.

I would appreciate n e info n e one may have

2. kb_chronic

kb_chronic New Member

did u smoke the wood? was the wood catching fire at all?

3. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

It certainly sounds like there was some sort of blood-thinner/anti-coagulant in the weed you all smoked. Marijuana by itself doesn't cause nose bleeds.

Warfarin comes to mind. It's used in rat/mouse poisons. It kills them by making them hemorrhage internally. As the medication Coumadin, it's used to prevent blood clots from forming or growing larger.

4. Bahama Dreamz

Bahama Dreamz New Member

no the wood wasnt burning. maybe the other things your tellin me about might have been added but i know it wasnt by my guy. but it was really really messed up thnaks for letting me know what might have caused it cuz that has me thinking now...

5. thegreatbeyond

thegreatbeyond New Member

Additive

Yo,

Most likely it was some form of insecticide that caused it. Many have the anticoagulative properties of rat poisons. In addition, the dry cold air of winter may have exacerbated the problem.

6. homemadebubbler

homemadebubbler Always bubblin'

Uhm, this may be a stretch but marijuana DOES increase your blood pressure(and high blood pressure can lead to nose bleeds), so if any/all of you had high blood pressure, the marijuana could have caused the nose bleeds.

7. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

You have been misinformed. Marijuana lowers your blood pressure. That's why you tend to get dizzy when you stand up suddenly when you're high. The lowered blood pressure from the marijuana combines with the drop in blood pressure that occurs when you stand up (postural orthostatic hypotension) and your brain is momentarily deprived of oxygenated blood.