Pictures of dime, eigth, quarter, ounce?

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by Octopus, Jan 3, 2008.

1. ganjaismysex

ganjaismysex New Member

so then when you buy a scale..youre supposed to like whip it out in front of the dealer? lol "yea dude i swear this is an eigth" and then you pull out your scale and prove it's not hehehe awkwarddddddddddddddd..........but effective?

2. newpotmoker

newpotmoker New Member

yea amen some dealers are pretty salty when u bust out that scale you just gotta let em know that your not trying to get ripped off.

3. TheCheese

TheCheese New Member

I wouldn't bring your own scale and whip it out right in front of him/her that would just piss them off knowing that you don't trust them or it will cause an extremely awkward moment when it's short.

Ask them to scale it out for you they have to have a scale of there own and go weigh it back at your house just to be sure if you find out you got ripped don't do a deal with them anymore.

4. Audio

Audio Ω∫§¥∂∞≈

I think a good approach would be to just take their bag and go home and weigh it. If it comes up short then next time you need bud call them up and tell them that the last bag was a little small when you weighed it out. If they short you out again then stop business with them. Also keep in mind what normal bag sizes are in your area, if 90% of the dealers sell .8 dubs instead of 1.0s and 3 grams instead of 3.5 1/8ths then I wouldn't make a huge deal about it.

5. HighInNYC

HighInNYC New Member

Supply/Demand.

If everyone is getting the same amount you are, whether you're getting short-changed or not, you can't really make a stink.

6. Cannabis_Joe

Cannabis_Joe New Member

That's dependent on where you live. Here in florida(or at least tampa) has pretty good prices.
    For mids i've seen anywhere from 2 grams to 5 grams for $10.
    dubs can go anywhere from 4 grams to 10 grams or more for $20.
    You can generally get more for less when its summer time here.

well.. since it's weight.. an eighth refers to 1/8 of an ounce, which is 3.5 grams, then 3.5 grams of anything either way is the same.
    now, a dime of chronic and a dime of shwag will be completely different, but when talking about an 8th, which measures weight, then they would weigh the same, just not cost it.

7. Imsofuckinblazed

Imsofuckinblazed New Member

well this is the best measurments i can give u.
    being on 13 correct me if these are wrong

10 sack (dime)-2 bowls~ this can be two nugs or is its shake a bowl is about 1 1\2 pinches with your pointer and thumb(ten bucks)
    Gram (Dub)-about 4-6 bowls but if you know the right people and as them to "hook it up" it can be 7 or 8. if ur not sure make a circle with your pointer and thumb and it SHOULD be about that big.(twenty bucks)
    1\8-could be anywhere from 10-15+ depending on how fluffy it is and all that(60 bucks)
    1\4(quarter) - is 20-30 bowls againt depending on what you get

All these prices and such are dispensary KILLZ and really dank street weed so prices will differ if ur buying shwag (wont get you as high but hey its weed so toke away!) but even if the prices are differrent if you say "hook me up with a gram" you should get the same amount unless its shwag...then you might get more

i hope this was helpful!

8. BayAreaMML

BayAreaMML New Member

i ask my dealer if its ok to bust a scale out, and after a few times of it being correct, i don't weigh it until im home. build trust. and every now and then bring the scale to the deal just to check up on things. honestly, once you've been around bud long enough, you can evaluate the density hands on, and make a more educated guess as to the weight. idk i can do that, but i weigh bags like everyday ;)

9. Mister Panda

Mister Panda New Member

You cant depend on a picture or by eyeballing it. you need to get a scale.

10. lakaisky420

lakaisky420 New Member

1/8 is an 1/8 of an ounce so it should be 3.5 an ounce is 28 grams

11. jikaboom123

jikaboom123 Sr. Member

lol yea that would be mad awkward. I just have my dealer come in my house and my scale is right on my desk so I usually just nod to it or say "Right here." while pointing at it.

Never had someone refuse to put it on my scale, haha that would mean they were BSing you.

12. toke_after_toke

toke_after_toke New Member

A gram is always going to be about 4 bowls if your bowl is about average (.3ish). When you say you are getting hooked up then u arent really getting a "gram" your getting hooked up for the price of a gram. I never really think about my bud in terms of bowls. Heres how it goes around here:

1 gram= $10-20
    3.5 grams (1/8)= $40-60
    7 grams (1/4 or quarter)= $80-120
    14 grams (half oz)= $150-240
    28 grams (ounce)= $280-350

These are just prices in my area (Massachusetts) And all of these vary depending on quality but I just put the ranges between KB and Dank. But this IS a blackmarket so prices will vary as well as quality everywhere you go.

13. EscapeJonathan

EscapeJonathan New Member

NEVER DO THIS by just seeing the amount with your eyes!!!! BIG MISTAKE you can be ripped off, use a scale

14. Calculus

Calculus New Member

That looks about right. The dispensaries I've been to in Northern California charge almost the same amount from the low-end to the higher-end ("better looking") trees. Not sure about street prices though as I don't buy trees from a street dealer.

15. jab95

jab95 New Member

you can order a scale on ebay a nce digital pocket one that weighs at .1 accuracy up to 1000g on ebay for 7 bucks with free sshipping

16. Calculus

Calculus New Member

I bought mine the other day from Amazon and it was ~$10 with free 2 day shipping. Here's my pocket scale in action. It's an 8th that I picked up:
    [​IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us

17. REVOlution

REVOlution New Member

haha I love how this thread was started 3 years ago, and not until now has a picture been posted xD
    I laughed.

18. jab95

jab95 New Member

nice bud man

19. havok420

havok420 New Member

I would have to disagree with this. In my experience the more you trust them the easier it is to get ripped off. I would suggest buying a digital scale 2 point scales are the best I've seen. They are a lot more accurate. (comes in handy and if your not throwing it all over it should last most your life) If you trust them still after they leave or you get home before you smoke any weigh it out just to be sure they are not ripping you off. If you don't know them then bring a scale or ask them to weigh it out in front of you.

20. rozcz01

rozcz01 New Member

Here in oregon we have good but low priced weed. I just got a quarter oz of super silver haze for $60