Oven Hot Pockets

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by SpiralArchitect, Nov 24, 2008.

1. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect The Cosmic Chronic

So our Microwave died last night... I think it blew a fuse. I was cooking leftovers and it like went 'fizz pop' :laugh: It's like a brand new one and it's already dead.. maybe it just blew a fuse or something, idk, but I think we have to get a new one because I couldn't find anywhere to replace the fuse.

Anyways, I'm sitting here with a box of Hot Pockets wishing I could eat some (I've been having Turkey & Ham & stuffing for weeks now it seems like).... found out you can apparently cook them in the oven!

Well, I'm sure we have all eaten Hot Pockets and most of us grew up with them, but I had no idea..... I just thought it was too strange. I'll report on my findings in 20 minutes (Yeah, it takes that long!)

2. RookieSmoker

RookieSmoker Sr. Member

they probably taste better, just 20 minutes for a hot pocket sucks. i just made a burrito (refried beans, leftover mexican rice,sour cream, cheese and beef) in about 8 minutes. I'm sure they'll be good though, my fav is the turkey broccoli and cheese.

3. Up In Smoke

Up In Smoke Guest

I find it a great sport to cook microwavable food in the oven. It takes rediculously longer than it would normally. Hot pockets in the micro are like 2 mins, in the oven, like 25 mins.

and yes, you would think that they do taste better after cooking for 25 mins, turns out, they arent.

Horrible in the oven IMO.

4. BakerForLife

BakerForLife New Member

I just zap them in the microwave. I hate having to wait for fast food when I don't have to. Ham+Cheese are so good. Probably my favorite.

5. Billy Shears

Billy Shears New Member

Ya know what really suck? Oven french fries.

6. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect The Cosmic Chronic

^

What??? They are pretty good! I like the curly ones.... fajita fries or something...

Anyways, I forgot about my Hotpocket in the oven... >.< It burnt up. So I put in another one, this time I decided to make 2 breakfast ones (They are tiny) and a regular pizza one.... I remembered to take them out after 20 minutes this time ;)

They are wayyy better than the microwave. Words cannot describe.

7. Billy Shears

Billy Shears New Member

I just don't like the sogginess of oven fries. It's all about oven tater tots.

Glad to see you enjoyed your Hot Pocket:thumb:

8. Everlong2019

Everlong2019 Sr. Member

If they are soggy you should prob just cook them longer, you might be cooking them long enough so that they defrost but not long enough for them to cook, so your just having slightly warm, defrosted potatoes. Add another 10-15 min next time you make one and see whyat happens. Worst case scenario...fire extinguisher!! haha but seriously, be safe. ;)

2 people like this.