Passed a urine test after 3 big hits off a joint..makes no sense

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by zackg, Mar 29, 2012.

1. zackg

zackg New Member

About a month ago I smoked a joint with a guy I barely know. It was my first time smoking in years. I took 3 big deep hits. What followed was the worst trip you will ever have. I never tripped at all on weed when I smoked years ago but that night I almost died because I went thru seizures.
    I ended up in the er because when I got home my gf called the ambulance because I had convulsions and i kept saying im gonna die. I got physical with the ambulance guys so they had to restrain me and sedate me. I dont remember anything until 2 and a half hours later when I woke up in the er. There's a lot more that happened that night but basically it was the worst trip ever.
    What makes no sense is not only that I tripped that bad on what was weed according to the guy, but that the er urine test came back negative for thc. It was positive for benzos though because of the sedation drug they gave me. Thing is that at the time of the urine test it had been 3 hours since they gave me the sedation drug, but more than 4 hours since i smoked the joint. Also, they said they only gave me a little of the sedation drug but I hit the joint HARD.
    How can it be that the urine test came back negative after I smoked so much? How long after u smoke weed does it take for thc to show up on a urine test?
  2. zackg

zackg New Member

Any ideas?
  3. Endokoo

Endokoo New Member

sounds like spice, its fake weed that you can buy in some head shops its got nasty effects that are supposed to be similar to weed but can give people panic attacks its a nasty lil thing, would make sense cause you tested clean and thats basically what people smoke it for so they can get that synthetic high while keeping themselves clean and after you havent smoked in that amount of time and smoked this shit would make sense why you freaked sorry you had to experience what you did next time you see that guy ask em if thats what it was and try to STAY AWAY from that shit its pretty bad :/
  4. zackg

zackg New Member

thx..yea, that shit almost killed me. it made no sense i'd test clean after smoking that much
  5. DrugTestDave

DrugTestDave Moderator

Agree with Endokoo about the potential for it being spice. Spice is very dangerous because depending on where it is bought, it can literally be just about anything, and what you read on the ingredients (IF there are any listed) is not usually the whole story. Unlike cannabis, there's no way to know what you're getting into and/or whether or not you could be ingesting something you could have a reaction to. Plus, there are almost no tests out there for spice, and that's why people smoke it in the first place, because they want to pass drug tests--but not knowing what you have consumed is dangerous because in an ER scenario like yours, the medical caregivers have no clue how to help you because they're just guessing. If I was you I would take a 9 panel test just to see if any other goodies pop up given that you were smoking with someone you don't know. Sorry about your bad experience!

-Dave
  6. zackg

zackg New Member

they did the urine test that showed the result for 11 different types of drugs. the only one that came back positive was the benzodiazepine, and according to the doc it was in low concentrations. the guy who i smoked with is shady, but he said it was weed. are 3 big hits off a joint enough to show up on a urine test about 5 hours after i smoked? like i said before i haven't smoked weed in years and when i did, it was a couple of times. i didn't hit the joint that hard back then, but i barely had any effects, especially nothing like this. another thing about this joint is that it kept burning out and the guy had to relight it every
    2-3 hits.
  7. kde2011

kde2011 New Member

any real weed in that amount of time should come up, im 95% sure, im 5% unsure because i have read (no on a forum, from searching google) that it may take up to 4 hours. Although i've only read it once and im no expert, but im sure those who appoint themselves to be one, i.e. downing others who simply have an opinion just as they do, will trash to bash me about it. anyhow, it does sound like you smoked fake weed and maybe the guy played you or is an idiot (educated guess).
  8. DrugTestDave

DrugTestDave Moderator

It's too bad it was a month ago--had I seen this post a couple days after the event I would have told you to take an at-home test to see if you were testing positive on that. But with the info you have, it's a toss up unless you know for sure you have reactions to cannabis like that typically. If you don't, again, I'd have to suspect spice.
  9. colakoala

colakoala New Member

I'm not well versed on which research chemicals (AKA: not so well known "legal" drugs) can be smoked or not, but it was probably spice and/or something more crazy. While most people will be honest with you about what they're smoking if they share it with you, there are those out there who wont for whatever reason. So we'll probably never know what you smoked OP. Good chance it was some sort of "spice" as that stuff gets called weed by people all the time (because some people consider it close-enough) but it's nothing like weed. At low doses it may feel similar, but there's a very easy to reach tipping point at which you can start to experience extreme disorientation, nausea/vomiting, and in some cases seizures. I've never experienced the last two smoking marijuana, ever, and only extreme disorientation after a huge bong rip after a long tolerance break. :spin:

