One Hitters.

Discussion in 'Hand Pipes' started by mannymcballs, Jun 21, 2008.

1. mannymcballs

mannymcballs New Member

I recently got to use a one hitter for the first time. I looked through it and it looked like just a metal tube, and while I was smoking I kept getting ash in my mouth. I still liked the overall though. How do they work, and why dont I hear about alot of people using them?
  2. pkster8235

pkster8235 Lazy Dancer

i had one.. I didn't like getting ash in my mouth so I stopped using it. One toke doesn't do anything to me anymore anyway.
    2 people like this.
  3. Ler

Ler Sr. Member

A one hitter is just a tube that usually gets narrower where you'd put your mouth. Typically they look a lot like cigarettes and the idea is that you could use them in public, you light it, take a it and then act like your cigarette went out or something. They aren't that bad but something you can get ash which is the downer. They aren't as popular because usually people don't smoke in public, and they are only 1 or 2 hits big before repacking needs to happen = pain in the ass :)
  4. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I do own a couple of the one hitter's (also refered to as bats) for my Dugout. I also have a smaller one for a smaller Dugout. All three are metal. I haven't used them in years because I despise the metal taste. I did use them a lot when I was younger, though.

Since my change to glass, I have aquired 3 different size glass bats, and I have a nice credit card sized case to carry them. When I travel, I always use them. As others have said, it is possible to suck the herb/ash through if you are not careful, and sometimes even if you are. I only use them when I have to because of that.

Also, as others have said, they only hold so much. That's the reason I have 3 different sizes. I can pre-pack them all before I leave, but they don't hold a lot.
  5. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

Hey, they're just another means to an end.

I've gotta say that some of the most beautiful glass pieces I've seen are 1 hitters.
    For one or two people wanting to smoke outdoors while hiking etc. a little 1 hitter is about perfect.
    I say "about' because I still prefer a small wood pipe that I can load, cork and carry. Quick load and reload for a wondrous fresh hit every time :)

For someone like me who spends an enormous amount of time outdoors,
    a 3 or 4 inch 1 hitter or a small brier is about as good as it gets...:cool:
  6. 1tokeovertheline

1tokeovertheline New Member

I have used a 1 hitter for a long time. Metal 1 hitter that looks like a cig. Well it did when I first got it. 1 hitter in combo with a dugout is great for me. I don't smoke that much anymore and 1 or 2 hits is plenty. It depends what I am smoking, sometimes 2 is too much. I like the ability to carry it easily and little or no waste. Sure you got to reload if you want another hit, but I am not in much of a hurry anyway. As Buzzby has said many times. "It isn't a race".;) If I have to hurry to get stoned, I probably have something more important to do, so I shouldn't get stoned in the first place. I know that it may surprise some to think something is more important than getting stoned. But ya.......lots of things.

1Toke :wave:
    5 people like this.
  7. imFADED

imFADED Sr. Member

I see no point in a one-hitter unless it is incredibly cheap or free. I would roll a joint or blunt over use of a one-hitter on any given day.
  8. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

I have one, and it has seen a lot of use. It used to my all in one travel solution, because with the wooden dugout, every thing you need is basically self contained. However, now days, I use a glass chillum and Tylenol travel tube (a small cylinder sold containing I think 10 pills). I can fit an 1/8th of ground up weed in the tube, and its the perfect size to tap out into the bowl of the chllum. Its just as, if not more discrete to carry as the dugout, and both the tube and chillum, along with a lighter, fit comfortably in the change pocket on my pants. I have the portability of a dugout, with a bigger bowl, and the benefits of smoking through glass.
    2 people like this.
  9. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

That's a great idea, using the Tylenol travel tube! I'll have to go get one of those for my glass bats. :)
  10. blackandgoldpride

blackandgoldpride New Member

I love my one hitter... I use it at concerts all the time.
  11. Huffy_419

Huffy_419 New Member

Not a fan of um.
  12. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

I found them (actually, they had both Tylenol and Advil) in the checkout line at wal-mart. I found it to be so handy, I grabbed another, so the wife and each have a tube and chillum :cool: cuz, well, it SUCKS when you have one stash and end up being separated for awhile!
  13. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I'll definitely be picking up a bottle next time I'm there. I think it will fit nicely in the little pouch I keep the glass bats. :)
  14. ctwalrus

ctwalrus New Member

i only have one single hitter i like and i use it frequently
    but i would rather carry around a pocket bong they can fold up and fit in your pocket and you can put a small sac in em too
  15. jjscrappy

jjscrappy New Member

i used to have a little metal one hitter when i first started smoking. i loved it at the time because it didnt take but one hit to get me high. my weed lasted forever and it was convenient for me.

now, it's ridiculously irritating and i sold it :)
  16. Fryguy22

Fryguy22 New Member

I've got a nice chillum that I use instead for parties and such. Its good for me and a friend to each get 2-3 hits out of but thats about it. Great for headies.
  17. Propisition215

Propisition215 New Member

Eh, one hitters aren't that great unless you are smoking like sensi star...

I prefer a proto pipe becuase it is about the size of a dugout(a little bigger), has a cap, a pokey and a stash
  18. watchyoursix

watchyoursix New Member

i dont like one hitters, but i love a nice glass chillum. i can make concealable pipes that hit bigger bowls than you get out of the average pipe and can be disassembled to be hidden better
    but if youre in need of something easy to conceal and dont feel like making anything, one hitters are a good idea, i would prefer a protopipe if i had to buy something like this :p
  19. budsmoker61

budsmoker61 New Member

i tried them for a while, the one that looks like a cigarette, but i always get ash in my mouth so if I am on the go, what I used to do is just usually walk around with my friends and have my handy dandy bubbler(with a large bowl piece, female stem) in my pocket with a full bowl and pull her out and i try to take at least 4 hits even though i could clear it in about 2 hits so i don't have to reload it for a while.:)
  20. auri

auri New Member

i was looking to buy one this week
    i went to the headshop but they didn't have anything that really keeps the weed like.. covered so you can put the bat in your pocket
    what i did find interesting was those glass sliders, but they're very expensive
    though it's not as disposable as a joint, i think i would feel more comfortable smoking from a 1 hitter in public
    i'm actually looking for a device i saw in the latest hightimes, its called a "turn an' burn" and looks like a revolver, though i can't find the website for it or anything
    i also found a site that gives away a free glass 1 hitter with any purchase over $30, looked like a nice glass piece too
    i really want a 1 hitter thats easy to pack, easy to put in my pocket while remaining inconspicuous looking
    i was about to buy one of those $7 metal bats, but then i saw how small the actual hole is for "1 hit".. i was thinking they opened up like the glass pieces and you could store it in there but guess not
    maybe i'll settle for the glass sliders, i dunno if $40 is a good deal but the headshops are always a rip off, and they weren't giving deals that day either

other than the glass the only thing i saw that interested me was the proto pipe someone mentioned
    i didn't ask to look at it though so it's a very complicated device, even after looking it up online i'm still not sure wtf it does or how it works so can someone explain