Pictures of dime, eigth, quarter, ounce?

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by Octopus, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Octopus

Octopus New Member

I'm in desperate need of a picture of a dime, eighth, quarter, and ounce of weed.
    Can somebody post or refer me to somewhere they have what I'm looking for?

I really don't want to be ripped off...
  2. chadwick

chadwick Sr. Member

throw down 30 dollars for a cheap scale cause depending on the density of the buds an ounce could be either half a ziplock bag or a full ziplock bag
  3. eSteve

eSteve New Member

Well, here in AZ..

Dime equates to about an 1/8 oz. low grade.
    dime's generally are two finger length//two joint length.

1/8 is ~3gram
    1/4 is ~6gram

but in general if your buying from someone you trust, getting ripped off shouldnt be a problem. And if you have to be worried about getting ripped off, you should consider why your getting it from said person.

We all get ripped off from time to time, it happens in the beginning more often but generally people are legit if they want you back.
  4. Octopus

Octopus New Member

Thank you both!

I'm planning on buying my own scale, definitely.
    I just need to know relative sizes, not measurements.

For example, how many keys on a keyboard would a dime be? eighth? quarter?
    Please use keys for approximation, if you can :)
  5. O High O

O High O Sr. Member

Depends. An eighth of schwag is compressed so it could take up about 4 or 5 keys on the keyboard, while an eighth of some dank fluffy bud could take up 10 or 12 keys.
  6. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

Theres no way to say "x amount of weed wioll cover y amount of keyboard keys" Not all weed is created equalk.. Some is compressed into brick form, some buds are grown more densely than others, etc. An oz of brickweed all in one "chunk" isn't going to look the same as an oz of kind buds that have never been compressed or mishandled. A scale is the ONLY way to even know "approximately" how much weed is actually there. Pictures are all but worthless as a guesstimate of weight
    2 people like this.
  7. troublemaker420

Actually, this is wrong. A "dime" is ten dollars worth of weed, regardless of amount. An 18th weighs 3.5 grams, and a 1/4 oz is 7 grams. If you've only been getting 3 and 6 respectively, you've been getting shorted.
  8. Octopus

Octopus New Member

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

But how much does a dime of weed take up in a dime bag?\

Like if I were to buy 2 dimes of kinda average stuff, how much space would it take?!

-sobs in desperation-
    haha
  9. chadwick

chadwick Sr. Member

well, dimes, dubs, and nickles are all very vauge terms, as eSteve said above its around an 8th, low quality i can see, but dime only refers to price a dime is 10 dollars, around southern cali area its around .5 of a gram,

but in mexico if they know what your talking about than your going to walk away with a pound, so it all depends on your dealer, if you ever get a chance to upgrade to a better dealer take it, but chance are it will take a while to find a good one

here are some terms and what they will be on your scale when you get one

gram-1.0
    eigth-3.5
    quarter-7.0
    half ounce-14
    ounce-28

those are what your dealer will call them

if your weed just barley fits on a 50 cent piece than it is probably a gram but as i said befor all weed is different, some buds are like marshmellows and some are like rocks, brick weed is a differnt thing though those are pretty much litteral bricks, a pound that you can hold with on flat hand, and its good only for joints, assuming you have a grinder to grind it

so back on topic now ~3 grams will fit on one piano/keyboard key,
  10. Octopus

Octopus New Member

thanks for all the great info. chadwick :)

but by keyboard i meant typing keyboard :(

or if you can give me some other general way of measuring, that would be great too!

for example, a standard pencil, american/canadian coin, finger measurements?
  11. O High O

O High O Sr. Member

Coin weights.. I know a U.S. nickel weighs 5 grams. Check google for weights of other coins, or search this site.
  12. Octopus

Octopus New Member

i have to go for now, but more accurate descriptions would be highly appreciated! :)

thanks for all the help!
  13. troublemaker420

More accurate descriptions CANNOT be given, because weed is not universal. No matter how many times you ask the same question, the answer isn't going to change. A piece of weed that LOOKS like a gram might be 1/2 gram, or it might be two grams. You CANNOT go by looks alone. If every bit of weed on earth looked the same, weighed the same, etc, answering ytour question might be possible. But in the real world, its all different. Mositure content, density, strain, how it was grown, etc all play a role in bud weight. For example, I've had ozs that would civer an entire keyboard, and I've had ozs that would only cover the number pad to the right of a keyboard. How much space is covers is definitely a POOR method of measurement, as it doesn't take the buds density into consideration at all. A bud thats an inch thick isn't going to be the same as a bud thats 1/2 in thick....but they might both cover the same number of keyboard keys.
    5 people like this.
  14. eSteve

eSteve New Member

hence what i had just said, a dime is about an eighth.

Ya kno i knew that it was 3.5 grams but for some reason i just rounded down and doubled for 1/4.. pretty stupid. gotta stop getting high before i write these things.
  15. Darque Pervert

Darque Pervert Jive Honkey

I haven't seen 1/8th for ABOUT $10.00 since I was in high school, and even then it was rare.
    If you're getting 1/8thoz for $10, you either have the most phenominal hookup in the world y you're buying shitty weed.
  16. troublemaker420

Not to be argumentative here, but I find it easily enough to believe one can get a decent 1/8th of mexi in AZ for 10 bucks. Its a border state, and decent schwag is plentiful. No, he won't be getting Purple Kush for those prices, but even as far north as SD, I can get decent schwag for a whole $2.50 more than he is paying (25 for a 1/4). In his first post, he made it clear he was referring to schwaggy weed and not KB
  17. btbam420

btbam420 New Member

oh my

18. chadwick

chadwick Sr. Member

19. ADIDAS

ADIDAS Represent. KY

Actually this is very geographically dependent. Around these parts, a dime is 10 grams, a nickel is 5 grams. While I do not agree with the system, thats the way it is.
  20. eSteve

eSteve New Member

Heh. I love this community, i don't even need to defend myself i have two others to do it for me. In AZ Schwag is like dandilions but as was previously stated, even the best doesn't compare to mid's/hi's also available.. Dime is relative to the dealer.. nicks are 1/5 oz here.

1/8's of mids are 50+ which is no bueno tho.