Percolator Bongs?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Moneymaker, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Moneymaker

Moneymaker New Member

What exactly is a percolator bong? I've heard of them and seen them but never used one and am wondering what exactly makes them different.

2. Blackbear

Blackbear Sr. Member

im no expert, but i think percolators are just extra filters that cool/filter the smoke more, an unnecessary hassle and hard to clean IMO,

2 people like this.
  3. Mazzinator

Mazzinator Sr. Member

Water pipe percolator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    good link aswell, many pics.

3 people like this.
  4. Toxik

Toxik New Member

Its like a few bongs attached looking like the cingular bars. I think.. all I know is they look dooope.

5. TokeArtist

TokeArtist New Member

I don't think that would be considered a perculator. A bong with a perculator usually looks like a regular bong but in the neck you see another chamber with water in it that the smoke passes through. Some bongs have more than one. Go to any paraphanalia website and you will see lots of examples. I personally have an 18 inch beaker bottom bong with a 3 arm tree perc. That means there are basically 3 downstems in the second chamber. The more arms/downstems in the perc the easier it will be to pull smoke through. That may be a shitty explanation but I'm pretty sure it accurate.

2 people like this.
  6. Shellshock

Shellshock Subscriber

A perculator is an add-on to a bong. I just recently got one for my Gear bong, and it works magnificently. It has a diffuser in it. So two water filters, two diffusers, and one ice catcher. Best smoke i've ever inhaled.

If you have the money after buying a bong, I recommend getting one. It's not imperative, but it's nice to have.

7. Bowlblaze

Bowlblaze Banned

I love my double perc:
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. lovin_mary_jane7

lovin_mary_jane7 New Member

That is the best bong i have ever seen "bowl blaze", how much did it cost?

9. Bowlblaze

Bowlblaze Banned

$210 Canadian.

10. TokeArtist

TokeArtist New Member

Out of curiosity do you have a link to what your talking about? I've never heard of a perculator that your can add on. As far as I know they are built into the bong not bought seperately. Maybe for an acrylic if anything but glass bongs are blown and made with them not removable.

11. MerzA

MerzA New Member

It just means another water chamber is added

12. Buds_Of_Steele

Buds_Of_Steele Your Undisputed Disputer

percolators are quite possibly the greatest invention ever,

pros: diffuses smoke for more surface are and cools smoke greatly

cons: harder to clean

13. ganja-man

ganja-man Groovy

I've used a bong with a percolator once, it was awesome. I wouldn't buy one though, my lungs are pretty tough so I can handle any type of bong. It's not worth the money for me to buy one, because I don't really care...

14. some_stoner

some_stoner New Member

Anyone out there used the ssv 17 inch ice chamber with a 4 piece perculator tree?