Paranoia. . .Can it be prevented?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by FinnMacCool, Feb 9, 2011.

1. FinnMacCool

FinnMacCool New Member

Hi all, ever since High School I smoked weed and had no problem with paranoia.

However, recently, I found I can't smoke pot at all without getting incredibly paranoid. The only way I do not get paranoid is to mix alcohol.

I'm curious to know if there is anyway to prevent yourself from getting paranoid.

Just as a point of reference I am Bipolar and taking three different types of medicine. Lithium, abilify, and wellbutrin.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I will mention 2 other things.

1. I don't get paranoid when I smoke low grade weed.

2. I have a very very very low tolerance.
  2. John Doe

John Doe New Member

Since your taking anti-depressants and since ant-depressants are MAOI's the MAOI's fuck with your bodies chemical balance and the way it is broken down. This breakdown could be the cause of your paranoia. All alcohol does is suppress your nervous system so that probably why you dont get as paranoid.

Also what are you paranoid about?
  3. scofieldr3199

scofieldr3199 Sr. Member

Get to be more relaxed with your surroundings. You probably moved somewhere and therefore probably get more paranoid. Smoke more at the place you do, with the people, in similar conditions. Paranoia is a side effect of marijuana, but can be avoided with experience.
  4. candykidz09

candykidz09 New Member

i have to agree with j.doe ^^ those meds your on are probably the problem.....i tried an abilify once and it wasn't pleasant, hell my buddy that was prescribed them didn't even like to take them kind of meds cause of the way it made him feel too. i would say the solution to your problem would be to talk to your doc and tell him how they make you feel and they will try different meds next time.... if you smoked before the meds with no problem it seems it would be safe to say thats not your problem now
  5. Dankitydankness

Dankitydankness Sr. Member

I don't know if it can be totally prevented, but it can definetely be helped. What are you paranoid about. Is it getting caught by the cops or by parents? That seems to be the only thing that I get paranoid about. When I'm out smoking, I only bring as mch as I'm gonn smoke. So if I'm only having one blunt, then only bring 1 blunt. There is no need for extra. That way if you get searched by a cop after you smoked, you dot have anything on you and your in the clear. Also if I'm at a spot chilling for a while with my bud blazing it up, and I need to bring alot of weed, I hide the weed inbetween sessions somewhere around us. That way if a cop comes up, as long as your not in the middle of smoking, your in the clear cuz you have no tree on you.

You just have to figure out what is making you paranoid, and do little things to reduce it.
  6. RebelliousChris

RebelliousChris New Member

yea, those anti depressants are bad news bro, was on some since i was 11 and just got off them now (im 17) im feeling alot better not taking anything and just smoking weed, i dont believe in pharmaceutical medications anymore, to many side effects
  7. Dianoetic

Dianoetic New Member

Completely agreed. You must be able to trust the people you smoke with (do people say blaze anymore?), plus you must trust the surrounding environment. If there is any doubt in your mind about quality of the weed, quality of your friends, or quality of your safety, you will be prone to paranoia.

Just relax, and I'm not too sure about your anti depressants, I'm in a rush for sleep since I have work in the morning but you have more than enough input on that area of the question.

Just remember, it's all in your head. You have control over it. Often times, whilst paranoid, I know I'm being overly paranoid. There have been things that I still am not certain happened, but it's whatever.
  8. John Doe

John Doe New Member

My friend doesnt like them either. He says its weird to take a pill and your happy. He says he feels happy but he knows he's not, its like being angry on the inside, letting the anger build up... I fear one day he's just gonna crack...:(:(:(
  9. Love4TheNugg

Love4TheNugg NorCal MushroomCloud

Not an expert on drugs or anything, but if you only get paranoid when smoking higher grade marijuana AND you have a low tolerance, it's most likely you are just high as fuck.

Paranoia happens, it sucks, but a little bit of fear keeps you alive.
  10. jerzysanchez

jerzysanchez Sr. Member

easy answer...

smoke MOAAARRRRR. u know.... it's a depressant and.... eventually you'll just smoke yourself retarded beyond paranoia
  11. beko1987

beko1987 New Member

The meds are almost certainly not helping - as above!

but...

I find that quickly making yourself of the strongest rational reason it may be and sticking to it helps.

IE, you're outside your house and hear a bang, think, is it windy? cat? people? ah, there's a cat, it WAS that.

then have another cautious pull and you'll forget all about it!
  12. laCster

laCster Sr. Member

weed isn't a very good cover up drug. by cover up, i mean it doesn't dull my emotions or thoughts or feelings, it sort of amplifies them. if i am happy before i smoke and in the right mindset, i have a gooood ass high, if i have some stressful shit going on, or i smoke out in a sketch place, generally my anxiety gets worse...idkkkk this is just how i am...preparing for a smoke out is sort of like preparing for an acid trip...most of the time i am ready for the effects and i get the most out of them :blazed: