Once a Week Smoker, 2 weeks off??

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by MrGrim256, Jul 8, 2004.

1. MrGrim256

MrGrim256 New Member

Hi everyone. First of all, I'd like to say I appreciate everyones feedback on these forums. Like many here, I'm another educated professional who has to beat these stupid tests to move up in the world. Anyways, to the point.

I smoke pretty good bud every Friday night, and occasionally Fridays and Saturdays, so usually only once a week, and no more than twice a week. Me and my fiance have been doing it for a little over 6 months, and 1/8 ounce will generally last us about 2-3 months, and thats split between the both of us. I'm currently prospecting for another job, so I would have at least 2 weeks notice before a drug test. I'm 5'11, 175lbs, and generally work out about 4 days a week running 2 miles and lifting weights. Do you guys/gals think 2 weeks, including using dillution, would be enough time to pass a test? I freaked out about this several years ago when I got tested 3 days after I took a couple of hits of a J, but I was so inexperienced then I coughed it up and never even got high, and subsequently passed. I read then that for people that smoke once a week, it's generally out of your system within three days, but I dont get that same vibe from this board. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
  2. melanotaenia

melanotaenia Seasoned Activist

a weekly smoker will not test clean in that short of a time. Maybe for a monthly or bi-monthly smoker, but for weekly smokers, more like a couple weeks is a reasonable timeframe. Given your stats you should be able to pass under dilution after two weeks, with your exercise regimen and all being taken into account. Try to stay away from fatty foods for the next couple of weeks, drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated (6-16oz glasses of water per day) and try to eat fiber when you can (helps move fat cells through feces)

If you need any help on dilution beyond the instructions on the dilution thread, just let me know, and good luck with your detox!
  3. mapache

mapache New Member

What about aspirin?

I'm a very similar case to MrGrim256 so I found his question very interesting.

I have one question of my own: If I'm once a week smoker and I could get random tests, will dilution and the aspirin method do the trick? Does aspirin efectivity depends on the smoking period?.

I also want to thank to all the moderators for this great work you are doing. I can't thank enough your advices and efforts.

P.S: Sorry for my bad english. I´m from Mexico :)
  4. melanotaenia

the aspirin is not a necessary part of dilution, it is simply added assurance, since aspirin can help to cause a false negative on the EMIT test only. With that said, if you were a weekly smoker you could probably dilute below cutoff levels since you only smoke once per week, but in any event, I would still test yourself at home to make sure that dilution is enough to drop below the 50ng/ml cutoff on the urine screens.

Hope that helps you.

And the aspirin does not depend on how long you have been clean of MJ, it only is dependant upon the fact that it can trigger a false positive on EMIT style tests.

Cheers.
  5. mapache

mapache New Member

Thank you

that means that the chances for aspirin to cause a false possitive putiting the dilution aside are the same if you smoked the night before of the test or 2 weeks before?

Thanks again!!!
  6. melanotaenia

aspirin does not cause a false positive it causes a false negative; however, if there is significant THC metabolite content in your urine the aspirin will have no effect and the test will still come back positive. The aspirin woeks on the principle that your levels in the urine are close to the 50ng/ml cutoff levels.
  7. blingdog64

blingdog64 New Member

If i think I can pass the test without delution. Taking asprin will not have any negative effect will it? Im thinking of only drinking one poweraid all day, taking 6 aspirin, then taking the test. Is that a good idea/