Be careful who you share drugs with. While it is uncommon to find someone who spikes their joints, it still happens. Could be "legal" spice or a laundry list of other things that they enjoy, but an unsuspecting victim with no tolerance for said other drugs could really not enjoy. Glad you survived this horrific experience OP.
  10. zackg

zackg New Member

So I smoked again this Sunday with another guy I barely know. He got the baggie from a guy he buys his stuff from. He rolled a joined with the weed from his bag and my bag. The joint wasn't as fat as last time but I took more hits this time, probably 8 hard hits. I smoked half the joint.
    I ended up having another bad reaction, almost the same as last time. I got paranoid as hell. I was walking around the same block for like an hour even though it seemed like only 10-15 minutes. Then panic and anxiety hit me. My breathing slowed to like 10-15 breaths per minute and my pulse was 100 even know it's around 40-50 on average. After about an hour it hit me the hardest. I could barely breath or move and I was shaking. I got lightheaded and my head started hurting bad. I couldn't concentrate and I couldn't drive right. I tried using my phone but I could barely hit the numbers or remember why I wanted to use or what it read on the screen. I wanted to throw up and I couldn't catch a breath. Felt like I was suffocating.
    I ended up going to the hospital again, but a different hospital this time. They said it was porbably just a bad reaction to weed. I told them it can't be because I smoked weed a long time ago and it barely had any effect on me. The nurse said that weed is stronger these days and that's why. I told the take the doc to do a urine test. At the time of the test it had been 4 hours since I smoked. The test came back negative again for everything, including cannabinoids. Made no sense so the next day, about 24 hours after I smoked, I bought a home kit that tests for the 7 different drugs and it came back negative for all the drugs too, including thc.
    My head hurts still bad on and off, I'm losing weight, don't really wanna eat, and my body is sore when it shouldn't be. Can it be that it be that I'm reacting to weed badly but it doesn't show on a test? I'm 6'2, 185, work out regularily, about 15% bodyfat, with a fast metablism. Sunday, like the last time, I was tired and I had just worked out alot before I smoked. If it was just weed, should it have showed up on the test?
    This time, unlike last time, this guy rolled nugs. I have the nugs but they don't look like most other marijuana nugs I've seen. The smell is real strong with some mint smell. I included some pictures of the nugs.

Attached Files:

11. zackg

zackg New Member

The thing is that usually I never feel like throwing up, my head almost never hurts, I'm always hungry, and I never get sore because I'm in good shape.
  12. colakoala

colakoala New Member

What did you smoke when you use to smoke? Medical grade marijuana is crazy strong. You only need a couple hits if you have no tolerance, so you probably just overdid it. Sounds to me like you should either slow down or avoid smoking all together.
  13. zackg

zackg New Member

Yea I know I have no tolerance but I didn't back then either and it had no effect on me. I'm asking how it could be that I'm testing negative on two separate occasions twhen I clearly had something in my system. This time I tested the day of and the next day.
  14. YouLiveAndLearn

YouLiveAndLearn Sr. Member

What exactly is this spice crap?

Three years ago when I got my Wreckless OP (it was a DUI but I blew .09) so it was dropped to aforementioned I had to take a 3-day seminar thing at a hotel. Anyways, it was just a boring weekend watching videos and listening to speakers.

Their was a kid there telling me about some stuff you could smoke that made you get high just like weed. The name is totally eluding me at the moment though. I want to say like CR5 (I may be TOTALLY off though). He was saying how as soon as they made that illegal he had already made another version to bring out or something. However, it was sold as like incense or something to be kept in the "grey" area. Ugh, I really wish I could remember what it was called. I'm sure someone can figure out what I'm talking about.

Is this what the "spice" stuff is?

I can't believe some of what people do though. My best friend had a good friend of his from his hometown overdose on those bath salts that were being sold that kids were snorting or smoking or whatever. Just crazy ass shit. If you want to get high that badly go find some weed or something. Quit doing these dangerous ass "legal" herbs/spices/bath salts.
  15. YouLiveAndLearn

YouLiveAndLearn Sr. Member

I would maybe go and buy a 10-panel test if they are available at a local pharmacy. That tests for just about everything. Also, since you bought one at the pharmacy you could send it to the lab since those tests usually include that. They would be able to detect very small amounts of THC or anything else that might have been in it.

Very stupid question, but can you smoke acid? Or dip weed in it? I'm sorry I know that is noob as hell but isn't that out of your system and urine in like a couple hours? I could be completely wrong just thought I'd throw it out there.

Also, next time you smoke buy some weed from someone you trust 1000000% and don't smoke with some dude you hardly know. Pack a small bowl and just take a couple hits. See how you feel after that.
  16. colakoala

colakoala New Member

LSD cannot be smoked. It is unstable in light and heat and easily degrades. It also lasts about 8 hours.
  17. colakoala

colakoala New Member

This is pretty crazy. What you posted looks like marijuana (much more so than any "spice" I've ever come across). Maybe there's something strange going on in your body preventing it from processing properly which explains why it effects you so strongly and why it's not showing up on a test... I've never heard of this happening.