Pill Bottles

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories' started by BakerForLife, Feb 5, 2010.

1. BakerForLife

BakerForLife New Member

I was talking to my dealer yesterday, and he told me that if I kept my weed in those orange pill bottles (as shown below) for 1-2 months, it turns white and is the best shit ever. Is this true? If not does it at least makes it better? Like would it get me higher or something? Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. strutinshizz

strutinshizz Sr. Member

White? :S with mould? hahah that doesnt make sense its just a bottle :S

3. jikaboom123

jikaboom123 Sr. Member

it'll keep it fresh, as pill bottles are nice and airtight. It won't make it better though.

2 people like this.
  4. Got High Lately?

Got High Lately? New Member

lol maybe he means keep it so long that it molds. and hes trying to fuck with you by getting you to smoke moldy weed. call bullshit?

5. Rocketman

Rocketman Sr. Member

Bullshit, they are great for keeping weed fresh.

6. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

Pill bottles like that are not airtight.
    That said, they're usually easy to come by given that prescription drugs come in them so most households have them in the medicine cabinet.
    I sometimes use them for short term storage since it doesn't really matter that small amounts of air leak in.

But I like glass much better and small airtight containers used for various foodstuffs and condiments are easy to find at your local supermarket etc.

For larger storage the best solution are mason jars which, again, are easy to find, inexpensive and totally airtight.
    I also use an air extractor to vacuum seal them for long term.

And, BakerForLife, these nor any storage container will make your bud better...

7. Buds_Of_Steele

Buds_Of_Steele Your Undisputed Disputer

I prefer airtight glass, glass is not oil based and therefore its easier to scrape trichomes out of. plus you can age the bud and not have to worry as much about mold.

8. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

It's true that if you put damp weed in a container for a month or two it will be mostly mold when you open it. Then you can smoke it - if you don't value your health.

Your dealer is full of shit on all counts. It's too bad that you don't have to pass a written exam to become a dealer…

9. weednprotein

weednprotein New Member

I've never used a pill bottle like that, but the one's im using are actually air tight IF you screw the cap upside down. I've tested this theory under water actually and saw no air bubbles. It keeps it fresh for the time being, but I usually smoke it all up before it has any chance to go bad. Plus keeps the smell from seeping out.

10. newpotmoker

newpotmoker New Member

pill bottles are just used to store the bud. Putting it in the bottle dose nothing to it, unless it's still damp when u put it in then mold will form.

I use pill bottles myself to store my herb :)